Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
He’s slowly getting more and more physical. Also, he’s very strong on his skates. It’s pretty surprising how he’s able to push off opposing players with relative ease.
That's because there is a single type of line on the Habs: offense. That means whatever the line, there need to be an offensive dmen on the back and MSL overuse his best to win which only tires them out and cause him to lose.

If the team had lines and D pairing with identity, game magement would be way easier.
Half of our defensemen are absolutely atrocious, so there’s a very good reason why MSL is overplaying Guhle, Hutson and Matheson.

Savard and Xhekaj have both looked like pylons who can’t skate for shit. Barron played well last night. If he can keep it up, it might add a bit more stability. Struble coming back might solidify our third-pairing.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This is silly.

We lost Matheson and Hutson picked up the slack. MSL isn’t going to use him 30 mins a night for 80 games.
Hutson was the most played dmen at 5v5 before the Kings game. MSL apparently said they wanted to manage him because he's from the NCAA and they aren't used to 82 games and he's doing the total opposite right out of the gate even when Matheson was arouhd.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hutson was the most played dmen at 5v5 before the Kings game. MSL apparently said they wanted to manage him because he's from the NCAA and they aren't used to 82 games and he's doing the total opposite right out of the gate even when Matheson was arouhd.
The very fact that you quoted him as saying they have to be aware of his usage undermines your whole point.

They’re aware that they have to be careful with his time but when a teammate goes down he’s going to have to pick up some ice. And he’s exceptionally good so that’s not surprising.

One thing I’d say is that we probably need another vet on the right side. I thought RB might come in. Mid season and eat some ice but that’s not going to happen now. It’s just too green a group and we need a steadying presence back there. But that’s a GM issue.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The very fact that you quoted him as saying they have to be aware of his usage undermines your whole point.
My point is that they are aware and are still doing it regardless. MSL did the same shit with Allen in his first season, he's been doing it with Matheson, he will do the same it with Monty this year because Primeau was shaky in one game. He was doing it to Struble until he hit a wall last year.

Despite all his talking about game and energy management to the media, MSL has shown zero abilities at managing it over the last 3 seasons.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
My point is that they are aware and are still doing it regardless. MSL did the same shit with Allen in his first season, he's been doing it with Matheson, he will do the same it with Monty this year because Primeau was shaky in one game. He was doing it to Struble until he hit a wall last year.

Despite all his talking about game and energy management to the media, MSL has shown zero abilities at managing it over the last 3 seasons.
We are five games in. Again, we lost Matheson last night and he saw a spike in ice. It’s ridiculous to worry about this now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

They’re aware that they have to be careful with his time but when a teammate goes down he’s going to have to pick up some ice. And he’s exceptionally good so that’s not surprising.

One thing I’d say is that we probably need another vet on the right side. I thought RB might come in. Mid season and eat some ice but that’s not going to happen now. It’s just too green a group and we need a steadying presence back there. But that’s a GM issue.
We definately need a stabilizing force on the right side.

And seriously, Xhekaj is just regressing. It's concerning imo.

Reactions: jrom

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He's surprisingly strong for his size. I saw him contain Kempe physically, who's big and strong.

He impressive me with his defensive qualities at this moment. He is going to be good at defensive aswell.

This guy is special, very special!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I've been reading the 'he just skates around the perimeter' takes and I can tell they haven't seen him play. Even without generating points, he consistently finds an open man who gets a shot on goal. He's making a tangible difference in possession AND chances, no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad