Value of: Laine, off season trade (mod warning OP)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I would think that Domi would be very available. He's had 2 down years in a row and would probably come to you guys cheap.

I don't think that Jones is available though I'd certainly let him go for the right price.

Domi being available is a plus, we could see if he and Horvat could get some chemistry going.

I don't know that we could afford the plus needed to even out Miller for Jones, so I'll agree to drop it.

Miller for Laine and Domi...what needs the rest of the deal look like? We would need to off load some cap space from our end. Is there another piece or package that could work for Laine?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Domi being available is a plus, we could see if he and Horvat could get some chemistry going.

I don't know that we could afford the plus needed to even out Miller for Jones, so I'll agree to drop it.

Miller for Laine and Domi...what needs the rest of the deal look like? We would need to off load some cap space from our end. Is there another piece or package that could work for Laine?
From a cap perspective would Nate Schmidt be reasonable? I haven't followed him since he left Vegas. How's his play for you guys been?

Reactions: Cogburn

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
As much as Verhaeghe Barkov Laine sounds exciting, I find the notion of having a Barkov, Bennett, Lundell down the middle on three 3 lines more exciting. Add on to the fact that maybe they can keep Wennberg

Verhaeghe Barkov Duclair
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Vatrano Lundell Denisenko
Acciari Wennberg Hornqvist

Only player I'd give up for Laine is Denisenko and thats not enough for Laine.

No deal between the two can be made.

You can't bet on Barkov sticking around!!! Barkov wil be a UFA after next season. Sasha and Patrik are best friends and what better way to sign your captain.

Lundell will be a nr 1C and captain one day in the NHL, not a third line center behind Bennet and Barkov!!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You can't bet on Barkov sticking around!!! Barkov wil be a UFA after next season. Sasha and Patrik are best friends and what better way to sign your captain.

Lundell will be a nr 1C and captain one day in the NHL, not a third line center behind Bennet and Barkov!!
:laugh:

Sorry. But the Barkov is leaving is funny to me.

I have less than 0% worry.

Huberdeau yes, I worry he is gone. Barkov? No sir

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
From a cap perspective would Nate Schmidt be reasonable? I haven't followed him since he left Vegas. How's his play for you guys been?

I'd argue not up to expectations, but he's playing hard top four minutes on a really bad team, so I don't know if that means great or awful. Our defensive system sucks out loud, and he's looked better then some of our guys have, so I don't know if "better than Edler or Myers in a lot of situations" is good or not. I'd be more than willing to move him, but because we are so low on good, contracted D (he and Myers are our only two NHL D signed for next season), a deal of Schmidt and Miller for Domi and Laine feels like we're giving up more value.

One of our Canucks regulars is going to tear me apart shortly for not worshipping Schmidt though, so not all Canucks fans are on the same page about how he's valued.

Reactions: gianni

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Easy, take the 3 first round picks that the offer sheet team would be penalized. A ten million dollar offer sheet will cost more draft capital than a five million dollar offer sheet.
Isn't it two firsts a 2nd and a 3rd?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think that Florida would be a good landing spot for him
However, since Jackets fans seem hellbent on somehow getting a top 6 center for him, I'd say we wait for the experiment to inevitably fail once again in 2021-22, then trade for his signing rights for cheaper

Stay away. Zito wants hard working players especially his top guys. Laine is not that

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Winning will probably get that job done with Barkov.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This thread is about trading Laine, not the Jets or PLD who have nothing to do with Laine or CBJ or Laine’s current value. Stay on topic or you will be removed from the thread with a infraction for your troubles.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Obviously, he is worth more than a second rounder and B prospect, but then Columbus fans are taking it to the other extreme by demanding an established under 25 1C.

These are pointless threads if people aren’t going to adhere to proper valuation of players.
People keep posting as if Columbus has to trade Laine, so they should take whatever is offered no matter what. That's not the case. Columbus needs to acquire a young top line center - like PLD. There is no reason to move him otherwise.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He’s saying he’s going to get traded to edmonton to play with Mcdavid
Makes sense Connor needs more wingers. Here I was thinking after hextall gets a randsome for Rust this off season we would help the poor guy rebuild his image

Celleyna

Jun 4, 2009
Before the draft

Edm
Laine rights

CBJ
Dimitri Samarukov (NHL ready or very close - big tough hard hitting left defence who can score a bit predict middle pairing anchor D)
Raphael Lavoie (Big right shooting center/RW who put up 45 points in 54 games in Sweden and is .5 ppg in 7 games in minors - one more season of seasoning - project 2nd line winger/3rd line centre at least - defensively aware)
Tyson Barrie Rights

Edit - Edmonton top two lines
Draisaitl - McDavid-Yamamoto
Laine - Nugent-Hopkins - Puljujarvi

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Before the draft

Edm
Laine rights

CBJ
Dimitri Samarukov (NHL ready or very close - big tough hard hitting left defence who can score a bit predict middle pairing anchor D)
Raphael Lavoie (Big right shooting center/RW who put up 45 points in 54 games in Sweden and is .5 ppg in 7 games in minors - one more season of seasoning - project 2nd line winger/3rd line centre at least - defensively aware)
Tyson Barrie Rights

Enjoy the thought because half the league will outbid you. You didn't even include any of the high end prospects.

Celleyna

Jun 4, 2009
Enjoy the thought because half the league will outbid you. You didn't even include any of the high end prospects.

Both of those guys ARE high end prospects. AND very close to NHL ready. For a guy that has attitude issues, is one dimensional, and could actually still bust. High risk/high reward for a guy that won't even sign in columbus. You will be lucky to get something better. Just because your GM was dumb enough to trade a potential 1st line center, doesn't mean any other GM is that dumb. AND there is the risk he wouldn't sign with the team he is traded to either.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Both of those guys ARE high end prospects. AND very close to NHL ready. For a guy that has attitude issues, is one dimensional, and could actually still bust. High risk/high reward for a guy that won't even sign in columbus. You will be lucky to get something better. Just because your GM was dumb enough to trade a potential 1st line center, doesn't mean any other GM is that dumb. AND there is the risk he wouldn't sign with the team he is traded to either.

Look above, yours is one of the worst offers in the thread.

Holloway or go away.

Reactions: Fro

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Before the draft

Edm
Laine rights

CBJ
Tyson Barrie Rights

Not even slightly close. Top-6 center or no deal.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Laine wants to be here and Jarmo wants him here.

He's not being traded barring massive overpayment. Which isn't gonna happen.

And Jarmo isn't gonna trade him while his value is low. This whole thread is useless.

Reactions: Fro

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Before the draft

Edm
Laine rights

CBJ
Tyson Barrie Rights

The coilers can afford Laine and RNH?
Laine's QO is 8.1m isn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad