Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign F Adrian Kempe to extension (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I thought he would get around 6, he got 5.5m. Pretty sure you're in the minority of people thinking he isn't worth it.

LA is better managed than Vancouver is. Jog on with your personal insults and assumptions.
What does Jim Benning's mismangement have to do with your and my opinions on value? I never said LA is poorly managed. I said beng a Canucks fan, it would help them if other teams mismanaged their cap like LA would be if they gave Kempe over 6.

Clearly even Kempe and his agent dont think he's worth 6 since he settled for 5.5M. Yet I'm in the minority LOL. You've been proven wrong that he isnt worth it today. Could he be in the future? Sure if he can continually put up 30 goals and 50+ points. Would I bet on him doing that? Probably not.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Boeser looks to be threading down and hoping for a rebound and just signed for 3x6.65

Kempe with a smaller track record but a much better year then Boeser has ever shown and you get the extra year too. How is that not worth 6?
He has like 5 assists because Kopitar is at the red line when Kempe is making a play on net.

LOL did you really just compare kempe offensively to boeser?

One has only scored under 20 goals once in his career the other has only scored more than 20 once in his career. One has never scored under 40 points in his career the other has only surpassed 40 points once in his career.

Hint both players that have only done it once in his career is the same guy with the initials AK

That doesn’t even mention boeser has 70 more points in 70 less career games avg 65 points per 82 games vs kempe’s 39 points per 82 games
Kempe hit 35 goals this year. Has Boeser ever hit 30?

AK? What does Arthur Kaliyev have to do with anything?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What does Jim Benning's mismangement have to do with your and my opinions on value? I never said LA is poorly managed. I said beng a Canucks fan, it would help them if other teams mismanaged their cap like LA would be if they gave Kempe over 6.

Clearly even Kempe and his agent dont think he's worth 6 since he settled for 5.5M. Yet I'm in the minortiy LOL. You've been proven wrong that he isnt worth it today. Could he be in the future? Sure if he can continually put up 30 goals and 50+ points. Would I bet on him doing that? Probably not.

I thought he might able to squeeze another 500,000 per on a 4 year deal. Oh, how wrong I was.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
A 25 year old 35 goal score isn’t worth 6? Come on now

I thought he might able to squeeze another 500,000 per on a 4 year deal. Oh, how wrong I was.

you didnt think he would only make 6M. Nice try. You expected a minimum of 6. You even compared him to a much better player in Boeser using him as a comp saying hes better than Boeser. So if he's better than Boeser, why would he sign for under 6.65M in your opinion? The answer obviously is you expected close to 6.65M and now are just shifting because you've been proven wrong to marginalize that you were way off base

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
you didnt think he would only make 6M. Nice try. You expected a minimum of 6. You even compared him to a much better player in Boeser using him as a comp saying hes better than Boeser. So if he's better than Boeser, why would he sign for under 6.65M in your opinion? The answer obviously is you expected close to 6.65M and now are just shifting because you've been proven wrong to marginalize that you were way off base

lol to the bolded.

I never said minimum of 6. I responded to someone saying 5-5.5 but not 6. Give it a rest already. Your soo butthurt someone used your boy BB you can't even stop making assumptions.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
He has like 5 assists because Kopitar is at the red line when Kempe is making a play on net.

Kempe hit 35 goals this year. Has Boeser ever hit 30?

AK? What does Arthur Kaliyev have to do with anything?

121 goals in 324 games in his career.

31 goals pace but never hit 30 because of injury/COVID shortened season.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
lol to the bolded.

I never said minimum of 6. I responded to someone saying 5-5.5 but not 6. Give it a rest already. Your soo butthurt someone used your boy BB you can't even stop making assumptions.
you actually responded to someone saying nothing over 6. Continue marginalziing things to suit your narritive LOL. I'm just pointing out facts to prove your lies. You're the one that must be butthurt he's been proven wrong that you have to keep shifting your arguement

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
you actually responded to someone saying nothing over 6. Continue marginalziing things to suit your narritive LOL. I'm just pointing out facts to prove your lies. You're the one that must be butthurt he's been proven wrong that you have to keep shifting your arguement

The fact is I put if Boeser can get 6.65 why couldn't Kempe get 6. I specially wrote 6. I never said he would get more than BB, never put a number higher. I even wrote BB had a better track record. Go read the post again. I'm done with you.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
The fact is I put if Boeser can get 6.65 why couldn't Kempe get 6. I never said he would get more than BB, never put a number higher. I put why couldn't he be worth 6m. Go read the post again. I'm done with you.
Why would you think a player you have said is better than Boeser, plays the more important position, would sign for less? Hmm something aint adding up here

To answer your question why he wouldnt even get 6 if Boeser is getting 6.65M is easy and obvious. Like i said earlier Boeser is simply a much better player. Boeser has never scored under 40 points and only under 20 goals once. Boeser avgs 65 points a season (82 games). Kempe has only ever scored over 20 goals once, and has only surpassed 40 points once. He avgs 39 points per season (82 games).

It would be insane for a GM to pay a 25 year old with a track record of being a 15ish goal 35ptish player 6M+ just because he came off 1 year where he almost doubled his normal numbers. Even if you project he could be closer to this huge uptick, you dont go into negotiations betting on it. You talk down and use the players past to get the number down.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
highly doubt he will ever score that many goals again so good for him cashing in

Reactions: bsu

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Like the contract.

Kempe not only can score some goals, he is a big body, strong skater that plays a defensively sound game, sticks up for team mates and will drop the gloves once in a while.

Kempe has the speed to play with our newest addition Fiala, and will provide some size to that line

Great contract for player and team.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
highly doubt he will ever score that many goals again so good for him cashing in
Dont be so sure of that. Its not impossible. This was the first year he played in the top six with good players. He mostly played bottom six center (which he isnt as good at) with guys like Wagner who isnt in the NHL anymore.

Reactions: Guitpik

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I agree with you but if he did it wouldn't surprise me ever. If I had to make a bet though I'd agree with you.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I think he’s a 25 goal, 50 point player through the next 4 years on average, which makes him a legitimate top 6 winger. $5.5M is a great number given that fact, and LA is only going to infuse more skill into it’s lineup as kids mature which will only help Kempe. He also led the team in pretty much every puck carrying and zone entry/exit metric which is invaluable to TMac’s offense.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Why would you think a player you have said is better than Boeser, plays the more important position, would sign for less? Hmm something aint adding up here

To answer your question why he wouldnt even get 6 if Boeser is getting 6.65M is easy and obvious. Like i said earlier Boeser is simply a much better player. Boeser has never scored under 40 points and only under 20 goals once. Boeser avgs 65 points a season (82 games). Kempe has only ever scored over 20 goals once, and has only surpassed 40 points once. He avgs 39 points per season (82 games).

It would be insane for a GM to pay a 25 year old with a track record of being a 15ish goal 35ptish player 6M+ just because he came off 1 year where he almost doubled his normal numbers. Even if you project he could be closer to this huge uptick, you dont go into negotiations betting on it. You talk down and use the players past to get the number down.
You missed the fact that Boeser also had a high QO so he had more leverage than Kampe.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad