Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Ooh, we can start another stupid height debate. The guy next to Lane is Jay Pandolfo.
LANE.jpg

It would help if they showed the whole image and didn't cut it at the knees.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Putting on 20 lbs in a healthy way and remaining at optimal athletic and cardio performance is very hard. I think some of the commentators here need to re-evaluate their proclamations.

Erik Karlsson is not 6'0" (as listed on Elite Prospects). I've seen him in person, he's around 5'10". I don't suspect he's much heavier than the 155-160lbs we think from Lane Hutson, and Karlsson is certainly unlikely to be 180 lbs and lean.

Outside of injury, it won't be size that holds Hutson back. Not a concern.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Putting on 20 lbs in a healthy way and remaining at optimal athletic and cardio performance is very hard. I think some of the commentators here need to re-evaluate their proclamations.

Erik Karlsson is not 6'0" (as listed on Elite Prospects). I've seen him in person, he's around 5'10". I don't suspect he's much heavier than the 155-160lbs we think from Lane Hutson, and Karlsson is certainly unlikely to be 180 lbs and lean.

It's explosiveness he misses. He moves and shakes like Sam Girard, and right now defends worse than Sam, which is hard to believe but true. But he is only 19. He needs to get better at forwards and backwards skating, and much better defending.

I get why Hutson was not a first round pick. Potential is high but likelihood of hitting hiws potential is not as high as for the guys drafted in the first round. Habs are in a rebuild looking for talent. It made sense for the team to take a home run swing at Lane.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
It's explosiveness he misses. He moves and shakes like Sam Girard, and right now defends worse than Sam, which is hard to believe but true. But he is only 19. He needs to get better at forwards and backwards skating, and much better defending.

I get why Hutson was not a first round pick. Potential is high but likelihood of hitting hiws potential is not as high as for the guys drafted in the first round. Habs are in a rebuild looking for talent. It made sense for the team to take a home run swing at Lane.
Couple more years in NCAA and developing Marty St.Louis legs will help a lot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Couple more years in NCAA and developing Marty St.Louis legs will help a lot.

I think his vision and skating are good enough today. Of course he can improve in those areas but he's strong in those areas today.

I prefer him to increase physical strength in both upper body and lower body. Improve his shot from the point cause right now, it's weak. Needs to have dual threat of pass or shot

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
I think his vision and skating are good enough today. Of course he can improve in those areas but he's strong in those areas today.

I prefer him to increase physical strength in both upper body and lower body. Improve his shot from the point cause right now, it's weak. Needs to have dual threat of pass or shot
Like BaseballCoach said earlier he misses explosiveness and i agree. He is a good skater but at that size he needs to dart much faster as he cant compensate and shield puck with that short stature.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

yes that is true. But, hopefully the trainers that the habs have understand
this on my level not your's.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

do pucking-moving offensive defensemen really need to be thicc though???

look at Subban, dominant defenseman in his earlier years, then he focused too much on GAINZ and it all went downhill from there.

we don't know whether Lane will find success at the NHL level, but if he can do it with a lighter, leaner build then great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad