Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Whoever said his skating was some big flaw was trying to be the smartest person in the room without knowing what they were talking about. His skating is masterful
Someone even posted a video of him “failing at crossovers” during a Nicholas drill. LOL

… when it was obviously not the intent of the drill. Total lack of knowledge regarding what skating coaches work on these days.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hilarious that he's already made Brady piss his pants on live TV.

Hutson with the potential of an Adam Fox impact for us and the way Guhle looks like he could achieve Ryan Suter like status.. I think the concerns about having a #1 D might fade away.

Fairly confident the floor of Reinbacher is a 3/4, so Guhle-Hutson-Reinbacher with all the other names in the pool, Xhekaj, Struble, Engstrom, Mailloux, Barron, Konyushkov, Protz.. we will find an awesome mix back there and maybe even leverage some of that into picking up Rasmus Andersson.

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher

Would be a f***ing sexy top 4.

Seven7

Nov 26, 2021
rookies.jpg

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
This guy is gonna have some point per game seasons
It's starting as of this year. Maybe I'm overly excited but I'm thinking rationally how does he not get a point every single game? With what he's capable of doing and the state of our defense he's on an island. Maybe a few games he won't get points because 82 games is a marathon and tough grind, but in others he will get 2-3 like yesterday... if he stays healthy he might even be above ppg this year.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I can't remember seeing a rookie drafted late in the 2nd round coming into a season with this much mainstream media hype outside of Johnny Hockey. They're talking about him like he's a can't-miss, blue-chip talent. It was like this all pre-season and all 3 games so far this year. It doesn't matter which broadcast you're watching. The hockey world knows about Lane Hutson.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Nah this killed me

I know people love BT and don’t get me wrong, he’s a very good player.

But he’s also a clown and doesn’t take his job as captain/leader very seriously. So long as this guy is the face of their franchise, they’re not going anywhere.
Dudes just buying time like his brother to take his trade to STL or southern US market …

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The comparisons to Fox and Hughes are certainly warranted. I can't be hypocritical because I have worried that he might be susceptible to big hits given his lack of size, but he is showing me that he has found a way to be great despite that.

It is so weird that I find myself longing to see him return on the ice when his shift ends. It seems that things quiet down and then he's back and here's another scoring opportunity where nothing was happening.

Tkachuk tried to hit him and failed and then he eluded another potential hit in the corner, just brilliant. On the Newhook goal when he fooled the Sens D and goalie into following him and at the last minute he sent the perfect pass to AN and the placement of the puck put AN in a shooting position, you just knew it was going in.

Molson and company will need to get a new money truck because this guy will break the bank. It was so strange to even listen to the anti-hab sportsnet crew gushing over him, I couldn't believe my ears lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad