Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign F Adrian Kempe to extension (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
LA has a ton more to sign still - Vilardi, Grundstorm, Lemieux, and Durzi also.

All should be pretty cheap though.

Fair, tbh I think Grundstrom and Lemieux will both be dirt cheap and I feel like the other two are not unlikely to end up in a package deal - Vilardi reclamation project and sell high on Durzi with Clarke and others on the way

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Fair, tbh I think Grundstrom and Lemieux will both be dirt cheap and I feel like the other two are not unlikely to end up in a package deal - Vilardi reclamation project and sell high on Durzi with Clarke and others on the way
Agreed 100%, as much as it would suck to lose Vilardi as I've developed a soft spot for him since he fought his way back from the back issues.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
I think he’s a 25 goal, 50 point player through the next 4 years on average, which makes him a legitimate top 6 winger. $5.5M is a great number given that fact, and LA is only going to infuse more skill into it’s lineup as kids mature which will only help Kempe. He also led the team in pretty much every puck carrying and zone entry/exit metric which is invaluable to TMac’s offense.
League's best drop pass reciever

Ronk

Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
He's gonna be playing on a line with Fiala.

Look at dudes previous most consistent line partners

Lizzote/Wagner
Grundstrom/TT
Pearson/TT
Marion Gaborik's Ghost/Trevor Lewis

I'd say this is his best partner ever. (No disrespect to Kopi, he ain't what he was) Barring injury, I think LA should be pretty excited. Now watch him get paired with Iafallo....

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He's gonna be playing on a line with Fiala.

Look at dudes previous most consistent line partners

Lizzote/Wagner
Grundstrom/TT
Pearson/TT
Marion Gaborik's Ghost/Trevor Lewis

I'd say this is his best partner ever. (No disrespect to Kopi, he ain't what he was) Barring injury, I think LA should be pretty excited. Now watch him get paired with Iafallo....
He looked really good centering pearson and toffoli when carter got injured. Everyone thought he was breaking out. Then he got dropped back down to the bottom lines again when carter came back and he didnt produce as much.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was worried for much of season that he was going to get paid and then never score at that level again, but the AAV seems fair for even a 25-goal scorer and I like that it's only 4 years, not 7-8. I can't complain.

Reactions: Guitpik

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Why would you think a player you have said is better than Boeser, plays the more important position, would sign for less? Hmm something aint adding up here

To answer your question why he wouldnt even get 6 if Boeser is getting 6.65M is easy and obvious. Like i said earlier Boeser is simply a much better player. Boeser has never scored under 40 points and only under 20 goals once. Boeser avgs 65 points a season (82 games). Kempe has only ever scored over 20 goals once, and has only surpassed 40 points once. He avgs 39 points per season (82 games).

It would be insane for a GM to pay a 25 year old with a track record of being a 15ish goal 35ptish player 6M+ just because he came off 1 year where he almost doubled his normal numbers. Even if you project he could be closer to this huge uptick, you dont go into negotiations betting on it. You talk down and use the players past to get the number down.
Boeser averages 65 points (0.79ppg) but hes never broke 56. Lots of “ifs” and “buts” with BB. If he can’t stay healthy enough to play a full 82 games a year, who cares what he averages over 82. Excluding his first 9 game stint he’s averaged 63 games a year. Obviously covid played a role, but bc 63 game avg, at 0.79ppg is 50 points per year… lets look at boths sides of the picture.

Boeser a completely different player then Kempe. Hopefully Kempe can continue to match similar offensive outputs that he just put up.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
so you're one of those what have you done lately guys eh? Boy would guys like Kadri/Terry/Miller get hugely bloated contracts if you were a GM

I'd wager Boeser continues outproducing Kempe. I'll take the guy that over his career has scored at over 20 points more per season AND is coming off of an off year vs the guy coming off a career year and still only managed 8 more points in 7 extra games played
That you keep so whiney about that one particular comment speak volumes. You keep derailing the topic with your fanboy. Nobody cares that you think he is better and “deserves” more.

Nice deal btw. Kempe has the wheels and the shot to be a perennial 30 goal scorer. Neither a team friendly deal or overpaid.

Last edited:

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I don't get you guys.

Finally one of our former youngster came up with a 30+ goal season despite a offensive incompetent team,
signing a deal under 6 mill AV and you guy still find something to complain

Kempe scored more goals than Fiala while playing with a senior citizen ffs

Don’t think the Kings fans are the ones complaining….

Reactions: Kurrilino

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
That you keep so whiney about that one particular comment speak volumes. You keep derailing the topic with your fanboy. Nobody cares that you think he is better and “deserves” more.

Nice deal btw. Kempe has the wheels and the shot to be a perennial 30 goal scorer. Neither a team friendly deal or overpaid.
Generally when you want to counter one’s opinions and statements it helps your side of the argument if you provide details and factual proof countering the points the other has stated. Without doing so your side of the argument wouldn’t hold any water as you haven’t done anything to dispute it. The poster had only made 2 points. 1. He thinks kempe is worth at least 6M 2. He used boeser as a comparable as to why.

I used both those points the entire time as those are the only 2 points that poster made.

It speaks volumes that you don’t understand the basic premise of how to properly support your counter argument.

It is a good deal though. It’s not an over pay but it’s also not less than market value, I agree with that. 6M + would have been a huge overpayment. Which has been my main point that you clearly have missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad