Lane Lambert hired as assistant coach (Dean Chenowyth has left)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Title needs changing. He’s Associate not Assistant

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Hard from where we’re looking to know what impact each assistant had on their teams overall success but I can definitely say I welcome all changes to our staff from last year.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
One associate and three assistant coaches.

A director of goaltending and a goaltending coach.

Five assistant general managers. What the hell do they do -- hold assistant general managers meetings?

Then there's the senior vice president, the director of scouting & hockey operations, the director of team operations, the director of player personnel, the director of player development, the director of amateur scouting, and my favorite -- the special assistant to the general manager. I hope the don't drop their business cards in a pile: they would never sort them out.

I think they're down a few positions. Time to hire a few more assistant general managers.

Reactions: Canadian Finn

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Yeah isn't that what makes it offensive to some?
No doubt. And I know "they" will try. Whether it has legs is another entertaining question, because Berube unapologetically, absolutely owns that name, with a glare and a scowl.

Defining its offense is akin to bathing rattlesnakes and I'll leave both to "them" as well.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd turf Boucher, he seemed to over coach the PP, zero fluidity and flow.

He's known as a defensive coach, so having him coach the PP was always an odd choice I never understood it.

He should be coaching the PK.

Having a staff thre guys that have head coaching experience means you have a strong staff.

Especially when 2 of those 3 have cup rings and the other guy has gone to the conference final.

If they do let Boucher go I'd like to see Jay Woodcroft replace him.

But as it stands the coaching staff, at least the ones on the bench look pretty strong.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Hockey aside, the guy is a classy human being. He knew his 1st wife had a rare form of cancer when they met and instead of running away, he married her. She had upwards of 20 surgeries during her battle. I wasn't a fan of him as a coach in NY but I'm glad he's back in the game.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I think this is the guy who was jawing with the Leaf bench over putting the #1 overplay out in the last minute in a Leaf lopsided win, no? Then Keefe caved? If so I remember laughing thinking Keefe got played.

(Edit) never mind that was Rocky Thompson

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
we dont know yet if any of Sheldon’s assistants are fired or not?

They got rid of one today, Dean Chynoweth
Malhotra also left to go to Abbotsford.

No idea who he is and what an associate coach does.

Glad to see change behind the bench but it’s the bare minimum required, and should have happened 2 years ago, along with personnel changes that scream to be done but potentially will not be…

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He looks like a mean bitch, I like it.
1717674316773.jpeg

He looks very mean.

1717674447597.jpeg

Did our snowflakes give their permission to hire such mean and scary looking coaches?

Was this guy not available?

1717674606449.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad