Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I’m very familiar with it. Have been playing around with those tools for a long time. You’re digging in your heels on something foolish here.

No it was not shopped, edited or f***ed with in any way. It’s simply a picture of a guy sitting down under favourable lighting. People on dating sites do this all the time. Middle aged men who are trying to get back in shape can look fantastic in the bathroom mirror and horrible at the beach. (Take my word for it.)

Let it go man.

- “Cheap fabric and dim lighting. That’s how you move merchandise.”
There’s no reason for Bauer to alter a picture to make Lane look bigger, but if there was, they wouldn’t have posted the unflattering 2nd picture (side angle). The way he’s sitting + lighting reveal he’s not skipping leg day.

Like the middle aged dude who would post the mirror pic but not follow it up with the “whale on the beach!” pic. lol

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There’s no reason for Bauer to alter a picture to make Lane look bigger, but if there was, they wouldn’t have posted the unflattering 2nd picture (side angle). The way he’s sitting + lighting reveal he’s not skipping leg day.

Like the middle aged dude who would post the mirror pic but not follow it up with the “whale on the beach!” pic. lol
I’m amazed this has continued but here we are. You are correct, there’s no reason to shop it.

I do think the writer who jumped to comparisons with MSL because of this photo clearly didn’t know what he was talking about. Definitely jumped the gun based on that pic. Shopped though? Of course not. You don’t get any real sense of the size of his legs there anyway so what would be the point?

And it’s one thing to think it’s shopped, a whole other to start accusing others of gaslighting when you are in fact the one promoting a conspiracy theory.

Anyways, moving on…

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
940curg45g551.jpg

This photo shop claim is so dumb. His legs don't look any different than any other hockey player who's sitting the same way. If anything, it's just slightly more accentuated by the lighting in the dressing room.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am convinced that Hutson makes the top 6 this season. He is simply too good for the AHL.
I know he is slightly small but so are Parekh and Buium....Lane and Cole Hutson both weren't shown the respect they deserved at the draft.

Reactions: Hins77

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I don't like Hutson's chance for the Calder. I don't see him getting the same opportunity as some of the others. Those F's get 1st line TOI and PP1 usage. Now if Hutson earns PP1 then that could change.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
No he won’t - how much harm did Torts do to MSL? Brad Richards? Sedins? Etc
The first person MSL called to get advices when he accepted the Habs HC job was Tortella, they are friends since MSL had him as coach, despite MSL and him not agreeing on a bunch of stuff.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't like Hutson's chance for the Calder. I don't see him getting the same opportunity as some of the others. Those F's get 1st line TOI and PP1 usage. Now if Hutson earns PP1 then that could change.
Plus, this could happen:

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Barron

Laval 1st pairing:
Hutson - Reinbacher

Until TDL. He could join after Savard is dealt, making him a candidate the following season.

Reactions: junyab

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
No he won’t - how much harm did Torts do to MSL? Brad Richards? Sedins? Etc
You do realize the only season Tortorella coached the Sedin's was the season the Sedin's had their career worst during-prime-age season right? lol

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Plus, this could happen:

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Barron

Laval 1st pairing:
Hutson - Reinbacher

Until TDL. He could join after Savard is dealt, making him a candidate the following season.
That could very well happen.

I think Hutson’s in the starting lineup though. He was terrific in those first two games and I suspect he’ll be too good in camp to ignore.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
That could very well happen.

I think Hutson’s in the starting lineup though. He was terrific in those first two games and I suspect he’ll be too good in camp to ignore.
Terrific offensively, yes. It was more of a mixed bag in the defensive zone.

Their hybrid defensive zone scheme can be a bit of a challenge at times, especially for younger players. (which player to pick up in man-to-man, when to switch to high pressure zone, and back again, etc …. and it’s not black and white.)

P Vincent and the Jackets D were aggressive in the attacking zone last season. That will be good for him to learn offensively but also defensively (practicing against teammates) because it gave the Habs, and their hybrid D, trouble. Win-win.

Could go either way. Maybe they want him to learn on the fly and don’t mind Barron as the 7th D.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Terrific offensively, yes. It was more of a mixed bag in the defensive zone.
He’s never going to be Shea Weber in the crease. If we wait for that we’ll be waiting forever. He wasn’t bad defensively and made some good plays.
Their hybrid defensive zone scheme can be a bit of a challenge at times, especially for younger players. (which player to pick up in man-to-man, when to switch to high pressure zone, and back again, etc …. and it’s not black and white.)

P Vincent and the Jackets D were aggressive in the attacking zone last season. That will be good for him to learn offensively but also defensively (practicing against teammates) because it gave the Habs, and their hybrid D, trouble. Win-win.

Could go either way. Maybe they want him to learn on the fly and don’t mind Barron as the 7th D.
I think Barron’s in the lineup regardless. He’s in the right side and they’re going to want to see what he can do.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I am convinced that Hutson makes the top 6 this season. He is simply too good for the AHL.
I know he is slightly small but so are Parekh and Buium....Lane and Cole Hutson both weren't shown the respect they deserved at the draft.
I mean we don't know if he's too good for the AHL, but he probably starts the season on the team because of the Harris trade.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I mean we don't know if he's too good for the AHL, but he probably starts the season on the team because of the Harris trade.
The way he played against a desperate Detroit team showed me that he is NHL ready. It may become a numbers game but he is good enough imo to play in the NHL right away. I may be way off base...it will be revealed very soon one way or another

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad