Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] D Joel Edmundson signs with the Kings (4 years, $3.85M AAV)

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
his agent deserves a raise...

dafuq is this signing? this guy is marginally better than Forbort who signed for 1.5m lol.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Contract is terrible for sure but the Kings defintely needed a player like this on the backend.

Toughness and size were one of the King's main weaknesses last year. Regardless of the price paid, they should be a lot more grittier to play against with the additions of Jeannot, Foegle, Edmundson and Burrows

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think that Edmunson is a solid defensive defenseman, and he's a 2nd/3rd pair guy you'd want

But this contract is bad

Too rich, and too much terms to be confortable

ijuka

May 14, 2016
i didnt conveniently do anything

i copy pasted from DB as is

go check it out yourself

point is dude LITERALLY GOT TRADED and you stated LITERALLY UNTRADABLE

now if you can't comprehend that your statement was 100% wrong, go ask a university professor , i don't know what to tell you about how your truth works in real life
Dude. Untradeable at 3.5mil isn't the same thing as untradeable at 875k. The poster said he was untradeable at 3.5mil.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Sorry Kings fans, it legitimately stings to see Blake and Bergevin ruining your team, especially since you had something going there. Probably my 2nd-favourite team outta the West after Vancouver.

It's fun watching Bergevin sign contracts when it's not your team he's f***ing over though. (It's been said many times already, but here's no way this wasn't MB's doing)

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Jokes on all of you Blake is going to use Edmundson to circumvent the cap . Every year before the deadline Edmundson is going to magically catch Mark Stone-itis and the Kings will add 2 above average players to help in the playoffs and Edmundson will be ready game 1 where his game will hurt us less and be more useful during the postseason

Reactions: Guess and theMajor

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Jokes on all of you Blake is going to use Edmundson to circumvent the cap . Every year before the deadline Edmundson is going to magically catch Mark Stone-itis and the Kings will add 2 above average players to help in the playoffs and Edmundson will be ready game 1 where his game will hurt us less and be more useful during the postseason
More like less useless.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I read that two or three other teams wanted him and made offers. I imagine that one of them must've offered something like 3 years at $4M or 4 years at $3.5M and this is what Blake had to go up to in order to win out. It doesn't excuse it in any way, though. It's perhaps proof, though, that GMs make their worst decisions when challenged to outdo one another while holding each other's beers.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
All we can hope for as Kings fans now is that Anschutz realizes at some point that Brisson, Robitaille, Blake and Bergevin are colluding to steal as much of his money as they can and Anschutz puts a hit out on all of them.
I thought he would have done that at the conclusion of this season. But, apparently he was otherwise engaged.

Note I see him as how George Steinbrenner was portrayed on Seinfeld.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad