Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
question here. If he finished this year, over 45 points. Positive ratio….
Next year is his last contract year. What kind of money he could get for his 26/27 season? I was thinking about 6,000,000 per year?
Lat's hope KH wont make the same mistake MB did with Subban

BTW i just realized we drafted Hutson with the pick we got from Kulak rofl

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Too much hype.

Crash and burn he will.

Hopefully not

I think the hype isn't that high.

He have 100% the skillset of Quinn Hughes. Except, maybe speed of skating, but the rest?!?! I'm pretty sure, yeah!!

He is a hard worker aswell with great attitude. He want to make the difference and make his teammates better!

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
Polish-20241013-204930523.png
Omf! 😂. Beautiful

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think about 3 more games of pp1 not performing, and Hutson will be used there.

Pp2 doesn't have much talent and Hutson is the main reason why they are performing well, so imagine what Hutson could do with the talent that pp1 has.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I’ll repeat this - I think he’s great on the second unit. It gives us awesome balance.
To have a balance, that first wave would need to be as good or better than the 2nd wave...which right now the results dont say the same

We can balance lines...but Hutson is on the 1st as he's the most dynamic player...better than Suzuki, Caufield and all the rest.

It's like using McDavid on the 2nd wave....

Reactions: Gustave

negative77

I love 4th lines
Nov 10, 2014
Norway
Seeing as we are the Montreal Canadiens and we can't have nice things, I'm just waiting for some idiot to take a run at our Lane and break him Patrick Laine style.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
It's funny because they used a similar strategy in 2024 as the Rangers did in 2017.

Habs were high on Hage and so they moved up to try and have a chance to get him, which they did.

In 2017, the Rangers were sky high on Pettersson. They traded Stepan to get the 7th pick, hoping for a chance to draft him, but came away with Andersson as we all know. I do wonder which scout was that high on Pettersson.
Reminds me of their 2020 draft.

1. Draft high (Laffy / Demidov).

2. Trade up from 22 to 19 to draft Schneider. They were locked in on him and tried to trade up several times to make it happen. Finally got the deal done.

Maybe he learned to get it done early for Hage.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
But how he does his D is VERY different. Stick, skating forward with the attacker to cut the available space, unrelenting pursuits. It’s very unconventional and was susceptible to questions.
It’s no longer unconventional. NHL D coaches are coaching exactly that.

A lot of emphasis on shutting plays down early - forwards are so fast and skilled now, so an ounce of prevention ...

Defend by attacking - Toes first / surfing, creating lateral gap, playing on top to shut things down early.

The questions came mostly from old school thinking.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
It’s no longer unconventional. NHL D coaches are coaching exactly that.

A lot of emphasis on shutting plays down early - forwards are so fast and skilled now, so an ounce of prevention ...

Defend by attacking - Toes first / surfing, creating lateral gap, playing on top to shut things down early.

The questions came mostly from old school thinking.
I guess I just showed my age :laugh:

But yeah, it’s a different approach for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad