Low Effort GDT LA Kings vs. Ottawa Senators (RDS2, TSN5)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not terrible. A bit passive at times. Issues clearing the zone under pressure. Their eyes get big when there is a chance for offense and everyone flies the zone before full possession still. They limited the Kings at even strength for the most part though.
I get it. So many teams do this tho it would surprise us all lol. When a goalie stops a puck you don’t remember the small mistake.

Reactions: Dionysus

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I thought that was a game where a lot of players were exactly what they need to be. Brady looked like a bull out there, physical and mad as hell. Sanderson was excellent at both ends of the ice, Timmy was shifty and creative, Norris with some snipes. Chabot I thought played a great game too. Outside of goaltending and the PK, a lot to like.

Hopefully some of our players can come out of that game with some consistency, because a lot of guys were doing exactly what we need of them.
It definitely looked like a game where they started to gel as a team.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
The GDT is for real time reactions and having fun, it isn't for mature discussion, not that you would know anything about that though.
chrome_EgFlqsgQxU.png

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
They had plenty of controlled entries and rush chances that game. Some smart dump-ins are good. The defensive zone and goaltending... lots to sort out there.
From what I gathered, after the first intermission they changed to almost 100% zone entries, but the first period was mostly, if not all, failed dump-in attempts.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This one is on the goalies. It was a pathetic display.

But there is something seriously wrong with this Team
Isn’t today evidence that there is something seriously right with this team? Didn’t matter how many bad goals went in they stuck to the plan. Didn’t get emotional. Didn’t get stupid. Kept chipping way. Kept their composure.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Huh do you know Tkachuk is paid same money?
Norris not far from him too , Chabot ?
Let's not descriminate his play by how much his getting paid for that. Anyways look at the top 15 centers that put over ppg you will see most of them if not are by far most paid players on their team/league. So Tim money is fair price for his productions for years to come.
For me, it's a steal. It won't be long before 1C on other teams are making twice as much and we have him at that price for another 6 years right? I think he signed it 2 years ago but I could be wrong. Even if it's 5 more, still a great signing (him and Sandy both). And if Norris can start producing 30+ goals again, his contract will also age well.

NinjaSens

Aug 28, 2008

This is the chabot play that f***ing enraged me.

Agreed. Chabot didn't have to skate so deep. He could have made a simple play such as firing to the net from somewhere between the blueline and the faceoff dot. He would have been in a better position to backcheck. Chabot needs to simplify his game when there's no good play to be made.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
The team played great, they just didn't get the saves.

The team showed great maturity and resilience to stick to the game plan even though they played well despite not getting any saves.
Maybe that vet presence did settle them down and not get in panic mode. I couldn't watch the game but from everything I've read on this thread, it sounds like the boys never gave up and kept chugging along. As someone said earlier, good thing LA's goalie was also bad, but 2 points is 2 points. Hope Linus is back on Thursday, the Devils are on a winning streak.

Reactions: senswon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad