Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
crazy opinion but i like what i've seen from him. is he raw and making mistakes? yea i dont give a shit also f*** you

• Wow
Reactions: Coffee

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The thing about Quinn Hughes is that when he didn't have the puck, he was always a fairly structured player. His lack of size/physicality led to defensive issues when he got to the NHL, but he wasn't a guy who cheated for offense and he actually doesn't even really jump into the rush all that much. He's a great outlet passer and has an ability to hold the puck forever in the offensive zone to open up seams but he isn't and never really was a 'freelancer' marching to his own drum at the expense of defensive breakdowns.

Hutson, to me, is a freelancer. He's a great prospect who is going to score a lot of points but what he does away from the puck is fundamentally different from how Hughes plays the game (which has allowed him to develop into an elite 1D despite his size) and trying to equate them will probably prove to be a dangerous game.

Reactions: Lampedampe

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
what's interesting about this list is that only one player appears on it twice 🤔

having one guy listed (even 2x) with a bad performance wouldn't concern me. but half the list concerning my d-corps should ring the alarm bell. the heavily sheltered xhekaj isn't even identified as part of the problem.

just a few games into the season it's already clear that montreal won't win many games with that defense. so if winning was the goal, gm and coaches should be facing questions. else habs fans can look forward to another high lottery pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad