Lane Lambert hired as assistant coach (Dean Chenowyth has left)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Clean house, let Chief bring whoever he wants to work with him. Aside from Mike Van Ryn, who I am assuming is sticking around due to his history with Chief in the past, I literally couldn't care less if any of the coaching staff from last year returns.

Lets get a fresh voice up and down the bench

I guess the next guy to hire is Marc Savard???

Are you saying that Mike Van Ryan's systems have passed the tests ;)

:laugh:

:sarcasm:

Guy Boucher looks like bond villain. Is it still in leafs coaching mix or is he gone? Is Lambert Boucher's replacement?

I still don't understand why the F was Boucher running the PP. His entire skillsket is based on defense not offense

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
i can’t attach a GIF if my life depended on it…..

So mental picture mind blown Kramer please….

kramer-mind-blown

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I wonder when the Toronto diversity police will crack down on Berube being referred to as 'Chief'?

Yep .... It will be some white soccer mom who never watches hockey that will be more outraged at the injustice of calling Berube Chief than any indigenous person would ever be.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Could a team ever employ a “2 headed monster” at the head coach spot? Meaning that they share everything. Both equal power. Sometimes one guy does the press conferences, and other times the other does them. Things like that. Or is Craig Berube clearly the boss? Then I don’t understand these different titles. Asistant vs associate. Makes no sense.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Could a team ever employ a “2 headed monster” at the head coach spot? Meaning that they share everything. Both equal power. Sometimes one guy does the press conferences, and other times the other does them. Things like that. Or is Craig Berube clearly the boss? Then I don’t understand these different titles. Asistant vs associate. Makes no sense.

Nope, one guy is the big dude.

In reality assistant and associate are the same thing but Associate gets paid more because it is considered a step above assistant .. it's semantics, IMO an artificial title of importance to make Lambert feel more special.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Good riddance.
I have never seen our powerplay looks even close to that inept under anyone else.
With two top ten in points players (and runaway Rocket winner no less) it was simply inexcusable and a huge reason we lost to a beatable Boston squad. Me and Gary Nylund were musing beforehand that a cold powerplay in the playoffs is a death sentence and it certainly was.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
March 1st to April 18th - 12.5% (29th)
Playoffs - 4.8% (2nd last)

They had it the first half of the year and completely lost it after mid February
Right, but isn't that more an indictment of the players than the coaches?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Right, but isn't that more an indictment of the players than the coaches?

Not really. As I see it, it’s an indictment of both fairly equally. I just started with harping on Boucher here because he was the subject of the discussion.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I mean if he wanted the Head Coaching job, he wouldn’t purposely tank the PP … it’s counter intuitive.

Seems like he and Berube didn’t see eye to eye on the team and he moved on. Obviously not getting the HC job probably played a factor.

Reactions: Buds17

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

Dean Chenowyth to Winnipeg.​

I am hoping for a Claude Julian addition for the Leafs.
Need a good X and O guy IMO to round out the staff.

Reactions: freshwind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad