Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
will Lane ever be good enough for first pairing? idk.

but oh man he is magic when defense doesn't matter.
He controls the play. When you have the puck you're playing offense and don't need to play defense.

No, he won't be physical nor will he clear the crease. But when he's on the ice the puck is often on his stick going into the offensive zone. He's creative and creates space... He's been our best player in the first two games.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
He controls the play. When you have the puck you're playing offense and don't need to play defense.

No, he won't be physical nor will he clear the crease. But when he's on the ice the puck is often on his stick going into the offensive zone. He's creative and creates space... He's been our best player in the first two games.
It's good that we've got a modern Hal Gill in Savard to teach him respek, though.

• Haha
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I knew he would be good, but I didn't expect him to be one of the 5 best players on the team two games in. He has the occasionnal rookie moments ( and he'll keep having them, that's just part of the process) but he really is something special.

He’s going to have odysseys of pure madness and I will still love every minute of the intent behind them.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
He’s going to have odysseys of pure madness and I will still love every minute of the intent behind them.
his confidence levels are Subban-esque :D he routinely goes for the big play instead of the safe play, and he usually pulls it off too.

very excited to watch Lane for the next 80 games.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
1728614561066.png

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
Hutson-Guhle is the best pairing I've seen since Marky left.
Lets give it a few more months. He also hasn't walked the line and shook many guys out so far these past 2 games. He's clearly targeted by the other teams. His size does get me nervous. It takes one idiot to take a stupid run at him.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Lets give it a few more months. He also hasn't walked the line and shook many guys out so far these past 2 games. He's clearly targeted by the other teams. His size does get me nervous. It takes one idiot to take a stupid run at him.
And when he gets targeted walking the line, he flips a perfect little sauce into the slot on his backhand and Gallagher almost scores

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Just enjoy the Lane Hutson show and stop worrying about his size.

Same for Guhle, people were worried about him but he was a beast against the Bruins tonight.

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
Just enjoy the Lane Hutson show and stop worrying about his size.

Same for Guhle, people were worried about him but he was a beast against the Bruins tonight.
Nobody has ever mentioned Guhle's size as a potential problem though. He's 7 inches taller and 50lbs more. I don't wannt come off as a Hutson hater, I believe in this kid and think he's a huge upgrade and benefit to this team. Size and strength does matter in this game though. As good as he is, his size is not common in the league, and there's a reason why that is

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Nobody has ever mentioned Guhle's size as a potential problem though. He's 7 inches taller and 50lbs more. I don't wannt come off as a Hutson hater, I believe in this kid and think he's a huge upgrade and benefit to this team. Size and strength does matter in this game though. As good as he is, his size is not common in the league, and there's a reason why that is
Chara's size also wasn't common. Made him slow af. Made it work.

Everyone's different. If Hutson has what it takes, he'll make it work.

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
Im talking strictly size related to injury. Nothing to do with skill, cause as I've mentioned, I believe in him and think his skill is tremendous. With that being said,
A giant can eventually catch up to a smaller/quicker guy and crush him and hurt him ( Your Chara comparison). My concern is his size and durability, not his skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad