Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Fagemo just hit 9 games, he may be down in Ontario for the rest of the year executing an ELC slide for Blake.

This is how Blake is going to continue to keep salaries down and hold almost all these guys at low salaries.

Unless the team gets in a pinch performance or injury wise, keeping these guys under 9 games up with the Kings.

The boys are coming up off injury and I would call up Lias as the next one, if needed, anyway.
Other guys to hold down for elc slide/lower salaries with 9 games or less with Kings"

Bjornfotte
Spence
Moverare
Grans

An LHD acquisition would help to keep these guys down.
You could even give Allard and Bison a couple games if needed, unless they are on 1 ways.

Also, forwards:

Fagemo
Turcotte
all ELC slide eligible forwards except QB and Kupari.
Even using Lias and Tynan if required.

Last edited:

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Fagemo just hit 9 games, he may be down in Ontario for the rest of the year executing an ELC slide for Blake.

This is how Blake is going to continue to keep salaries down and hold almost all these guys at low salaries.

Unless the team gets in a pinch performance or injury wise, keeping these guys under 9 games up with the Kings.

The boys are coming up off injury and I would call up Lias as the next one anyway.
Other guys to hold down for elc slide/lower salaries with 9 games or less with Kings"

Bjornfotte
Spence
Moverare
Grans

You could even give Allard and Bison a couple games if needed, unless they are on 1 ways.

Also, forwards:

Fagemo
Turcotte
Slides only apply to 18 and 19 year olds, last time I checked.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
Subscription required, obviously, but interesting reading for those with access.

For those without access, some data points from Scott Wheeler:
--Clarke and Byfield at 1 & 2. He seems high on both.
--He likes Spence a lot (#3)
--I was stoked (and surprised) to see Laferriere at 5 and Pinelli at 7, but I don't follow prospects as closely as I should.
--Bjornfot at 11. He seems mildly skeptical of his future compared to his potential. Toby's the only LHD on the list.
--Zero goalies on the list.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Subscription required, obviously, but interesting reading for those with access.

--I was stoked (and surprised) to see Laferriere at 5 and Pinelli at 7, but I don't follow prospects as closely as I should.
--Bjornfot at 11. He seems mildly skeptical of his future compared to his potential. Toby's the only LHD on the list.
Can you please provide full list?
Thank you

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I mean we barely even have goalies in the system. Outside of Quick, Copley, and Petersen, we have Matt Villalta, Jacob Ingham, and David Hrenak, Ingham has been out all year. We own the rights to Juho Markkanen and Lukas Parik too.

The only goalie we have signed in the entire system beyond this season is Petersen.

Crazy.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

The boys are coming up off injury and I would call up Lias as the next one, if needed, anyway.

Bjornfotte
Spence
Moverare
Grans

Also, forwards:

Fagemo
Turcotte
Bjornfots ELC kicked in already, you can’t slide years once it begins, Spence also.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Laferriere really doesn’t surprise me, I’ve followed him a little. I think he becomes a regular at some stage making some vets moveable to clear cap. Pinelli also but I fear he’s a name teams with covet in trades.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Here's our list of defenseman UFAs to comb through at the end of the season (if we don't make a trade before that). Who are your favorites to target? Mine are Soucy, Gavrikov, Maatta..I would like some at the higher end of we are able to shed salary.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Just read the article. Really wish I was wrong back when everyone was fellating Blake about his #1 prospect pool but common sense is still undefeated when going up against the projected lineup in four years comprised of every prospect.

Wheeler tosses Madden aside like he is nothing but this kid was a Top 5 prospect in the Kings top ranked pool a few years ago. Fagemo was in the Top 5 after the WJC...now he is #9 and it isn't because there is a murderers row in front of him.

How is that 2019 first round looking at the moment? Kupari?

Can we finally get in agreement that it was wrong to act like Blake was the best f***ing GM to ever GM because he traded away real NHL players for picks/prospects and lost on purpose for more high picks? If you don't have a Top 5 rated pool immediately following those drafts, that means you just went way off the board on your picks. You could just go with CSB's rankings with all of your picks from 2017 - '19 and add in the prospects obtained in trades and you'll be ranked Top 5. Now, I agreed with this strategy but the adoration for what he "accomplished" once the pool was rated highly was very GWB on an aircraft carrier.

Did he draft the right guys and will they develop them correctly? That's the real test.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Just read the article. Really wish I was wrong back when everyone was fellating Blake about his #1 prospect pool but common sense is still undefeated when going up against the projected lineup in four years comprised of every prospect.

Wheeler tosses Madden aside like he is nothing but this kid was a Top 5 prospect in the Kings top ranked pool a few years ago. Fagemo was in the Top 5 after the WJC...now he is #9 and it isn't because there is a murderers row in front of him.

Can we finally get in agreement that it was wrong to act like Blake was the best f***ing GM to ever GM because he traded away real NHL players for picks/prospects and lost on purpose for more high picks? If you don't have a Top 5 rated pool immediately following those drafts, that means you just went way off the board on your picks. You could just go with CSB's rankings with all of your picks from 2017 - '19 and add in the prospects obtained in trades and you'll be ranked Top 5. Now, I agreed with this strategy but the adoration for what he "accomplished" once the pool was rated highly was very GWB on an aircraft carrier.

Did he draft the right guys and will they develop them correctly? That's the real test.

Dude, Anderson and Kaliyev have already solidified themselves as NHLers and Blake traded away a kid who would have been #2 or 3 on this hacks list.

Not sure what your argument is here.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Bjornfot - That always happens to non-offensive D-men. A-Mart was always low on prospect rankings, right in the same area. He's obviously a fantastic player with major contributions, they just never get the accolades. I think Toby has a similar ceiling where his offense starts coming together to supplement a solid all-around game.

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!

Attachments

• 5C3B1D61-C61B-47B5-A9BB-36A81CEE4AB1.jpeg
    5C3B1D61-C61B-47B5-A9BB-36A81CEE4AB1.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I mean LA was top 5 last year on this list, and I think top 2 prior. Guys graduate, other teams added first round picks.. I think it is a fair ranking

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Dude, Anderson and Kaliyev have already solidified themselves as NHLers and Blake traded away a kid who would have been #2 or 3 on this hacks list.

Not sure what your argument is here.
The argument is that this hack's list is a huge reason why everyone was gushing over Blake. Kaliyev is the only one that Wheeler ever ranked highly.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

This was a really good write up.

I love what he says in the Clark being different and having some quirks not necessarily being a bad thing. I think far to often that scouts, fans etc amplify negatives while not talking enough about extraordinary skills or traits players have. I bet a lot of these decision makers played with a team full of the average guys in NES Ice Hockey when they were kids. When you needed some of the stuff the fat guys and skinny guys brought to the team.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This was a really good write up.

I love what he says in the Clark being different and having some quirks not necessarily being a bad thing. I think far to often that scouts, fans etc amplify negatives while not talking enough about extraordinary skills or traits players have. I bet a lot of these decision makers played with a team full of the average guys in NHL Ice Hockey when they were kids. When you needed some of the stuff the fat guys and skinny guys brought to the team.

100%, Clarke 100% has to build up his frame, but the imagination, balls to actually do it, and his vision, those three things alone almost guarantee success in the NHL today, (assuming you have the tools, and desire to use them etc) I guess more.....sets him apart than your average Matt Roy type D etc.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

Yeah, the pool was a bit overrated but there were other things too.

They traded Faber, who would be #3 on the list and in that upper tier with QB and Clarke. They had four top tier prospects at the end of last season and they traded one away, while another one (Kaliyev) graduated, that is going to damage a teams prospect rankings. It will be interesting to see where Faber is on Minnesota's list, but I am guessing pretty high. He has shown himself to be an elite star, borderline superstar caliber defensive stopper in one of the NHL's best feeder leagues and looked very solid as a very young player competing in the Olympics, which while not best on best was still a very high level of hockey. I think the loss of this player from the system did more damage to the rankings than people realize. I think most of us are happy with the return and what Fiala has brought to the Kings, but the Kings did trade a very high end prospect to get him.

Obviously having a Top 5 pick in what has been a pretty loaded draft end up being a pretty big miss relative to many of those taken after him is a tough pill to swallow. Turcotte will be a quality energy/character 3rd or 4th liner for the Kings but imagine where the Kings rebuild is with almost anyone else taken in the next 10 picks. It was one decision that had a massive negative effect when it comes to prospect rankings. I think the whole Turcotte situation from draft to now was a combination of bad development, bad luck and bad evaluation in that order.

I wish they would go back to how it used to be when these NTDP players were taken after their first year of college, there was certainly an element of bad luck that the Kings ended up with the guy who was clearly the one who benefitted from playing with star talents, it could just have easily have been Boldy, Zegras or Caufield, they were all ranked similar, it's all guessing how it translates to lower level junior hockey. That level of competition is hard to translate to the NHL, where NCAA hockey isn't as hard to translate. If Turcotte is drafted after his first NCAA season he probably goes 15-25 . Although on the flip side the Kings did benefit from this situation in getting Faber in round 2, if Faber were drafted after his freshman year he would have 100% been a first rounder, so I guess that evened it out a bit, but still, it was a Top 5 pick.

And as Wheeler discussed and has been discussed here many times, the decision to pull him from school and let him struggle and get beat up at the AHL level is one that is 100% on the Kings management and one of Blake's worst decisions as GM. Chaz Lucius, much like Turcotte didn't want to play college anymore (Chad was done regardless where as we don't know if Turcotte would have gone back if the Kings didn't offer him a contract), but anyways the Jets obliged, gave him a shot at pro hockey, realized it wasn't good for his development and sent him back to junior hockey before to much damage was done. The Kings could have, and should have done the same, instead of letting him get physically beat up while scoring 3 goals in his first 31 games. It's hard to overcome a completely lost season, especially for a player who was going to need to have all the right development decisions made because he didn't have the God-Given talent to overcome poor ones like guys like QB and Clarke do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad