Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm kidding chum, I'm sure you were high on him. I thought he should be at least a late first, early second. The fact we got him at 62 is kinda lucky. So many teams slept hard on him. I knew it was another Caufield like case where teams would overthink his size over his gigantic talent.
Yup, it was clear the guy was electric. Certain guys have that type of talent that “pops”, Hutson certainly has it. Perfect player for us as well.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well…that was an eye opening game for me. This guy looks freaking elite. We haven’t had such high IQ talent like this since Andrei Markov.

I think we are in for one hell of a ride.
He’s a hybrid of Markov and Subban. Doesn’t have the dynamic rushing of Subban but he can dance. He’s flashy in his own way and is a little more cerebral along the lines of Markov.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He’s a hybrid of Markov and Subban. Doesn’t have the dynamic rushing of Subban but he can dance. He’s flashy in his own way and is a little more cerebral along the lines of Markov.
Not much of a shooting threat though, at least not yet.

Hutson will be a special player though, watching him at the Bell Center live is pretty special. Very reminiscent of when Subban would have the puck on his stick, just wait for the magic.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not much of a shooting threat though, at least not yet.

Hutson will be a special player though, watching him at the Bell Center live is pretty special. Very reminiscent of when Subban would have the puck on his stick, just wait for the magic.
Subban relied more on physical abilities. Great skating and could muscle his way around. His rushes were spectacular and he pulled fans out of their seats more than player we’ve had since Guy Lafleur (and I’m not exaggerating on that statement.) Killer shot too.

Hutson simply doesn’t have that going for him. You’re right, I don’t think anyone’s going to fear his shot anytime soon. But he’s so good at creating space for him and his teammates. Subban would make solo plays (individualiste) and rush up to make plays himself. Hutson’s constantly scanning the ice for teammates and open space. In that sense he’s like Markov but a lot flashier.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Well…that was an eye opening game for me. This guy looks freaking elite. We haven’t had such high IQ talent like this since Andrei Markov.

I think we are in for one hell of a ride.

Hutson's hands ans vision are WAY better tbh. This is probably the most talented Dman the teams had in my lifetime (35)

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Subban relied more on physical abilities. Great skating and could muscle his way around. His rushes were spectacular and he pulled fans out of their seats more than player we’ve had since Guy Lafleur (and I’m not exaggerating on that statement.) Killer shot too.

Hutson simply doesn’t have that going for him. You’re right, I don’t think anyone’s going to fear his shot anytime soon. But he’s so good at creating space for him and his teammates. Subban would make solo plays (individualiste) and rush up to make plays himself. Hutson’s constantly scanning the ice for teammates and open space. In that sense he’s like Markov but a lot flashier.

Hutson also has something Markov doesn’t have, the ability to shimmy and shake and draw people his way and then subsequently pull their pants down. Lol

He’s literally breaking games open, as a rookie. God damn it feels good to have a draft steal.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He’s got a sneaky wrister. And puts it on net consistently with really good ability to find a lane*

Expect him to show this as his confidence grows.
He will score with it a lot as he gets more comfortable.

I see him as a guy that scores 10-12 goals a year and puts up 50-60 assists though. He’s pretty freakin special with the puck on his stick.

PK Subban was damn good. One of the top three in the league when he was with us. Just spectacular.
Hutson’s hands and vision are better, he’s right.

But you’re right, Subban was spectacular and absolutely was a Top-3/5 D for 3-4 seasons with us. He was an absolute monster, and a true gamer in the playoffs.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hutson’s hands and vision are better, he’s right.

But you’re right, Subban was spectacular and absolutely was a Top-3/5 D for 3-4 seasons with us. He was an absolute monster, and a true gamer in the playoffs.
Different players. Subban was a much more physically gifted player. Different styles… Hutson’s got a way to go to be that good. Let’s give him more than five games to show what he can do. :)

I fully agree though, he’s special and has superstar potential.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree. I think Hutson is a notch above that. This kid is amazing.
We’ll see. The potential is there but he has limitations. And he’s only got like 5 NHL games.

Subban was a HOf caliber player until getting hurt. Let’s see where this goes before we start declaring that Hutson’s better than this guy or that guy.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

In term of looking for teammates in the open, Hutson is like Markov on steroids.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
He walks everybody and constantly creates his own perfect lanes to pass from, it's beautiful to see. We can already feel that he controls the entire game everytime the puck is on his stick and we're 3 games into his rookie season.

If this kid isn't an elite player in the making i really don't know who is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad