Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Is Lane Huston’s picture correct on HockeyDB?

Lane Hutson hockey player photo

This looks like a 6’6” Russian bottom 6er not a 5’9” OFD.

Am I crazy?

I know it’s him but not what I expected him to look like (when I looked up his stats) as the picture in my head is this:
View attachment 920274
Screenshot_2024-10-22_at_7.21.38_PM.png

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I feel bad for the guy. The major sports media in Canada is pushing him relentlessly and he needs time to grow his game. Instead they're talking like he's the next Makar or some shit and putting all this pressure on him.
Feel worse for him for playing on a team that just threw him to the wolves.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
So after his first 2 seasons he was -34? Sorry I guess I was off by 6.
I mean you also said -40 in 100gp, which is very different.

Quinn had some rough games before he got acclimated, but he only had a single -4 game in his entire first season. Hutson has two in like 8 games.

Maybe he figures it out too, maybe he doesn't, but the relentless comparisons from Habs fans is why people laugh when he gets destroyed like this.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Quinn had some rough games before he got acclimated, but he only had a single -4 game in his entire first season. Hutson has two in like 8 games.

Maybe he figures it out too, maybe he doesn't, but the relentless comparisons from Habs fans is why people laugh when he gets destroyed like this.
I don’t like the comparisons either
But look at the habs backend tonight. Nhl games before this season in brackets

Hutson (2)
Mailloux (1)
Barron (94)
Struble (56)
Matheson
Savard

Pretty inexperienced group. Montreal was a lottery team last year. Rangers top team in the league.

Pretty unfair to draw any conclusions from him playing the role he’s been tossed into at this point in his career but hf gonna hf

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

It was -34 after 129 games. I wasn't exactly way off. Pretty good off the top of my head to be honest.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I've watched almost every shift and all he does is skate around the offensive zone eventually going into the corners with nine times out of ten the puck being turned over.

Who cares how often he has the puck when despite the zone time, the team is absolutely getting crushed in the end.

Watch Quinn Hughes play even in his worst season in the North div, Quinn has never floundered the way this kid does.

You guys refuse to see what's so painfully obvious and that is he's not only not gonna learn in this scenario but he's been regressing as teams shake the rust out and study video of him.

There's no shame in admitting he's overmatched and needs to be sent down to work on his game.
I don't think AHL is the answer. He's too smart, too skilled. I think he develops better in the NHL. Habs can live with his defensive mishaps this year. We're garbage anyways

What doesn't help him is his usage. Averaging over 23min/game right out the gate is too much

• Haha
Reactions: RCGP2

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
oh now it's too early to draw any conclusions, I am confused as I thought his first few games had most fans calling him the next Makar/Hughes
I didn't see anyone calling him the next Makar/Hughes.

I have seen many people drawing comparisons in regards to his skill and IQ. Big difference

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad