Toughness or two way

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

1 or 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Ovechkin > Marchand
Lindros ≤ Crosby
Iginla > Hossa
Pronger < Lidstrom
Weber > Pietrangelo

Pretty easy vote overall.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
For career? Or for 1 game or playoff/season at their peak?

For career, Crosby/Lidstrom make option 2 a hell of a lot more appealing. I also think those players in the 2nd unit would have a ton more chemistry (we know Crosby/Marchand do well together). I feel as though Ovechkin/Lindros wouldn't mesh so well or some reason. If I could separate them on two lines, it would be great though.

At their peak this is closer, and might give advantage to team 1.

I voted team 2

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really think team "toughness" fits together well at all.

It's also not like team "two way" lacks grit or size even.

For me, physicality is an important and often underrated aspect of the game today, but it's still team "two way" and it really is not even remotely close.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I think team 1 has the better players 3-2.

If I want to pay to see a regular season ticket, I’d prefer to watch team 1
If I want my favourite team to win the cup with one of these groups, I take team 2.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is really good. IMO both groups are skilled and tough. (Not fighting kind of tough, but hard skill)
Went with option 1 because Pronger would injure guys and gain the advantage for his group.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Pietrangelo is clearly a weak link here. But I still picked team2-way.

I think a combo of prime Crosby/Hossa would be phenomenal. I just don't think Ovie and Iggy could play with enough discipline to compensate.

But it's undeniably close. Both groups are full of superstars.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'd say that 1 has better players, not by a huge degree or anything, but 2 probably would play better together. Crosby has at last played competitive games with both Marchand and Hossa, and there was solid chemistry. Pietrangelo would be a great partner for Lidstrom.

If team 1 can figure things out then 1 would be better. I think it's pretty close though.

Reactions: biturbo19

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
1 ainec shift by shift game by game

maybe 2 pulls out ahead when considering drafting for years of success but then again things might look different if you run the timeline for 1 again as well

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I think the meanness and toughness of lineup #1 wins out.

Can you imagine having to go up against Ovechkin-Lindros-Iginla? They'd be absolutely destructive.

Then you've got Pronger who has three different Conn Smythe worthy runs (Lindros and Iginla also have Conn Smythe worthy runs themselves along with Ovechkin's actual Conn Smythe).

Give me Group 1. If you're gonna "stack" players of a certain attribute, I think stacking this level of physicality would win out in a playoff series vs stacking two-way talent.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think the meanness and toughness of lineup #1 wins out.

Can you imagine having to go up against Ovechkin-Lindros-Iginla? They'd be absolutely destructive.

Then you've got Pronger who has three different Conn Smythe worthy runs (Lindros and Iginla also have Conn Smythe worthy runs themselves along with Ovechkin's actual Conn Smythe).

Give me Group 1. If you're gonna "stack" players of a certain attribute, I think stacking this level of physicality would win out in a playoff series vs stacking two-way talent.

The attribute Team1 can't stack though, is passing and playmaking ability. None of them are really elite at it. And at the end of the day, there is only 1 puck on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad