La Liga 24/25 thread

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca should have a self imposed ban on transfers.

Fun game. I just dont see how anyone with half a clue can look at this team and la masia and think they need Olmo. Keep it in house there's more than enough talent to get by for barca right now. Like I said recently la masia is the only reason there is hope for barca.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
People generally underrate Barca and think they're a laughing stock compared to RM or City.
They still pump out generational talent like it's the simplest thing in the world.
Gundogan can lead them, if Pedri and Gavi can stay healthy, there's no reason why they can't go deep in the CL and maybe win the La Liga.
They don't have to beat Madrid in head-to-head to do it, just win "small" games - and they have the roster to absolutely dominate inferior opponents.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
People generally underrate Barca and think they're a laughing stock compared to RM or City.
They still pump out generational talent like it's the simplest thing in the world.
Gundogan can lead them, if Pedri and Gavi can stay healthy, there's no reason why they can't go deep in the CL and maybe win the La Liga.
They don't have to beat Madrid in head-to-head to do it, just win "small" games - and they have the roster to absolutely dominate inferior opponents.
I'll give you Yamal, but what other generational talent do they have currently?

I mean, Barca are never to be taken lightly, that's for sure, but I do not think they are anywhere close to their peak level and certainly should not be considered an equal to City.

Heck, even Madrid is not really an equal to City, we just are good at winning two-legged ties :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Even healthy he isn’t generational in the sense of like Iniesta but he can be the top midfielder if he stays healthy. That’s more on barca and Spain tbh
He sure can be a star player and a difference maker. Generational is a term too losely thrown around, I think. When I think generational, I think Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric. I do not see Pedri at that level.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He sure can be a star player and a difference maker. Generational is a term too losely thrown around, I think. When I think generational, I think Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric. I do not see Pedri at that level.
I don’t disagree but he’s already a star player. People forget just how insane he was pre injury. That euro he was playing like the best midifielder. If not for Lucho getting in the way Spain wins and Pedri wins player of the tournament.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Gavi and Pedri are already very good, with clear potential to be top tier midfielders.
Especially Pedri.
I'm higher on Cubarsi than I am for either of them. Great defensively and Pirlo esque long passes in the build up.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Let’s use the proper thread since one has been started.

Tale of two halves today. Thought Valencia were better in the first half, but they couldn’t take advantage of their chances. We still had our moments in the first half, but we were better in the second half.

Somewhat tough to take too much from this match since we weren’t at full strength (and won’t be for a while really). Clearly missed a real AMC as that is not a position for Raphinha. Pedri came on later, but I could see Olmo locking down that spot as he did with Spain. Overall though, the big thing for me was the number of quality attacking plays we had along with the physical aspect of the game. Finishing, final balls and decision-making were all lacking though. Very curious to see which midfielders can take advantage of those sorts of chances.

That brings me to Casado. Good match from him and once again he outshone Bernal who is arguably the bigger prospect. Too bad Casado couldn’t score a goal. He’ll get minutes this season though.

Lewandowski with the brace. I think he’ll score at least 20 league goals this season.

Lamine with another good match. Raphinha 50/50. Torres very frustrating though he tried to make runs.

Cubarsi might have been sent off (I’d want to see that first yellow again), but some good moments too including that goal-line clearance.

Martin again for me looks good to be Balde’s deputy this season.

Can’t believe Guerra is just sitting there with Valencia and is available for so cheap. Keep thinking how we might have looked with him alongside Casado for us.

Gasiorowski really stood out for Valencia for me. No surprise as I’ve followed him for over two years now, but he’s still very young.

Valencia will struggle again this season. They lack depth and they don’t look like they’ll score enough goals.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Valencia will struggle?
I mean what are your expectations? They are a mid table team and will remain so, clearly a step ahead a few teams.

I just don't see it with Guerra. Didn't think he had a strong game and advanced stats kind of say the same.

I did like Gasiorowski, he was good.

Hugo Duro was their best player for them and will score many goals this season. Rafa Mir on the other hand sucks ass and I doubt will start many games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad