Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Not just for you to respond but who on the left side does he replace?

It would be a real disservice if Guhle plays on the right side again this season.

Matheson
Guhle
Arber
Or get that sorted out asap with Matheson Guhle Hutson playing lhd or something; Hutson looked anything but overwhelmed playing 2 high stakes nhl games.

It's not like is permanent thing, but, yes, Guhle would be playing on the right side until Reinbacher makes it with the NHL roster, or Matheson is traded (likely after next season, in both cases) -- if he is.

Matheson -Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Harris, Barron, Kovacevic
Nice timing indeed if Reinbacher comes in for Matheson where Guhle slots in lhd. Leaves space for Xjekaj…

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Not just for you to respond but who on the left side does he replace?

It would be a real disservice if Guhle plays on the right side again this season.

Matheson
Guhle
Arber
This is the most important point to think about. Ghule on the rigth side has to be a band aid only. Hutson starting in the NHL migth mean playing with 7 D.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We need Guhle on his strong side (LHD) now. I hate this experiment of having him on his right side.

If the Habs could trade Matheson for a veteran top-4 RHD, i would do it.
There isn urgency, contrary towboat you suggest. What's your reasoning behind the urgency? Guhle's development will not be destroyed by playing the right side.

Enough with the scarecrow analysis, please. It's one more season, maybe only part of one more season if Savard is traded at the deadline, or before.

It will end up looking like:

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Engstrom

-OR-

Guhle - Reinbacher
Hutson- Engstrom
Xhekaj - Mailloux

with a possibility of seeing

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

for 2/3 of another year after the next one, until Matheson is traded at that trade deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There isn urgency, contrary towboat you suggest. What's your reasoning behind the urgency? Guhle's development will not be destroyed by playing the right side.

Enough with the scarecrow analysis, please. It's one more season, maybe only part of one more season if Savard is traded at the deadline, or before.

It will endue looking like:

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Engstrom

-OR-

Guhle - Reinbacher
Hutson- Engstrom
Xhekaj - Mailloux

with a possibility of seeing

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

for 2/3 of another year after the next one, until Matheson is traded at that trade deadline.
The urgency is that he isn't nearly as effective on his right side as he is on his left side. The goal is to develop Guhle into a top pairing dman and that only happens on his left side.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The urgency is that he isn't nearly as effective on his right side as he is on his left side. The goal is to develop Guhle into a top pairing dman and that only happens on his left side.
Guhle won't lose his abilities playing on the right side in the meantime's hesitation on D shakes out. After two more years, Guhle, as a D, will still only be 24 when he plays on the left side.

The horror, the horror!

Seriously, do you not see your over-reaction?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Guhle won't lose his abilities playing on the right side in the meantime's hesitation on D shakes out. After two more years, Guhle, as a D, will still only be 24 when he plays on the left side.

The horror, the horror!

Nope, i don't see it. He's much more effective on his left side than his right side. He's near bottom pairing on his right side.

So why not put him in a position to succeed. You know, what your supposed to do when developing players....

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So he'll show trhat drive to improve his all-round play in Laval so that he can be trusted with NHL minutes.

Let him show that in camp, no freebies.
I’m easy either way. He’s very likely going to make it hard to send him down.

Personally, I like the AHL option for health/injury reasons more than anything

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

The horror, the horror!

Yeah and while we're at it let's play slafkovsky at center, he'll why not put caufield at center or even defense? Who cares where players play st their best and where they are meant to play since at the end of the day, as you said, they will still exist on the team

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Parayko, Andersson, or Pesce as a UFA would make us so much better
10000% agree.

If there was a way to net Parayko, the Habs should do it. Guhle-Parayko would be a pairing made in heaven and a partner that would help Guhle develop properly.

We need a Weber type of dman. Weber turned Romanov into higher value than he deserved.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
10000% agree.

If there was a way to net Parayko, the Habs should do it. Guhle-Parayko would be a pairing made in heaven and a partner that would help Guhle develop properly.

We need a Weber type of dman. Weber turned Romanov into higher value than he deserved.
Yeah or Hutson-Parayko eventually so we have a 6"6 behemoth on the ice with him at all times

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I was really impressed by his 2 first NHL games, not just his offensive talent (we all know his fantastic offensive talent), but the rest of his game. Not bad at people thinking in defense, he will never be a defensive D, but he can win battle, he can play his position and play with his stick to make good play.

This guy will be a top 4 D (maybe more, but at this moment, I see top 4 at 5v5) and a specalist PP.

Star potential!

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Last year HuGo talked about creating internal competition even if the team is rebuilding and it's exactly that at D with only Matheson, Savard & Guhle sure they'll get to play.

Next training camp the 3 other spots are up for grab and I wouldn't bet against Hutson making the team right away. With the confidence boost from his first 2 games and his work ethic, he'll train hard this summer with that in mind.

A bunch of other D should be training hard this summer because some long-term choices will start to be made next season, not because those players can't develop more but because it's time for the Habs.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah and while we're at it let's play slafkovsky at center, he'll why not put caufield at center or even defense? Who cares where players play st their best and where they are meant to play since at the end of the day, as you said, they will still exist on the team
Great effort at distorting what Said and at creating strawman arguments where playing a winger as a pivot is made tantamount to playing a D on his offside.

Worst part is that you actually think this is a good point or points you are making.

Mountain out of mole hill ring a bell for you?

Seriously...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
10000% agree.

Hell NO!

Parayko is 30 and under contract for 6 more seasons at 6.5 M

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
While I think that the panic regarding Guhle playing on his offside is ridiculous, it doesn't prevent me from liking the idea of trading one veteran LHD (Matheson) for another quality veteran RHD instead.

A legitimate 1st pairing, shutdown RHD to play with Guhle is definitely not a bad idea, but we'd still be at least a year two from icing what such a pipe dream (quoting other poster) might allow once a few prospects mature some:

Guhle - Parayko
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj/Engstrom - Mailloux

6 years of Parayko at 6.5M would be great (ages 31 through 36).

Would St-Louis really take Matheson for Parayko? If not, what would the plus need to be?

I'd offer Matheson + Barron.Both would improve the Blues D-Corps, overall, IMO, even when losing Parayko.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
While I think that the panic regarding Guhle playing on his offside is ridiculous, it doesn't prevent me from liking the idea of trading one veteran LHD (Matheson) for another quality veteran RHD instead.

A legitimate 1st pairing, shutdown RHD to play with Guhle is definitely not a bad idea, but we'd still be at least a year two from icing what such a pipe dream (quoting other poster) might allow once a few prospects mature some:

Guhle - Parayko
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj/Engstrom - Mailloux

6 years of Parayko at 6.5M would be great (ages 31 through 36).

Would St-Louis really take Matheson for Parayko? If not, what would the plus need to be?

I'd offer Matheson + Barron.Both would improve the Blues D-Corps, overall, IMO, even when losing Parayko.
Matheson+Barron+ wpg 1st+Farrel maybe , probably even then they'd say no.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Matheson+Barron+ wpg 1st+Farrel maybe , probably even then they'd say no.
I'd be okay paying that, actually.

I'm not against the idea of re-signing Matheson token a valuable veteran around -- having a mix of demographics is important to help bring along the younger core if the veterans aren't 36 and are still performing at a level that still has a genuine impact on the team's fortunes on the ice.

Matheson is less enticing because of the log jam on the left side (not because of the player, for me, at least).

Scan see the value of swapping out one LHD veteran for a RHD veteran and clearing some of the log jam the left side in the process.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Great effort at distorting what Said and at creating strawman arguments where playing a winger as a pivot is made tantamount to playing a D on his offside.

Worst part is that you actually think this is a good point or points you are making.

Mountain out of mole hill ring a bell for you?

Seriously...
Seriously....

Only a fool thinks we should impede a core players development

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Seriously....

Only a fool thinks we should impede a core players development
I don't see how we would be impeding his development, personally, and that's not what I'm pushing for in the least, as opposed to what you are suggesting.

Guhle is mature beyond his years, more so than those bawling at the thought of Guhle playing on the right side. I think he can handle that as the situation clarifies itself on D over the next season.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see how we would be impeding his development, personally, and that's not what I'm pushing for in the least, as opposed to what you are suggesting.

Guhle is mature beyond his years, more so than those bawling at the thought of Guhle playing on the right side. I think he can handle that as the situation clarifies itself on D over the next season.

Agreed. Guhles's development as he reaches his prime is not being affected because he is playing RD. If anything, it's giving him different type challenges and his maturity is coming faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad