Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

These stats are no coincidence, these stats have been that way his entire career, at every level. Those are against Boston and Toronto, not Chicago and Anaheim eh.

Those of you that think he can't play defense will watch in not so many games when he is playing no.1 minutes.
He just has the puck or gets it back fast. Fun to see defense does not only mean « stand in passing lanes and finish your check »

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I know it’s early, but I think he sets the record for points by Habs first year dman. If he doesn’t get injured I’m saying 60-70 points.
I don't believe he is going to be close to 60-70 points. At best, I would say around 40-45 for his rookie year. Most of the rookie production goes down after December.

Remember how Logan Cooley has red hot in his first 20 games in the NHL?

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I don't think his value is that high, but that depends on what anyone thinks high means. I have never cared for Matheson so I don't see the need to be careful here as I think GMs know what kind of player he is. I don't think he's the key to any big trade outside of a package.
His salary is barely 5m. If we retain 50% of his salary, I'm pretty sure we can get a first round pick for him.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Keeping him off the first unit is madness at this point.

He's lucky if he gets like 15 seconds per powerplay on the 2nd wave. With his skill set he's custom made to run a powerplay, not giving him that opportunity when he's clearly ready is just handicapping the team unnecessarily.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Broken record time lol:

Hutson played 17:22 at even strength, only Kaiden Guhle (18:01) played more on the Canadiens. Hutson played 22:48 total, only Mike Matheson played more for Montreal. In those minutes, per Natural Stat Trick, the Canadiens outshot the Bruins 8-3, outscored the Bruins 2-0, and high danger scoring chances were 5-1 Montreal. This on a night where the Canadiens were outshot 28-21 at even strength, outscored 5-3, and tied in high danger chances 10-10. You can do the math to see how the Canadiens fared when Hutson was not on the ice.

And it’s not like Hutson did this against bottom six forwards and bottom pair defenders. He played 7:48 against Hampus Lindholm, 6:40 against Charlie McAvoy, 5:46 against David Pastrnak, 5:00 against Elias Lindholm, and 4:25 against Brad Marchand. In fact, no Habs defender played more at even strength against Pastrnak than Hutson. Despite this, when Hutson was on the ice at even strength, the Canadiens had 81.39% of expected goals, per Natural Stat Trick. The team as a whole was at 45.38%. Hutson also started more shifts in the defensive zone than any other Canadiens player at even strength.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Just so thankful the Habs picked this guy... If he has gone to another team before the Habs or the Habs had picked a talentless plug before him I would have been pretty bummed given how much I loved this player in his draft year.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just so thankful the Habs picked this guy... If he has gone to another team before the Habs or the Habs had picked a talentless plug before him I would have been pretty bummed given how much I loved this player in his draft year.

I was so f***ing mad after the Mesar and Beck picks. I was 100% certain he'd get picked before our next pick at 62, so I didn't follow the second round. I was speechless when I saw the 62nd selection thread appear on the board. We were lucky so many GMs passed on him because of his size.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I was so f***ing mad after the Mesar and Beck picks. I was 100% certain he'd get picked before our next pick at 62, so I didn't follow the second round. I was speechless when I saw the 62nd selection thread appear on the board. We were lucky so many GMs passed on him because of his size.

It is amusing that the little rascal came to the combine with his medical file with a note about his growth plates. Thank god he fell that far.​

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad