Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I feel for the kid who never asked for hab fans to have the nerve to compare him to Quinn a top 3 dman in the league but I mean this was the most obvious outcome, he's far to flawed to justify having him out there in any defensive situation.
The amount of sheltering needed just to play him doesn't seem feasible.

I get he's young but he's clearly in way over his head and needs to be sent down to learn how to play defense, otherwise they will destroy the poor kids confidence.
Quinn Hughes was like -40 over his first 100 nhl games.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Being completely mismanaged. Let the fans have the illusion of an immediate savior. As a coach you don’t actually put him in that position
Yeah, all jokes aside Hutson has looked impressive. But playing him 24 min a game is just terrible coaching, perhaps Martin had a bias for playing short players 🤔

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I don't think you've been watching anything besides the +/- stats
I've watched almost every shift and all he does is skate around the offensive zone eventually going into the corners with nine times out of ten the puck being turned over.

Who cares how often he has the puck when despite the zone time, the team is absolutely getting crushed in the end.

Watch Quinn Hughes play even in his worst season in the North div, Quinn has never floundered the way this kid does.

You guys refuse to see what's so painfully obvious and that is he's not only not gonna learn in this scenario but he's been regressing as teams shake the rust out and study video of him.

There's no shame in admitting he's overmatched and needs to be sent down to work on his game.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
usdp-nnd.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Can’t disagree. Huston isn’t ready for the nhl and certainly needs to
Learn how to pkay the right way in the minors. But even so he’s got superstar written all over him. I’m hoping the Habs send him down for a half season. Because if they do, when he comes up, watch out for a complete player. And that’s scary with his skills.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Is Lane Huston’s picture correct on HockeyDB?

Lane Hutson hockey player photo

This looks like a 6’6” Russian bottom 6er not a 5’9” OFD.

Am I crazy?

I know it’s him but not what I expected him to look like (when I looked up his stats) as the picture in my head is this:
1729651848524.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad