Sportsnet: Kypreos: Tim Leiweke wants to bring in Brendan Shanahan.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Shanahan was one of my favorite players, well I guess every one enjoyed watching him play. And he made the step from bruising player to NHL suit with ease. I am certain he would handle what ever job TL is offering just as well, he is a winner. But Flames offered him a top job last summer but he turned them down. I dont know if that was because he did not fancy living in Calgary, or him not wanting to be part of a rebuild or that at the time he valued his job with the NHL higher. Anyway, that was a year ago and if TL thinks Shanahan can help change the culture within the Leafs then I trust him, that seem to be one thing he is good at.

All we need then is a new GM even do it have been rumored in the past that being a GM was something Brendan was interested in.

And I think that he have no connections with the Leafs is a big plus. He has been schooled in New Jersey and Detroit and that is good enough for me.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Shanahan was one of my favorite players, well I guess every one enjoyed watching him play. And he made the step from bruising player to NHL suit with ease. I am certain he would handle what ever job TL is offering just as well, he is a winner. But Flames offered him a top job last summer but he turned them down. I dont know if that was because he did not fancy living in Calgary, or him not wanting to be part of a rebuild or that at the time he valued his job with the NHL higher. Anyway, that was a year ago and if TL thinks Shanahan can help change the culture within the Leafs then I trust him, that seem to be one thing he is good at.

All we need then is a new GM even do it have been rumored in the past that being a GM was something Brendan was interested in.

And I think that he have no connections with the Leafs is a big plus. He has been schooled in New Jersey and Detroit and that is good enough for me.

on the radio bob mckenzie said that the reason he didn't want the calgary job was bc of geography

Chungo

Dec 7, 2010
Not opposed to having him come here and potentially be the GM, but I'm scared of guys with no experience. I would rather have a guy like Jim Nill who was an assistant GM.

Look at how JFJ and Gilles panned out.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Shanny has tons of connections around the league and I can definitely see him as a fit.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Not opposed to having him come here and potentially be the GM, but I'm scared of guys with no experience. I would rather have a guy like Jim Nill who was an assistant GM.

It all depends on how strong they are and what kind of orders they get. If they know their job depends on making the playoffs that season they will be shortsighted. If who ever hired them tells them to build a winner they can look to the future a lot more.

I dont expect a complete rebuild here but at least a more honest one then what Burke tried to pull off.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
why on earth should shanahan be brought in? this trending of bringing in former players with next to no management experience is mind-boggling to me....

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So pretty much Tim Leiweke doesn't want to be the one to fire Nonis after giving him the long extension. BUT if he brings in someone (Shanahan) to run the Hockey Operations so he can focus on TFC and Raptors... and that person (Shanahan) decides to fire Nonis, then its all good

makes sense to me.
and he brings in the one guy whose lived one of the model franchises of the NHL?

works for me.

everything is happening! (or at least about to)

HhV8hxt.gif

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
There obviously needs to be change after how uninspired and inconsistent this team looked down the stretch so do what you have to do... the only players I would not want to move are the first line, Bernier, the two young d-men, and probably Gunnarsson and Phaneuf... and I guess throw Clarkson in there because he is unmovable at this point. I trust in Leiweke so hopefully it goes well

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Gillis... i think forgot at times he was a GM - and not an agent. so he totally and utterly overvauled and then settled (badly).

JFJ did the best he could, with the little he was allowed to do. (I honestly believe had he been able to actually do what he wanted - he wouldn't have been that bad).

Everyone has to start somewhere as well as there are a lot of rookies right now in the league who are doing a rather good job. so. i is good.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Thank you Tim. Atleast this guy is trying to do something as opposed to lieng in our faces and saying we'll be better next year.

Fire everyone Tim, do it. Hire your own guys and let's blow this joint.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
One has to think, that even if Shanny declines, someone will be brought in this summer.

The cat is out of the bag and Nonis has now been (publicly) told he no longer has the confidence of MLSE to run the show.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
One has to think, that even if Shanny declines, someone will be brought in this summer.

The cat is out of the bag and Nonis has now been (publicly) told he no longer has the confidence of MLSE to run the show.

:nod:

which means Nonis could flat out quit.
[works for me. I trust him on the trading front - thank you for Bernier - but I don't trust him with UFA dollars]

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
:nod:

which means Nonis could flat out quit.
[works for me. I trust him on the trading front - thank you for Bernier - but I don't trust him with UFA dollars]
nonis couldnt shed the brian burke plan .......plain and simple ,he doesnt have to leave ,but he needs a fresh set of eyes ,shanahan or hextall ,looks lke hes gone

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Not sure how excited I am about this. The Raps brought in a guy with previous accolades around the league who was successful yet young and brought a fresh perspective. Shanny is young but he's got no experience creating a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad