Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings are toast. Pathetic effort from the entire organization. Fire Luc, Blake, Todd, and the rest of the team. At this point, there are only a few guys I would consider building blocks for the future (and therefore mostly untouchable): Quinton Byfield, Brandt Clarke, Mikey Anderson, and Jordan Spence.

We have two obvious guys that have to go: Kevin Fiala and Pierre-Luc Dubois. I'd take anything for them.

We have two mainstays that deserve to go to contenders and try to win more cups before they retire: Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty. For as long as these guys are here, younger guys won't be put in a position to step up and lead the locker room.

Then there's a whole swath of good players that would help lots of contenders: Phillip Danault, Adrian Kempe, Trevor Moore, Viktor Arvidsson, Blake Lizotte, Matt Roy, Vladislav Gavrikov, and Cam Talbot.

And if anyone wants them for scraps, guys like Carl Grundstrom, Andreas Englund, and David Rittich are available.

It doesn't make sense for LA to give up picks or prospects, so let's avoid those here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.
Agreed.

Reactions: mysterman2

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I get PLD....20 pts. in 45 gp is not great. Fiala, however, is tied for the team lead in scoring, just a tad under P/PG.

I think a lot of teams would take you up on a Fiala trade, especially if you want to just dump him. PLD.... different story. That trade is turning into a disaster.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Barkov and Kopitar on 1st and 3rd line would be insane. Or even pair them on top line but FLA don't have the cap space or assets needed.

What would be the cost on injured Arvidsson though? Is he due back soon?
What's the injury?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Seems like he's a 1-way guy and judging by the comments from Doughty after the Kings got embarrassed by Buffalo, is only worried about his stats, not wins.

It seems this team needs a clean up, but statements like that cant be made during the season. The locker room should be in fire

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Explain me the hate on Fiala. I just dont get it

He is the guy in the park playing pick up basketball who wants the ball at the top of the key and tells you to clear out EVERY time.

He is a loser. Thinks about scoring and takes the dumbest, most unnecessary risks regardless of the situation. You can have a two goal lead and be at the end of the shift and he will try 1 on 3 garbage instead of getting pucks deep. There is no control when he plays, just chaos.

He has amazing edgework and vision, but a ten cent head. Constantly throwing pucks blindly across the ice horizontally above the circles leading to breakaways and two on ones. He also cannot play with playmaking centers, he has to be "the man" on his line. So much natural talent, but he has to play on your 2nd or 3rd line because he doesn't mesh with players who also need the puck.

He is a known diver with a penchant for retaliation stick fouls. Just a careless primadonna. His points are like potato chips, just empty calories. The Kevin Fiala hat trick is a turnover leading to a shorthanded breakaway goal, an offensive zone penalty and a three point night.

He looks great on the stat sheet, but he is a hindrance to winning games.

It seems this team needs a clean up, but statements like that cant be made during the season. The locker room should be in fire
They have tried everything else. Public humiliation is just the next card in the deck.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I’d give a first and Richie for denault
Ehhhhh.. I think the Avs will hold on to Calum Ritchie. We will eventually need some ELCs playing for us that have skill... We need to stop dressing players like Oloffson, Kiviranta and MacDermid's.

Unless it was an offer too good to pass up, Ritchie wont be traded. There are other players/prospects you trade before him

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ehhhhh.. I think the Avs will hold on to Calum Ritchie. We will eventually need some ELCs playing for us that have skill... We need to stop dressing players like Oloffson, Kiviranta and MacDermid's.

Unless it was an offer too good to pass up, Ritchie wont be traded. There are other players/prospects you trade before him
Danault would be precisely that though....

A 2C with an elite defensive game at a cap hit that's perfect for what the Avs can afford.

I dont think the Avs would move Ritchie for a pure rental at this point, but a cost controlled 2C that puts them over the top this year? Yeah, they should be willing to move him in that kind of deal.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Explain me the hate on Fiala. I just dont get it
I'm gonna say it's because he turns over the puck at the worst possible time trying to force something. Also, he has the worst timing from penalties. 40% of the time he is on a powerplay he will get a stick infraction penalty kill the powerplay because he just reaches with his stick instead of moving his legs.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd be willing to line up and pay all the assets if the Kings actually made Kempe or Danault available, from a Vancouver perspective. Either one of them would be an absolutely enormous win, and on great value contracts with multiple years remaining.

But realistically...teams that are venturing down the road the Kings are on, don't just turn around and stage a "firesale" of core pieces like that. They fire coaches, managers, a lot of other things...before they shake up the roster in that big of a way, selling off prime players on great deals with remaining term.

I gonna say it's because he turns over the puck at the worst possible time trying to force something. Also, he has the worst timing from penalties. 40% of the time he is on a powerplay he will get a stick infraction penalty kill the powerplay because he just reaches with his stick instead of moving his legs.

At the end of the day, there's a reason the Wild moved on from Fiala because they didn't want to pay him what it would cost. He's very talented and can be very productive, but he's just not "the guy" you want to build around. And at the salary he commanded...he has to be a major core piece that you build around.

Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad