Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Will be interesting to keep track of these odds in coming weeks, months.

1726343497580.png

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Wow really impressive showing, he looks even more explosive than last year. He was unreal today, hands down the best player on the ice and if he keeps it up I think he makes the team. I want this kid on our top PP unit where he will get ALOT of points. I think placing some money on him to win the calder is far from being crazy, thats pretty worth it IMO.

Demidov and Hutson will be the most exciting players on this team, Slaf has everything to become the best PF in the league and put alot of pts on the board as well. Caufield and Laine as snipers, Suzuki + Dach down the middle, I think we make the playoffs as soon as this year,

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That is a ridiculous comment.

Slafkovsky and Demidov are an order of magnitude ahead of him in importance.
Nothing ridiculous about it.

You may indeed be right but it’s too soon to know and Hutson’s done nothing but overdeliver. We’ll see but Hutson’s been so far beyond what we thought he’d be on draft day. Really impressive.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To me I don't think anyone on the Habs will hit 90-100 pts if we don't have a Markov like blueliner that can QB the PP and feed them pucks.

I do not believe that is necessarily true but I understand what you are saying and agree that it is important to have a dman who can QB a top PP. There is still no sane conversation that has Hutson at the same level as Demidov or Slafkovsky as Hutson will always be smaller and slower than he needs to be to be a strong enough defender to put himself in that conversation. Kaprizov has consistently reached over 90 points without any offensive help from dmen. Crosby and Malkin have done it with Letang who has only broke 60 points twice in his career (one more than Matheson) and he did so on the backs of Crosby and Malkin. Marchnad and Pastrnak have consistently done it without a 60 point dman. Mathews, Nylander and Marner have done it with Morgan Reilly who would struggle to hit 50 points any where else. There is every reason to believe that the Habs have dmen who could be competent PP QB's who can be very productive and at the level of MaCavoy or Lindholm. Guhle is criminally underrated in this regard but we still have Reinbacher, Mailloux, Engstrom, Barron and even Xhekaj who could all potentially be productive on a top PP that features multiple star forwards.

I am super excited about Hutson's potential but Slaf and Demidov have the potential to be elite in every sense of the word. Hutson is no ore important than Reinbacher and Guhle as they will play a much more important role in shutting down the opposition's stars. This is not to diminish Hutson's potential as I do believe that he will be a big time offensive player who plays bigger than his size in the dzone but he will always have some glaring defficiencies that other player will need to compensate for. I don't think there is any situation that will overwhelm Slaf or Demidov due to their elite skill set and commitment to a 200 foot game.

There is no doubt that Lane will boost Slaf's and Demidov's numbers and vice versa but that does not put him in the conversation as being equally important. If he had the potential to be a true #1 who shuts down the opponents top lines as well as a big time point producer then he would be there but that is not who Lane will ever be and that is ok.

Reactions: billy piton

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Obvious 1st, 2nd and 3rd star today.

He was so, so good. Such a smart player too. Just good decisions after good decisions. He is an absolute joy to watch. I know everyone's heard it 100 times already, but I can't wait to see Demidov play during the same PP shift.

Reactions: Redux91

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is why the summer of hearing ''We're basically the same team as last year, plus Laine'' is so deadwrong.

We're not adding just basic skills, we're adding multiple players with game breaking ability, to different level of course.

Hutson is one of them, and I just can't wait to see a PP of Hutson, Caufield, Suzuki, Laine and Slafkovsky or Dach......as the potential to be insane.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Lane is one of those guys that just bring a certain energy to the game, when he has the puck, even on his own end, the crowd stands up, starts screaming, and even the bench stands up or leans over.

Personally, haven't seen anything like that on the Habs since Subban. Caufield can score some beautiful goals but guys like Lane make the impossible possible, they make your imagination fly while watching him as to what he could do next.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This is why the summer of hearing ''We're basically the same team as last year, plus Laine'' is so deadwrong.

We're not adding just basic skills, we're adding multiple players with game breaking ability, to different level of course.

Hutson is one of them, and I just can't wait to see a PP of Hutson, Caufield, Suzuki, Laine and Slafkovsky or Dach......as the potential to be insane.

Listening to meat heads like Cowan who is incapable of providing even the most miniscule evidence of abstract thought is awful.

We have added almost an entire 2nd line that could potentially be an elite 2nd line. We can build two PPs with strong personnel where imo Hutson should bump Matheson and his 62 points down to the 2nd unit.

If Guhle, Xhekaj, Barron, Mailloux etc take another step forward then this team could very easily be transformed into a playoff team and potentially a good one. Slafkovsky has the potential to absolutely explode as his learning curve is trending in an insane trajectory right now.

Of course plenty can go wrong including injuries, regression and the goaltending situation falling apart but these clowns using the typical formula of the clueless talking heads to try and project season standings is laughable and they do it every year at this time.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I’d give 3rd to Beck he really turned it up second half

Hutson and Beck were head and shoulders above the rest today from start to finish. These games don't mean much at all but I was not surprised to see that these two stood out.

For those who are crapping on some of the kids, remember that these games are difficult to play in without structure and chemistry. Try and refrain from strongly worded negative comments about the players as most of these kids read this board and they are still kids so keep that in mind.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Listening to meat heads like Cowan who is incapable of providing even the most miniscule evidence of abstract thought is awful.

We have added almost an entire 2nd line that could potentially be an elite 2nd line. We can build two PPs with strong personnel where imo Hutson should bump Matheson and his 62 points down to the 2nd unit.

If Guhle, Xhekaj, Barron, Mailloux etc take another step forward then this team could very easily be transformed into a playoff team and potentially a good one. Slafkovsky has the potential to absolutely explode as his learning curve is trending in an insane trajectory right now.

Of course plenty can go wrong including injuries, regression and the goaltending situation falling apart but these clowns using the typical formula of the clueless talking heads to try and project season standings is laughable and they do it every year at this time.
Way too many question marks to be this hopeful. We have yet to see a healthy Dach for a full season. Laine has been trending down up to this point. Slafkovsky's final half of last season was great, but he still only hit 50 points. We can't get too excited like when fans on here were clamoring about how Caufield would hit 40 or 50 goals. Speaking of which, we don't know how Caufield will perform this year.

Who knows what will happen on D. The only certitude for me is that Hutson will have a breakout year. He looks as electrifying as Subban was back then. Matheson is unlikely to repeat last season considering he never was that good before.

Our goalies are ok, but you can't expect miracles like we usually got with Price in the past.

Honestly, I'd rather we just pick high again and finish this rebuild nicely! Too many good teams in our division anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad