Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This
Screenshot_20230304_122451_Twitter.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Now here’s a franchise altering trade that quite a number of Kings fans hated at the time.

I remember I was skeptical of the trade because of Williams' injury history, but I was more pissed that the Kings had to add a second because the details of the Kings getting Justin Williams was leaked, Kevin Lowe got greedy and demanded the Kings to add a second in the three-team trade.

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010
Now here’s a franchise altering trade that quite a number of Kings fans hated at the time.

I was definitely one of them :laugh:

Just thought we had a gem in O’Sullivan, loved him. Didn’t like trading him for a guy with such red flags about his health conditions. So probably if i was kings GM we would have 0 cups.

Reactions: Choralone

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I think TM and Blake is going to be in for a reality check this playoffs.

The teams that will be battling the Kings added bigger, playoff type players.

If I was RB, I would look at Bertuzzi as a UFA and JT Miller via trade in the off-season.

The Kings don't have anyone in the top 6 who can play physical. Though, the best prospects Byfield, Kupari and Vilardi are big, besides Kupari, they don't play physical.

If the Kings don't dress Lemieux or MacEwan, there is nothing and you know it's bad when they compare Gabrikov to RR...LOL.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
BIg night QB with a goal and assist and biggest hit since knocking Hedman on his azz. Only 2 assists by Kopi. FIala back on the board with a goal. Big games by Gavrikov and Korpisalo.

wrong thread, but correct result tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

If I was RB, I would look at Bertuzzi as a UFA and JT Miller via trade in the off-season.

The Kings don't have anyone in the top 6 who can play physical. Though, the best prospects Byfield, Kupari and Vilardi are big, besides Kupari, they don't play physical.

If the Kings don't dress Lemieux or MacEwan, there is nothing and you know it's bad when they compare Gabrikov to RR...LOL.

What are “playoff type of players”

This is said all the time but it seems to be a myth more than anything else. All the good teams now seem to have three scoring lines and a 4th line with energy and a little toughness.

I do wish the Kings were tougher, I’d love to have a Trent Frederic type in the bottom six but I think the notion you can’t win with a skilled lineup has kind of been largely debunked.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA

This is said all the time but it seems to be a myth more than anything else. All the good teams now seem to have three scoring lines and a 4th line with energy and a little toughness.

I do wish the Kings were tougher, I’d love to have a Trent Frederic type in the bottom six but I think the notion you can’t win with a skilled lineup has kind of been largely debunked.
Exactly. But recently the Kings were icing a 4th line of JAD, Kupari and Kayilev. You think that would fly in the post season. LOL.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Wait before you go off rambling, do you think Vilardi from last season to now is a normal occurrence for players ? Are you seriously telling me that ?

He's been up and down for sure, but they saw enough to keep trying. That's called a prospect. Productive in 19-20, looked better in 20-21, then took a downswing in 21-22. Other than maybe time frame, that's not all that unusual. Unless you're McDavid, you're going to have your ups and downs for whatever particular reason that's specific to each player.

That might mean nothing for Turcotte, or it could mean something for Turcotte. Only time will tell. Maybe they want too long to get rid of him, maybe they don't. Maybe they want long enough to get a good player, maybe no matter how long they wait they get another Hickey. What are we going to do, what can we do, but wait and see?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

"WE nEeD KalIYeV 2 b a Top siCKs ferwErd"

You know what the top 6 is, Vilardi played well, and you know Iafallo won't sit. He's already been demoted from the start of last year. There's nowhere else for Kaliyev to play. Put Vilardi with Lizotte instead. Either way, one of those guys isn't going to play huge minutes. Probably both.

This is a potential roster Blake was fine with all summer, and we know how TM tends to roll.
Looking at recent deployment, and the fact he never does much besides shoot and score and he hasn't been doing that.
Kaliyev may be sent down when Moore returns.
Because he is waiver exempt and QB and Kupari (PK) play much more prominent roles

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Miller is a malcontent.
We do need to add more physical players , but we need to add the right ones.

Blake did fill two of the Kings biggest holes with the Quick trade. This is going to be an interesting ride the rest of the way

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The Kings and Vilardi himself deserve a lot of credit.

He obviously didn’t want to go back to the AHL and learn a new position, but it was a career saving move. If he struggles at center again this year he is non-tendered and ends up a FA, possibly destined for Europe without making any real serious money as a pro. Instead he’s going to score 25-30 goals as a winger and cash in with a significant extension after this season where he will be paid set for life money. And credit to him for improving his skating enough where he can still play to his strengths in the offensive zone, which he wouldn’t be able to do as a C. Vilardi looks like the perfect new-era 3rd line scoring player for a good team, he’s going to avoid tough defensive matchups and not be expected to check other teams top lines, and he is an asset when the ice opens up more on the PP.

It’s tough to compare him and Turcotte though, because with Vilardi it wasn’t a skill issue, it was just getting him to the right position and fixing his skating just enough to enable him to get to that level. With Turcotte it’s just tough to identify what kind of player he is going to be, he really hasn’t shown much offensive game since being drafted by the Kings, so that means maybe a 4th line energy and sandpaper type guy. But the problem is he is still very small and has not been able to stay healthy across various different leagues since he was 17, so it’s tough to imagine him being able to effectively play that role in the NHL over an 82 game season against big and strong players.

But it’s probably better to just hold, and hope that he can play a full season next year for the Reign and maybe get a bit bigger and stronger and compete for a 3rd or 4th line spot in camp 18 months from now. If he can’t win a spot at that point, six seasons since being drafted you just have to admit it’s probably a lost cause. Although I guess it is possible the Kings try and recoup some of the draft capital lost in the Columbus trade and with the Portillo move and get a high 3rd at this years draft from a bad team. If the Kings across those two deals ended up with Portillo and a high 3rd for Turcotte and a low 3rd that is decent value for the Kings.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

I wish they were tougher too, but I doubt anyone takes runs at them. It makes a world of difference when you have a top PP. If they call a borderline rough on a team and you come out and bury a PP goal it changes the dynamic.

Reactions: RocketKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad