Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hutson is going to be great. But he needs time in the minors if the Habs have any aspirations of winning. He’s played 9 games and is a minus 5. He’s fabulous in the offensive zone with the puck. But that’s only 1% of his time on the ice. He needs to learn how to play winning hockey the other 99% of the time. Love this guy and think he’s got superstar ceiling. Just hope he gets a chance to learn to play a total game.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hutson is going to be great. But he needs time in the minors if the Habs have any aspirations of winning. He’s played 9 games and is a minus 5. He’s fabulous in the offensive zone with the puck. But that’s only 1% of his time on the ice. He needs to learn how to play winning hockey the other 99% of the time. Love this guy and think he’s got superstar ceiling. Just hope he gets a chance to learn to play a total game.

The chaos that is the AHL is useless for a player of his caliber. He just needs reps ant the NHL level. There always going to be an element of risk to his game and that is fine.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The chaos that is the AHL is useless for a player of his caliber. He just needs reps ant the NHL level. There always going to be an element of risk to his game and that is fine.
Are you suggesting the nhl is a developmental league? Should the Habs just give up on winning?

UED

May 2, 2021
Watching the reincarnation of Victor Mete gets me fired up what can I say.
Mete and Hutson aren't the same. Mete was an empty player who didn't do anything. Hutson is good offensively, not elite, good, but currently trying to prove to the world how elite he is which is costing us big, for example your video when he tried to dangle through a player with absolutely nothing to gain but clout as the last man back, and as useless defensively as Mete and all other 5'8" defensemen there has and will ever be.

But unlike Mete, Hutson is actually very good at what he does. It's just that he should be our #6 only deployed in the O zone and our PPQB. Instead he has the most ice time on our team(lol). I think his excessive dangling will stop when he will have the difficult realization that he is nothing special and he will be a serviceable 4th forward.

If it were up to me, I would not have a 4th forward on my team but most teams do and it looks as though Hutson will be ours for the next 10 years but right now he's being used as though he were a defenseman. He's not, and he is being exposed that way, which is really good for us.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Man the eyes on opposing players must light up when they see this guy defending...
I feel for the kid who never asked for hab fans to have the nerve to compare him to Quinn a top 3 dman in the league but I mean this was the most obvious outcome, he's far to flawed to justify having him out there in any defensive situation.
The amount of sheltering needed just to play him doesn't seem feasible.

I get he's young but he's clearly in way over his head and needs to be sent down to learn how to play defense, otherwise they will destroy the poor kids confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad