Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I thought they made two great RHD draft picks in back to back years, an offensive and defensive stud that would have complimented each other great and been foundation pieces for the next dozen years. And now if these rumors are true, both those pieces are gone. And gone for good, but not great franchise type players.
Yea not long ago most of us thought we were looking at a future d-core built around Clarke and Faber. Losing them both is a mistake. And I love Chychrun but they still arent a lock to go deep in the playoffs without goaltending and toughness.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That would be an F in GM 101. You don't trade future stars for guys simply because you need someone there. It needs to be a difference maker and help you contend for the Cup. Especially when YOU (our GM Blake) created this freaking problem in the first place by not properly supplying the organization with LHD (& goalies). Not to mention the fact we already have a guy in Bjornfot (& Mov who can be a decent 3rd LHD on this team).

It's like -- oh i need to sacrifice the future to fix this problem....a problem that I created myself and everyone saw coming a mile away. BTW, we still have the goalie problem and the size/toughness problem. Again, created by our GM as well.
What on earth? The reason why you’d be trading Clarke is because you get a very good player in Chychrun today and if the rumors are true, you’d be get Vejmelka too. The trade makes a lot of sense. You get a great LD and a Goalie while shedding petersen. That’s what the rumors have been going around. I have high hopes for Clarke too but I think to go around pretending that Chychrun doesn’t have Clarke value is pretty illogical. Chychrun is nhl established and Clarke isn’t. That’s a risk itself.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
What on earth? The reason why you’d be trading Clarke is because you get a very good player in Chychrun today and if the rumors are true, you’d be get Vejmelka too. The trade makes a lot of sense. You get a great LD and a Goalie while shedding petersen. That’s what the rumors have been going around. I have high hopes for Clarke too but I think to go around pretending that Chychrun doesn’t have Clarke value is pretty illogical. Chychrun is nhl established and Clarke isn’t. That’s a risk itself.
Don’t be daft.

Clarke for an oft-injured 2nd pair LHD is putrid.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Even Arizona fans are saying they'd be ecstatic to get Clarke. I'm not a fan of this trade, even if it means getting Vejmelka and offloading Petersen. Clarke is as untouchable as it gets for me. I'd wait for the offseason to add the LHD and G.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
and worst case all you're getting is 2.5 years of chychrun who may or may not pan out here

i'm patiently hoping this isn't true but i understand the "trade the maybe for the 'sure thing'" methodology

if clarke pans out elsewhere and chychrun doesn't contribute here or has injury problems, holy cow

A Clarke for Chychrun trade would ensure the management group stays here for another 5 years or so unless the team shits the bed and misses the playoffs. If you like second round playoff exits, 5 more years of Blake and hoping for a playoff miracle (admittedly in the shitty western conference) then that's the move to make all of these wishes come true for you. Also known as the Nashville Predators mode.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don’t be daft.

Clarke for an oft-injured 2nd pair LHD is putrid.
You guys worship at the feet of prospects way too much. There’s a big difference between an established player and one that isn’t. And Chychrun would be our best LD by a mile. Don’t be ridiculous. It seems fun for the lot of you to glurp and slurp all the prospects. But don’t disregard the importance of the devil you know vs the devil you don’t.

I really like Clarke but I like the idea of having a top pairing LD a lot too. And if they can get Vejmelka then the Kings improve significantly in two spots that they have massive holes in.

You gotta give to get. Simple concept.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
You guys worship at the feet of prospects way too much. There’s a big difference between an established player and one that isn’t. And Chychrun would be our best LD by a mile. Don’t be ridiculous. It seems fun for the lot of you to glurp and slurp all the prospects. But don’t disregard the importance of the devil you know vs the devil you don’t.

I really like Clarke but I like the idea of having a top pairing LD a lot too. And if they can get Vejmelka then the Kings improve significantly in two spots that they have massive holes in.

You absolutely do have to give to get, but the kings aren’t a Chychrun & Vegemite away from contending, and it’s damn sure not worth losing a cost controlled asset like Clarke to acquire.

Reactions: Schrute farms

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I sincerely hope this Brown ceremony and 10 year Anniversary haven't somehow deluded this management group - which hasn't even won a series - that they could catch lightning in the bottle and achieve their own glories. They were wrong in 2016 when the core were in their primes and they are wrong now

Sounds conspiratory I know, but these guys have made an awful lot of piss poor decisions, why would expect them to actually err on the right side?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I do believe if we're dumping Petersen anywhere it'd likely be Arizona. Can't imagine too many teams would want to take him on.

With that said if the cost IS going to be high I would not be surprised.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

He sucks defensively, isn't physical, and puts up points. Sounds like Durzi with a bigger cap hit and it costs a ton of assets. It isn't worth any potential upgrade.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

L. Schenn is an established D that has played on the top pair for a trainwreck of a team too!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Isn't Clarke a franchise changing player?
all centered around wishful thinking. I’m sure if the Kings could go back they would have chosen Stutzle. But hope based logic isn’t logic.
You absolutely do have to give to get, but the kings aren’t a Chychrun & Vegemite away from contending, and it’s damn sure not worth losing a cost controlled asset like Clarke to acquire.
They are a Chychrun and Vejmelka away from having no glaring weaknesses. Do you acknowledge that?

He sucks defensively, isn't physical, and puts up points. Sounds like Durzi with a bigger cap hit and it costs a ton of assets. It isn't worth any potential upgrade.
Then you have no idea who Chychrun is. I’m not surprised that the prospect fanatics are acting like we have Paul Coffey just sitting in the OHL for the lulz. We will see what happens.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

No, its not. If they somehow got Crouse involved, it would be more palatable. That's a player that would do more for the Kings right now than even Chychrun.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

When did Chychrun ever get a PPG in the OHL? Doughty hasn't even done that. Clarke? Yep - crushing it.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If Kopitar was a couple of years younger and Doughty was in the Norris hunt, I could see the argument for trading Clarke but they are not. Chychrun doesn’t take us over the top and next year 11 & 8 are a year older. I think there is a better argument for including Spence. Clarke has future Norris finalist potential and Chychrun is a number 3 with fitness concerns. Trade Clarke and in 2 years we are trying to find 2 top pair D-Men.

This won’t be a trade that takes us closer to a cup.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
When did Chychrun ever get a PPG in the OHL? Doughty hasn't even done that. Clarke? Yep - crushing it.
If you think that Clarke is going to be better than doughty then we have nothing else to discuss

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
I'll be ok with trading Clarke if it means we're getting Vej too. You had to assume one of Spence, Clarke, Durzi had to be part of the deal. Spence was always the most likely candidate in my mind but, if upgrading from Spence to Clarke gets Cal off the books along with adding Vejmelka too it's probably worth it. I really wish it was Durzi that we were dangling though.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If you think that Clarke is going to be better than doughty then we have nothing else to discuss
I'm not saying he will, but is it so hard to believe that he could potentially be?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I agree.
This is not the Richards trade but I feel Blake thinks it is. Short term gain to satisfy the vets in making another run before they run out of steam. We haven't even established the young core yet and we send out our best D prospect. In a few years we'll be looking for a #1 RD once Doughty slows down. On top of the huge cap hits they will both carry Drew and Chychrun in a few years. I feel there are better options without giving up Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad