Post-Game Talk: LA "Kings" visit the actual Kings of the NHL | 2/11/19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Washington's team defense has collapsed just so many times this year. It's not a good sign.

The last couple of years, they were so effective at keeping almost all chances to the outside and working as five-man unit in front of the goaltender.

Pair their inconsistent team D with problems on-and-off with their zone entries and we have a legitimate worry. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure it out - I'm a fan of Todd and I hope him and his staff are able to effectively coach them out of their issues. I guess that we will see down the home stretch.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
You could put Rod Langway in his prime on this team right now and their D zone would still be crap because it appears they forget their zone coverage every other shift.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Washington's team defense has collapsed just so many times this year. It's not a good sign.

The last couple of years, they were so effective at keeping almost all chances to the outside and working as five-man unit in front of the goaltender.

Pair their inconsistent team D with problems on-and-off with their zone entries and we have a legitimate worry. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure it out - I'm a fan of Todd and I hope him and his staff are able to effectively coach them out of their issues. I guess that we will see down the home stretch.
Problem is they are almost 60 games in..not a lot of teams fix these kinda problems this late in the season..we will see.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Problem is they are almost 60 games in..not a lot of teams fix these kinda problems this late in the season..we will see.

Honestly IMO when it comes to defence the majority of it comes down to the players being on the same page and wanting to defend.

You'd think by now they know what it takes to win and they would ALL buy back in again.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Crap looks like I might be missing this game. My cable and internet are down.

Damnit, damnit all to hell!!!!

source.gif

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I worry because team defense is certainly coachable and fixable - especially when practically our same roster was dialed in with such cohesive defensive zone play and coverage last season.
Yeah for about 2 months in the spring

I’m just going to go with the thinking that they can turn it on when needed. It was pretty bad for most of last regular season as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad