Post-Game Talk: LA "Kings" visit the actual Kings of the NHL | 2/11/19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If you say so. Seems like an AHL goalie to me. Point being they aren't going to bring up a new guy a few days after signing their current back up.

They may or they may not bring up Samsonov for a game or two (I doubt it) but Copley was signed to be exposed. Other teams will begin to do the same thing this summer, or just expose their old guys.

"One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22."

Reactions: Silky mitts

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
After Doughty lost his stick, it looked like the other Kings d tried to slide it over to him. I thought that was a DoG penalty, no?

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
They may or they may not bring up Samsonov for a game or two (I doubt it) but Copley was signed to be exposed. Other teams will begin to do the same thing this summer, or just expose their old guys.

"One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22."
Did not know this. Makes more sense now.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019

You are right on it. Teams have already started - Stalock, Delia, and Copley.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Only if you pick it up and give it, I think.

It was gnawing at me, so I found the rule. It's under Broken Stick - Player, but that section covers more than just broken sticks. If I saw it correctly, the King tapped Doughty's stick toward him, so a penalty could've been called unless the league has guidance that clarifies how the rule is applied.

SECTION 3 - EQUIPMENT NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUEOFFICIAL RULES 2017-2018
10.3 Broken Stick – Player -
///
A player who has lost or broken his stick may receive a replacement stick by having one handed to him from his own players’ bench; by having one handed to him by a teammate on the ice; or, by picking up his own unbroken stick or that of a teammate’s from the ice. A player will be penalized if he throws, tosses, slides or shoots a stick to a teammate on the ice, or if he picks up and plays with an opponent’s stick. A player may not participate in the play using a goalkeeper’s stick. A minor penalty shall be imposed for an infraction of this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad