Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Thing is, if you are going for it there is no better fit for this team's needs than Lawson Crouse. Right age, can play with any style of player on all four lines. Physical, responsible, nasty, skilled. He is a hidden gem rotting in Arizona.

Yeah, now that they have clearly decided to go for it and have removed a foot from each path, you look at what would make the biggest difference and if you have the perfect option you take it.

I would absolutely trade Brandt Clarke for Lawson Crouse.
You really would trade Clarke for a guy who scores less than Iafallo? I get he brings other things but man....
He could have the intangibles of Mark Messier and there is no way I make that trade. I wouldn't even trade Vilardi for Crouse, he's a better player and he's younger.

If I'm trading Clarke I better be getting something back far better than Lawson Crouse.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Crouse's price starts with Clarke Byfield and 2 1sts

It ends with a pack of gum, Mike Richards' dead cap space, a 7th, and Chipotle.
The shit Arizona fans think they can get for their players is ridiculous. I like Crouse, a lot actually, but he's realistically worth a first and a middle prospect.

He's a banger with some skill who makes more than Viktor Arvidsson, who is on a different planet as far as talent goes. We need some grit but for that price I'd expect 40 points at least once in a while. And he's another who gets hurt more than the average player.

Reactions: tbrown33

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I know this might be coming out of left field - but could the Kings try to reacquire Toffoli on Friday? $4.25 cap hit. I know we’re probably looking for a 3C, but Toff can still score. Not sure about the cap impact.
Blake never goes back, not one re-acquired player
This is how the Kings are lining up currently:

Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Fiala – Danault – Arvidsson
Iafallo – Lizotte – Vilardi
Grundstrom – Kupari – Kaliyev

When Moore comes back, expect Fiala to go back with Lizotte/Vilardi.

That pushes Iafallo down to the 4th line, but a 4th line of Iafallo-Kupari-Kaliyev is pretty soft, so I imagine Kupari is sent to the AHL so the Kings can get Lemieux or Grundstrom in the line-up OR a yet TBD tougher player in there.

Kings really need to move on with AI.
Maybe but rasmus is very valued on the improved PK.
Thing is, if you are going for it there is no better fit for this team's needs than Lawson Crouse. Right age, can play with any style of player on all four lines. Physical, responsible, nasty, skilled. He is a hidden gem rotting in Arizona.

Yeah, now that they have clearly decided to go for it and have removed a foot from each path, you look at what would make the biggest difference and if you have the perfect option you take it.

I would absolutely trade Brandt Clarke for Lawson Crouse.
Unfortunately, Blake vowe3d never to engage in trade talk with Armstrung again

Wow MAcT throwing out the C word.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The shit Arizona fans think they can get for their players is ridiculous. I like Crouse, a lot actually, but he's realistically worth a first and a middle prospect.

He's a banger with some skill who makes more than Viktor Arvidsson, who is on a different planet as far as talent goes. We need some grit but for that price I'd expect 40 points at least once in a while. And he's another who gets hurt more than the average player.
Acquiring a player like Crouse isn’t about the stat sheet.

He is a pure culture guy, who just oozes the attitude of a winner, does all the right things with the puck to win tight games, and will absolutely grind the shit outta a defense over the course of a playoff series.

Literally everything that the current forward corps is lacking.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Acquiring a player like Crouse isn’t about the stat sheet.

He is a pure culture guy, who just oozes the attitude of a winner, does all the right things with the puck to win tight games, and will absolutely grind the shit outta a defense over the course of a playoff series.

Literally everything that the current forward corps is lacking.

Yeah, I like the player for sure.

But would you trade Clarke for him?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Looks like just tire kicking.

Van is apparently targeting a young former first round pick. Their fans think it's them.

Don't think they're going to get any offers that make moving Turcotte worthwhile.

Reactions: Telos

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Flames are burning out. Backlund still has 1 more year on his contract @ 5.3 but brings playoffs and some grit for a 3rd line center. 5.3 is a big number for next year unless we move out a RD for example.

Curious how much Treliving will be selling tomorrow.

Ideally a gritty 3rd line center would be great considering Domi was traded to Dallas tonight and is off the board.

This would kick Lizotte down to the 4th. Too bad Lemieux is crap this season – them two on the 4th last year was electric.

...and yes, Lucic and Lewis are both UFA's next year but we ain't going there.

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Random Kings fact of the night for no reason: The most worn number in Kings history is a tie between #10 and #12 at 32 players a piece wearing each number. Had to look it up because of all the talk they made about Gavrikov being the first to wear 84. #10 might have crossed my mind, but I don't think I would have guessed #12 was that high... The list if you wanna see all 64 names that have worn either 0.o (they currently have Gavrikov typoed with his original number, though part of me wishes he was able to take it): List of all the Los Angeles Kings Sweater Numbers | Hockey-Reference.com

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kovalchuk was not brought in to play a two way game. He was signed to be a scorer for us; something he was his first 20 games for us being a point per game player before John Stevens was canned.
one of saddest parts of that whole debacle was they couldn't get the puck to him, especially on the pp. Doughty and Kopi would pass it back and forth for a minute while Kovi just waited on the dot, ala Ovi/Stamkos, completely ignoring him. Then Drew would remember just as a defender steps into the lane and picks off the pass for a shorty.At least 3 times that happened. :nod:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

Van is apparently targeting a young former first round pick. Their fans think it's them.

Don't think they're going to get any offers that make moving Turcotte worthwhile.

I am sure GM's are kicking tires like you said and are just checking in to see if he could be had for a 3rd round pick or something. As exhausting and disappointing as his progress has been, I'd rather keep him than sell him for beans. It's clear he has the skill, it is just whether or not he can put it together while staying healthy. I'd rather roll the dice on him if we can't package him for a decent upgrade somewhere on the roster.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

Teams are going to dumpster dive when players values are at the absolute lowest.

The time to trade Turcotte for any kind of value has long since passed. They are better off seeing if he can stay healthy and hit his potential. They are unlikely to get anything better than what he projects to be with Vancouver’s 3rd round pick.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

— The trade deadline is Friday at 12:00 pm PT, and I still expect the Kings to pursue – not just kick the tires, pursue – a third or fourth-line forward with size, physicality and the experience of playing NHL playoff games in a well-formed role. It’s something McLellan doesn’t insert himself into willfully. “Rob and his staff, the pro scouts, it’s unreal the amount of work that they’ve done and the amount of time they’ve spent researching, and if there’s something they feel needs to be done, I’m sure they’ll confide in us a little bit. But we have our team, and if it does get better tomorrow, great. If it doesn’t, we have what we need.”

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
So we get a top 4 LHD and put him with our worst RHD? I know its just game 1 with the new guys but dont we want to put them in a role they can succeed in and potentially enjoy playing in LA to get them to resign?
In my opinion Kings got Willie Mitchell now (hopefully resigned).

They still need Rogehr/Greene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad