Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I’ve never seen a player play quite the way Hutson does. He has his own style. It’s really cool.
His play completely based on shiftiness and deception. You are right. I have watched hockey for more than 40 years and I have never seen anyone played like him.

It's amazing Hutson was picked at 62 nd by us. Nobody believed in him which is a very good thing for us.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
His play completely based on shiftiness and deception. You are right. I have watched hockey for more than 40 years and I have never seen anyone played like him.

It's amazing Hutson was picked at 62 nd by us. Nobody believed in him which is a very good thing for us.
This the proof that Nhl Gm , Médias and even fans are still very dumb about small players

There is no reason than an IQ like that had to wait at 62 to be drafted.

Iq is my most important quality about a prospect.

Size.....? My 7th.

The goat 99 was 170 pounds ans he had the best IQ in history...and btw...he was the best in history also in Playoffs and never got injured except one season.

St Louis, Fleury, Naslund, Sakic Yzerman, Dionne etc...

Half of the best players in history were not 6.0 or 200 pounds and they were all awesome in playoffs and never got injured.

Since 45 years I still saying that size is BS especially for a forward in thr top 6.

When you are good..you are good.

The dude is 162 pounds..and so stong on his feet.

One thing that you can be sure when you draft a small talented player....he has character.. not the case for some dumb big players..

Reactions: SnapVirus and Shred

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

Attachments

• IMG_4918.png
    IMG_4918.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 1

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'll repeat my hot take from the GDT

Lane Hutson will be the Datsyuk of defensemen

-He's got the weird head, as stated by some
-He's got the hockey name
-He has the brain
-He has the edges
-He has the mitts
-He has the drive

Fight me!

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce and Shred

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Not much of a shooting threat though, at least not yet.

Hutson will be a special player though, watching him at the Bell Center live is pretty special. Very reminiscent of when Subban would have the puck on his stick, just wait for the magic.

JC Tremblay didn't have much of a shot either but he could get space on the PP and come to the circle to let go a good wrister: got 16 on his best year. Could work for Hutson too, just need an open Lane.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad