Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm sure at some point this season our blueline will look like:

Bjornfot - Clarke
Englund - Spence
Moverare - Santini

Injuries will come.

It's like when Maatta was out #1 D for a good amount of time.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Englund-Spence bottom pair unless Doty gets a shot then TM can afford to play Bjornfot-Spence.

Teams have gotten tougher this year in both prospects, AHL and NHL. Can’t not have Englund playing or a Lemieux/McEwen type.

The last two rookie games were dirty as f. Haven’t been hockey like that in years. Loved it.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Englund-Spence bottom pair unless Doty gets a shot then TM can afford to play Bjornfot-Spence.

Teams have gotten tougher this year in both prospects, AHL and NHL. Can’t not have Englund playing or a Lemieux/McEwen type.

The last two rookie games were dirty as f. Haven’t been hockey like that in years. Loved it.
Why not both? But like we discussed earlier, Doty will never be given a contract.

loveland-colorado-usa-5th-nov-2022-eagles-d-andreas-englund-left-squares-off-with-reign-rw-jacob-doty-right-during-the-start-of-the-1st-period-at-the-bec-on-saturday-night-the-eagles-destroy-the-reign-7-3-credit-image-hector-acevedozuma-press-wire-2KDHB5K.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The league has gotten bigger and tougher this summer. Vegas showed a monster D and big 4th line will win you the Cup.

Kings don’t have a physical D, besides Englund I don’t think they have one player back there with one fighting major besides Doughty’s one fight loss to Joe Thornton. And a 4th line of Grundstrom-Lizotte-Lewis isn’t scaring anyone either.

The Kings have been soft since they lost MacDermid and really soft this past year with Lemieux in and out of the line up and then his departure. McEwen did nothing.

Now the Kings have some really expensive assets in PL and Kempe, who mix it up but shouldn’t be fighting. And younger players like Byfield, who was bullied a few times last year.

Not sure if you all know but Doty is probably one of the top 3 toughest players in the AHL the last few years and his teammates love him, he can also play as he played in Europe a few years back and actually scored 16 goals.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Idk kings staff has been pretty dodgy when reporting injuries and timelines.
That’s the thing they report very little. People assumed they messed up when Vilardi was re-injured but I don’t recall anything saying it was actually the same injury. People just assumed, certainly initially because nothing came out at all about it. Sure we had injury problems but the amount of assumption made has been staggering, because we actually know somewhere between little or nothing on 95% of team injuries. FWIW, I do think injuries should be completely transparent in their reporting.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
That’s the thing they report very little. People assumed they messed up when Vilardi was re-injured but I don’t recall anything saying it was actually the same injury. People just assumed, certainly initially because nothing came out at all about it. Sure we had injury problems but the amount of assumption made has been staggering, because we actually know somewhere between little or nothing on 95% of team injuries. FWIW, I do think injuries should be completely transparent in their reporting.
The handling of Fiala’s injury this year was also very suspect.

He visibly was f***ed up when he initially came back, and it obviously set him back.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember when Arvidsson was day-to-day for 6 months and a back surgery

This isn't about 'assumptions,' it's like the development staff and deployment issues. This org says one thing and something completely different happens. They treat the fans like f***ing idiots in every f***ing way.

Almost better off assuming 'day to day' is deathbed and 'out for a while' means 7-10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad