Confirmed with Link: Laine + Roslovic (Extended) to Columbus for Dubois + 3rd (Mod Warning Post #290)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I like it. 1C and 2C set (assuming PLD signs here long term).

IF (big if) Samberg and heinola get integrated this year, and perfetti on the wing in the top 6 as wheeler declines, we have a young and competitive team for years.

No more trading picks at the deadline to fill holes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I love it, great deal for both teams. Laine wanted out, PLD wanted out and both GM’s gave them what they wanted.

Thanks Laine & Jack, wish you guys the best.

PLD welcome to Winnipeg, we’re going to love you here.
Man i hope you are right. I don't care who is a Winnipeg Jet as long as it makes us better.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
This trade..... My tummy hurts.
azBhD9l.gif

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
PLD is an RFA after the deal, so we have him for minimum 3 years.

4 seasons to UFA.

Underreported aspect here is that Laine’s QO next season is $8.25 million. We keep Laine in a flat cap and that means Connor or Ehlers go. Given Laine’s lack of commitment and the other guys having term it’s a no brainer that he is the one moved.

This swap opens up at least $5 million in cap space next season for the Jets.

Glad we got a bonafide top 6 player with control back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sad to lose Laine. I love unique talents and personalities. I wish him all the best.

I wish the Jets could have gotten more for Laine, but he was a bit of a difficult player to value.

I think this might improve the Jets' ability to compete for a cup because it fills a gaping hole in their roster, and PLD is still very young. The Jets are now near the top of the NHL at C. They are scary good down the middle.

The Jets are very strong in goal scoring talent with Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, PLD and Perfetti in the pipeline. Basically, they can throw out two outstanding pairs in Scheifele-Connor and PLD-Ehlers, and supplement with Wheeler and eventually Perfetti. The Jets will miss Laine's PP contribution, but I doubt it will be a big drop-off with a new configuration.

Overall, I think this could work out very well for the Jets.

But I'm still sad to see Laine go.

Interestingly, I had a chat last evening with a couple of Jets fans that are more casual. Neither were all that concerned about losing Laine. They liked his scoring of course, but viewed him as an incomplete player.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This franchise is done.
Good luck getting fans back in the seats after this bonehead move.

They can't keep star players that they develop and Chevy is a goof.
Fire Chevy now.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
We also don't know the extent of Laine's injury, or how it may/may not relate to his previous back problems.

Reactions: FinJetster

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Laine for Dubois is a far swap. But is Roslovic's value just a 3rd in this league?

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad