LA Kings the most disastrously run franchise in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Butsy Erickson

Sponsor
Mar 20, 2013
greater la area GLAA
They have no clear vision or direction, and Bluc has set fire to their pile of assets from the last decade with incompetent move after incompetent move. We're entering a dark period for this team - expect a long stretch of being a bottom feeder.
I fear dark days are ahead for kings fans, however thank god the Kings won twice in my life time. I can always grab a couple of tall cans and go back to youtube videos and rewatch those cups. Winning is hard, it takes balls to make trades and lots of luck.

Reactions: HabsQC

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
146192203_crop_north.jpg

hi-res-84d80b03e563c8fb04ade29c9cb7af3a_crop_north.jpg
10-12 years ago brah, this thread is about the current team. Back then Kopitar and Doughty were still known as Kopidor and Brad Doty.:sarcasm:

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
They cut their losses. The cap space they freed up is valuable. Maybe it's better to ask, "what they hell are the Caps thinking?"
The caps are thinking they did a cap dump for a 2C that’s like 2.5m overpaid when they desperately need a centre. If he can return to his career averages prior to LA, they won massively.

They’re a bubble team with a lot of cap space and almost no depth up the middle. A 25 year old, 6’4, 225 pound 30 goal guy up the middle is a big bonus.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
The caps are thinking they did a cap dump for a 2C that’s like 2.5m overpaid when they desperately need a centre. If he can return to his career averages prior to LA, they won massively.

They’re a bubble team with a lot of cap space and almost no depth up the middle. A 25 year old, 6’4, 225 pound 30 goal guy up the middle is a big bonus.
Too many ifs for too many years. He's clearly a headcase at this point, bouncing from team to team. And he doesn't play that big most of the time.

I get trying to max out what's left in Ovechkin's career, but PLD hasn't really shown he's the guy for that. He's an under performing power forward type of player and not a distributor.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Too many ifs for too many years. He's clearly a headcase at this point, bouncing from team to team. And he doesn't play that big most of the time.

I get trying to max out what's left in Ovechkin's career, but PLD hasn't really shown he's the guy for that. He's an under performing power forward type of player and not a distributor.
The later years don’t matter because the team will be a full rebuilder but then with intimate cap space in a world where the cap has gone up significantly. They don’t have a great prospect batch and they’re outside of their competitive window, trying to stretch it. It’s a low risk thing for them where they overpay by a few million to get a free guy who just this time last year was viewed as a 7m+ player.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
What about the Faber trade?
Fiala puts up points and can be a beast, but I was never a fan. You always stick with a 1D over a winger. Top D is just more important and rare to come by, especially with a stud like Faber. If Clarke pans out then the trade will sting less.

Blake is still cutting his teeth as a GM and it really shows, lots of growing pains and mistakes. It's a shame it has to be done with the Kings. Feel like they shitcanned Lombardi too early...

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Trade for Ullmark and sign a top 4 dman and go all in the next 2 years before Doughty and Kopitar retire.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Put some respect on the disrespect the sabres deserve. 13 years without the playoffs in a league that 50% of the teams make the playoffs is an achievement. If you flipped a coin 13 times, you'd get tails every time once in 8192 tries. You could have just just let EA Be a Manager bots run the team and you would have made the playoffs a few times.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
They just traded PLD for the decomposing corpse of Darcy Kuemper, a goalie way past his prime. Basically, they gave away PLD for (almost) free….
Blake is a genius for being able to give PLD away for (almost) free and not giving up a 1st or worse for another team to take him.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
The Buffalo Sabres thank you for forgetting about them.

Sabres hold the record for all time longest playoff drought in NHL history. Not active record, ALL TIME record! They also have a lead on 2nd place by 3 seasons! It's a record that will likely never be broken in my lifetime. If that isn't the most disastrous, then idk what is.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Immediately dropping the interim tag from Hiller is also a pretty weak move by Blake. This is a Kings team where you should be looking at your best options for the coaching position, not a bloke that was there a while as an Assistant and really didn't show much when it came down to the playoffs where he was completely out classed for coaching.

The NHL loves cronyism more than other leagues, you were a legend? Cool here's a job you didn't earn or keep the job you've been failing at for a couple of years where others would be fired.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Immediately dropping the interim tag from Hiller is also a pretty weak move by Blake. This is a Kings team where you should be looking at your best options for the coaching position, not a bloke that was there a while as an Assistant and really didn't show much when it came down to the playoffs where he was completely out classed for coaching.

The NHL loves cronyism more than other leagues, you were a legend? Cool here's a job you didn't earn or keep the job you've been failing at for a couple of years where others would be fired.
The nepotism runs deep with this front office. I was extremely pissed they didn't try to hire the best coach available. But I guess management sees something in Hiller because he did right the course after TMac refused to make adjustments.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Not even close to the Sabres level of futility...NHL recored 13 seasons of missing the playoffs and counting...And, on top of it our star players leave here only to win Cups and Conn Smythe trophies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad