Post-Game Talk: LA "Kings" visit the actual Kings of the NHL | 2/11/19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
On the bright side, the Metro is pretty trash so they just have to suck less than the other 3 and they can get back to the ECF.

They’ll probably be brutally killed there but better than nothing lol.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The discipline continues to be a problem but the officiating is also a joke. They are calling the game tight yet they miss an obvious high stick and trip. I understand why the players may be confused about what will be called but clearly the message about not committing stick infractions isn’t getting through.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This team seems to constantly test what they can get away with penalty-wise. Unbelievable.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Honestly IMO when it comes to defence the majority of it comes down to the players being on the same page and wanting to defend.

You'd think by now they know what it takes to win and they would ALL buy back in again.

Yep couldn't have said it better - mostly identical roster as last year, these guys know how to play together and win together.
I really believe it's an issue of staying motivated and focussed - it really is a long long season

Reactions: BallardEra

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I still believe that BMac looks at this team and how they've been playing and pulls the trigger on one or two deals. Not that they have any immediate holes, but, BMac may find a top-six or top-nine player that he thinks will gel more and possibly a depth defender he fancies? It would be a wake up to a team that looks all too comfortable.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Yep couldn't have said it better - mostly identical roster as last year, these guys know how to play together and win together.
I really believe it's an issue of staying motivated and focussed - it really is a long long season

Totally agree but looking at the standings you'd think they would have realized this after the all star break.

No excuses from here on out.

Reactions: Heath

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Might be time to give Samsonov some time in DC for a game or two. We won't b/c the team would look dumb after the new Copley contract.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Can't believe ref missed that holding call on Ovi during Kuznetsov's attempted celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad