Lane Lambert hired as assistant coach (Dean Chenowyth has left)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
The guy has the look of a borderline psycho. Maybe that and Berube's hard-ass persona is exactly what this team needs, actually.
Guy Boucher looks like bond villain. Is it still in leafs coaching mix or is he gone? Is Lambert Boucher's replacement?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
He looks like a mean bitch, I like it.
He's not remotely mean, and who cares if he is or isn't. The question is whether he is a good technical coach. Was a trainwreck as a head coach, but maybe that doesn't matter given his current role.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I wonder when the Toronto diversity police will crack down on Berube being referred to as 'Chief'?
Let them try; The Chief's ancestry is actually of First Nations.

So "Suck it, Phaneuf! Whoooooooooo!".

Reactions: andora

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I would guess that Guy Boucher will ask permission to look for another position elsewhere.

He has more head coaching experience than Paul McLean and Lane Lambert. It's got to hurt being passed over for the associate coaching position given to Lambert.

Reactions: fahad203

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He's not remotely mean, and who cares if he is or isn't. The question is whether he is a good technical coach. Was a trainwreck as a head coach, but maybe that doesn't matter given his current role.
He sure played mean.

Reminded me exactly like Gerrard Gallant as a player. A bit like Darcy Tucker.
Pain in the BUTT to play against.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I like this hire.

Lane Lambert was assistant with Washington for a couple years after leaving Nashville and while in Washington he was part of their championship winning team.

He then took a NYI team that had no business in the eastern conference final to the eastern conference final twice.

Berube has won a championship, Lambert has won a championship and been to 2 other eastern conference finals.

Leafs are filling their coaching staff with people who know what it takes to win.

I know It's not the on ice changes people want but the Leafs are better today then they were in April or May.

Goodcoaches that are proven winners do make a difference.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I like this hire.

Lane Lambert was assistant with Washington for a couple years after leaving Nashville and while in Washington he was part of their championship winning team.

He then took a NYI team that had no business in the eastern conference final to the eastern conference final twice.

Berube has won a championship, Lambert has won a championship and been to 2 other eastern conference finals.

Leafs are filling their coaching staff with people who know what it takes to win.

I know It's not the on ice changes people want but the Leafs are better today then they were in April or May.

Goodcoaches that are proven winners do make a difference.
Trotz was the reason for that team being what it was, not Lane Lambert.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Hockey is a team game, that goes for coaching as well.

As we know, there’s not an exact recipe for success at the NHL level. But it certainly helps having guys that were in the kitchen when success was made.

The players have to win the games - but at this point, having someone who’s been there and won from a coaching perspective cannot hurt.

Reactions: myleafs

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
1000006893.gif

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Why isn't Boucher gone yet?
Boucher and Van Ryn have only been behind the Leafs bench for 1 year. Malholtra was here 4 years, Chynoweth 3 years and Keefe was in the organization for 9 years. The old guard is now out and Berube and Lambert have been brought in to run the coaching staff. Van Ryn has familiarity with Berube from past teams. Boucher has a pretty good resume holding him in place. If another piece is brought in Marc Savard could still be a finishing touch on the coaching staff given his recent release from the Flames.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He’s a Trotz protege, was an assistant coach for him in both Nashville and Washington. His coaching strength is special teams, especially the PK - tends to go with a very heavy pressure PK. Also generally a motivator, “get max effort out of guys” type.

Seems like a good fit beside Berube to me.
Nothing makes me happier than to hear a heavy pressure PK, our passive approach drove me crazy last year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

He's got a ring and that's what counts.

If you want to establish a culture of winning you should bring in people that have won, the Leafs are filling their coaching staff with people who have won and therefore have credibility that's a good thing.

It's not just on the ice where they need to get better It's behind the bench too.

And they are doing that.

I'd like to find a spot for Jay Woodcroft too because he also has a ring with Detroit.

Get as many people with rings in here as possible, establish a standard of winning

Reactions: myleafs

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Boucher and Van Ryn have only been behind the Leafs bench for 1 year. Malholtra was here 4 years, Chynoweth 3 years and Keefe was in the organization for 9 years. The old guard is now out and Berube and Lambert have been brought in to run the coaching staff. Van Ryn has familiarity with Berube from past teams. Boucher has a pretty good resume holding him in place. If another piece is brought in Marc Savard could still be a finishing touch on the coaching staff given his recent release from the Flames.
Powerplay was a disaster though. I think we might have been one of the only teams to run an umbrella as opposed to a 1 - 3 - 1 too. Big gamble that did not work, and zero adjustments. Should be fired.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Associate coach, I'm not sure what the difference between an associate coach and an assistant coach is I'm not sure, but he is not technically an assistant coach
Associate coach is generally the more prestigious title/role as the second-in-command to the head coach. An associate coach is ostensibly an assistant coach but an assistant coach is not at all guaranteed to be an associate coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad