Proposal: Laine to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bland

Jul 1, 2004
so according to you Brown is a floater and Iafallo is worth more than Laine.

I just am dumfounded

On paper its seems ridiculous, but luckily there are folks out there that appreciate things that aren't numerically laid out for them. But since that isn't everybody...

You realize that Laine only has 14 more points than Iafallo over the past two seasons while being absolutely nowhere near the contributor away from the puck at nearly twice the salary?

This isn't 2018 anymore. Laine is a one trick pony who peaked early and the league caught up to him. He has yet to find the second gear in his career after an amazing start. The Jets sold high on him, the Jackets won't get the same opportunity until he gets his head straight.

Iafallo is rising while Laine has plateaued. One is much, much, much more gifted and the other has had to dig in for everything he has earned.

Would you rather have Kuznetsov or Danault? Subban or Pelech? Depends on what you value, and I value the graft over the flash, especially since the production is similar.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
On paper its seems ridiculous, but luckily there are folks out there that appreciate things that aren't numerically laid out for them. But since that isn't everybody...

You realize that Laine only has 14 more points than Iafallo over the past two seasons while being absolutely nowhere near the contributor away from the puck at nearly twice the salary?

This isn't 2018 anymore. Laine is a one trick pony who peaked early and the league caught up to him. He has yet to find the second gear in his career after an amazing start. The Jets sold high on him, the Jackets won't get the same opportunity until he gets his head straight.

Iafallo is rising while Laine has plateaued. One is much, much, much more gifted and the other has had to dig in for everything he has earned.

Would you rather have Kuznetsov or Danault? Subban or Pelech? Depends on what you value, and I value the graft over the flash, especially since the production is similar.

I don't mind pessimistic takes on Laine, you might end up being right, but it is far too early to be so assured that he won't break out of his malaise.

When he is on his game, there is no "league catching up to him", he doesn't get stopped.

Reactions: YP44 and wabagee

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I want what you have taken. How delusional can you get? A 23yr old with 150g in the NHL cant get a minimum salary I suppose? Jeesus...
Don´t fall for his trolling attempts good sir. I think Laine stole his girlfriend or something ;)

Reactions: Fro

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

You do realize that one of the hardest things to do in the NHL is to score goals right? What is Laine good at? That will be more valued, and should be IMO. It is why I like Kaliyev as high end prospect.

Iafallo's advance stats also look good because Kopitar carries his ass. He is not a bad player but not a true #1 winger. I bolded who I would rather have but those comparisons are not the same thing IMO

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Hell of a lot more to the game than scoring goals. Perhaps that is asking too much to notice.

Well as we all noticed over the last years, the main goal in hockey is to score more goals than the opponent.
The Kings have everything but goal scoring.
I still see an elite goal scorer in Laine and one of very few players i would gamble one of our youngsters on.

Calling Iafallo a better player than Laine is in the realm of pipedream and that comes from a Kings fan.
In reality Iafallo is a 3rd line workhorse while Laine has the potential of being 1st line dynamite

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I could not disagree more, I think trading Turcotte would be a gigantic mistake. He is as untouchable to me as Byfield.

Young scoring wingers are the last missing piece for our rebuild.
Players like Laine are usually not available. In this case we have to give up one of our A-prospects.

The thought process is that we have Byfield,Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Madden already available as 1st and 2nd center choices.
If we could add Laine to Kaliev and Fagemo as our wingers, our offense will be dealy in 3-4 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad