Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign F Adrian Kempe to extension (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
A 25 year old 35 goal score isn’t worth 6? Come on now
He more than doubled his goal scoring this season; if you want to pay him solely based on that sure. Sounds iditoic to me but if the Kings pay that I wouldn't be mad about it.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Boeser looks to be threading down and hoping for a rebound and just signed for 3x6.65

Kempe with a smaller track record but a much better year then Boeser has ever shown and you get the extra year too. How is that not worth 6?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Boeser looks to be threading down and hoping for a rebound and just signed for 3x6.65

Kempe with a smaller track record but a much better year then Boeser has ever shown and you get the extra year too. How is that not worth 6?
LOL did you really just compare kempe offensively to boeser?

One has only scored under 20 goals once in his career the other has only scored more than 20 once in his career. One has never scored under 40 points in his career the other has only surpassed 40 points once in his career.

Hint both players that have only done it once in his career is the same guy with the initials AK

That doesn’t even mention boeser has 70 more points in 70 less career games avg 65 points per 82 games vs kempe’s 39 points per 82 games

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

One has only scored under 20 goals once in his career the other has only scored more than 20 once in his career. One has only scored under 40 points once in his career the other has only surpassed 40 points once in his career.

Hint both players that have only done it once in his career is the same guy with the initials AK

That doesn’t even mention boeser has 70 more points in 70 less career games.
Trajectory is important. Smart contracts are about paying as much as you can for what a player will do not what they have done. Of course past statistics and past contracts will enter into the equation. And yes, you can certainly eye a “one-off” year that maybe has a heavy shooting percentage or is accompanied by a lack of defensive play with a suspicious eye.

But Kempe really showed out last year and has had the skills to do so all along. He took advantage of an opportunity and ran with it. If the Kings think that’s worth big bucks, who am to say they are wrong and that this was an outlier year and not, as they may think, a sign of things to come?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

One has only scored under 20 goals once in his career the other has only scored more than 20 once in his career. One has never scored under 40 points in his career the other has only surpassed 40 points once in his career.

That doesn’t even mention boeser has 70 more points in 70 less career games avg 65 points per 82 games vs kempe’s 39 points per 82 games

What part of better track record coming off a worse season did you fail to understand? I think moving forward Kempe will be a better offensive player than Boeser. Time will tell.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Trajectory is important. Smart contracts are about paying as much as you can for what a player will do not what they have done. Of course past statistics and past contracts will enter into the equation. And yes, you can certainly eye a “one-off” year that maybe has a heavy shooting percentage or is accompanied by a lack of defensive play with a suspicious eye.

But Kempe really showed out last year and has had the skills to do so all along. He took advantage of an opportunity and ran with it. If the Kings think that’s worth big bucks, who am to say they are wrong and that this was an outlier year and not, as they may think, a sign of things to come?
I mean as a fan I’d hope you don’t think the kings see 1 year of over 20 goals and over 40 points and pay him as if he’s going to consistently be a 30 goal 50 point guy especially when they aren’t even getting a long term out of it

Being a Canucks fan, I’d hope the kings do give him a boeser contract so if eventually some of those other younger pieces shake loose due to poor cap management

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
What part of better track record coming off a worse season did you fail to understand? I think moving forward Kempe will be a better offensive player than Boeser. Time will tell.
so you're one of those what have you done lately guys eh? Boy would guys like Kadri/Terry/Miller get hugely bloated contracts if you were a GM

I'd wager Boeser continues outproducing Kempe. I'll take the guy that over his career has scored at over 20 points more per season AND is coming off of an off year vs the guy coming off a career year and still only managed 8 more points in 7 extra games played

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
so you're one of those what have you done lately guys eh? Boy would guys like Kadri/Terry/Miller get hugely bloated contracts if you were a GM

I thought he would get around 6, he got 5.5m. Pretty sure you're in the minority of people thinking he isn't worth it.

LA is better managed than Vancouver is. Jog on with your personal insults and assumptions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad