Value of: Kylington's next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
At what point was Kylington (who was drafted with the last pick of the 2nd round) projected to go top 5 in arguably the most stacked draft of all time?
He was actually ranked #3 in early season rankings. Ended rankings as a low 1st projection. Ended up being a low second round pick.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Flames would be wise to give this guy the Andersson/Hanifin type deal and have three under 30 top 4 D signed long term.

Foresight or a plan is something this GM has lacked for some years now.
Agreed. Just like a NHL talent evaluator would have signed Mangiapane to a LT deal at 4M instead of bridging and now needing 6.5 to 7.5 per to sign him.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
LMAO what? I've never said Gaudreau wasn't a key to Calgary's offense, nor Bennett was a bad player. Monahan is still a fine player, he is still not a 3rd/4th line winger that both OKG and Whiskey are determined on saying. Kylington was never good before this season, I have proven that in above posts. I am not the only one that thinks all 3 of you have been known for very bad takes in fact I remember yo getting ridiculed by a collection of Rangers fans this summer for your horrible takes.
1. You wanted to trade him this offseason. (Gaudreau)
2. You wanted Bennett traded.
3. I like Monahan the human and he is a damn good soldier. But to suggest he isn't a bottom six level player right now is ridiculous.
4. Rags fans were saying a Buchnevich was a 70 point power forward. I corrected them. They were saying he was worth more than the top 10 Vancouver pick. I was right, they were wrong. The fact that you identify with the dimmest fanbase in the NHL speaks volumes.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He was actually ranked #3 in early season rankings. Ended rankings as a low 1st projection. Ended up being a low second round pick.
That seems really surprising. Who ranked him 3rd?

I knew leading up the draft McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin we’re all super highly rated from a very young age.

Ledge And Dairy

2019 Playoffs
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm hapless
Gaudreau-Monahan-Bennett on the ice for a pair of goals for, Bennett a point on both

2018 - Bennett looked great centering Gaudreau, but a bit unlucky not to hit the stat sheet in small sample size

2017 - Gaudreau-Bennett-Chiasson our best line yet separated for no reason other than Gulutzan's idiocy. Though a better winger than Chiasson would have been a nobrainer.

2016 - Gaudreau-Bennett-Jooris/Frolik dominate every game then separated for no real rhyme or reason

But tell me more about how Bennett was ever Abysmal on a line with Gaudreau.

The only person who was abysmal was 2021 Monahan, but the common narrative was to blame Bennett because no one wanted to admit the truth about Monahan's play, until after the season when they discover Monahan was injured all year and suddenly they admit it and handwaive it, while Bennett is a 1C elsewhere now.

Fact.
Actually Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal was technically our best Gaudreau line in the 18/19 playoffs, small sample size but Fact.
EmeebZ6.png

17/18 - Bennett centering Gaudreau was slightly better than the standard 1st line that year but Bennett on the wing that year was actually better than both, and Frolik with Johhny and Monny was the best combo. Again small sample sizes and I did state earlier that 17/18 was the only good year for those 2 together. Fact.
9TGYJFO.png

16/17 - Gaudreau, Monahan, Frolik was by far his best line combo that year with Gaudreau, Monahan, Brower/Chiasson being the 2nd and 3rd most effective combo. Bennett centering had a high xGF but a really bad corsi. The 2 combos with Gaudreau + Monahan + Chiasson/Ferland were both way more consistent. Fact.
NvgE0Db.png

15/16 - That line was good but that's a very small sample size and a long time ago. The Gaudreau + Monahan lines that year was also very effective that year. Everyone knows Bennett had a good rookie year.

It was very highly speculated around the half way point of the 20/21 season that Monahan was playing injured. There were a bunch of articles on it. Nobody is saying Monahan played well last year, he was bad. But being injured to the point of needing a major surgery is a pretty good excuse. Bennett is not a 1C... In what world is he the 1st line center over Alexander Barkov? Hell Barkov is out right now and Reinhart is playing 1C.

Ledge And Dairy

1. You wanted to trade him this offseason. (Gaudreau)
2. You wanted Bennett traded.
3. I like Monahan the human and he is a damn good soldier. But to suggest he isn't a bottom six level player right now is ridiculous.
4. Rags fans were saying a Buchnevich was a 70 point power forward. I corrected them. They were saying he was worth more than the top 10 Vancouver pick. I was right, they were wrong. The fact that you identify with the dimmest fanbase in the NHL speaks volumes.
1. Quote me on that, I have never wanted Johnny hockey traded.
2. Again quote me on that, never said that.
3. How is he a bottom 6 level player? Because he is still not fully recovered from his surgery? He barely got cleared to play before the season started. Zibanejad wasn't healthy 100% to start last season but still played since game 1, and it showed. Monahan is not playing great but he is not a bottom 6 level player either.
4. It was a lot more than just Rags fans in 1 thread about Buchnevich. There were also the many Eichel threads too where countless people .

I don't associate with Rangers fans, I find their fans quite obnoxious and often quite off base. That doesn't make your hot takes on base though, I have defended your views in the past before too but not all of them.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
That seems really surprising. Who ranked him 3rd?

I knew leading up the draft McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin we’re all super highly rated from a very young age.

It's been so long, but I do know that pre-draft he was seen as a top 5 draft pick, this was before any games were played of the 14/15 season though so it was super preliminary. It was because he was playing in the Swedish men's league at 16 and was playing well in it. His draft stock fell during the season and plummeted on draft day.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
3. How is he a bottom 6 level player? Because he is still not fully recovered from his surgery? He barely got cleared to play before the season started. Zibanejad wasn't healthy 100% to start last season but still played since game 1, and it showed. Monahan is not playing great but he is not a bottom 6 level player either.
4. It was a lot more than just Rags fans in 1 thread about Buchnevich. There were also the many Eichel threads too where countless people .

I don't associate with Rangers fans, I find their fans quite obnoxious and often quite off base. That doesn't make your hot takes on base though, I have defended your views in the past before too but not all of them.
It's not that you're a complete moron or anything. You just start down a path that's a bit off sometimes and then dig in more and more until you come up with ridiculous opinions.

Ie. Monahan is not a bottom 6 level player when he is on pace for 9 ES points this season.

Ie. Valimaki has a higher ceiling than Kylington.

I can get on board with playing the waiting game with both players to see if things turn around, but you take that basic idea and turn it into something silly when pressed on it.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

Zibanejad is so much better than Monahan they are barely comparable.

I know everyone has a bad take here and there but I genuinely do not get how you are still dying on the Monahan hill. I clearly remember you wanted to move Bennett and keep Monahan for expansion reasons, and belittled me for suggesting we move Monahan for a 10th overall pick+Andrew Copp in 2020. Sure keep blaming the injury all you want, Monahan is a 3rd liner at this point any way you cut it. Darryl agrees. He's a 40-45 point 3C at 5v5 but can be the slot guy on PP1, which does have value but doesn't make him a top-6 level player. His production at 5v5 is abysmal and he isn't good enough defensively to make up for it.

Just imagine if Brad had foresight and sold high on Monahan. Now it's a moot point because his value is so much lower than that.

I think you just are too hung up on 'this player scored 30 goals so he is a 30 goal scorer' whereas for guys like Kylington and Bennett the potential was there and some people saw it but that requires foresight and realizing that past success does not = future success.

Imagine if we sold Monahan for a 2019 1st+replacement 3C/RW, we would be a better team with more cap space AND perhaps an Anton Lundell or Seth Jarvis? Or a Peyton Krebs that can be used to acquire an elite 1C? Just such a missed opportunity

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Maybe some will think I'm naive but I trust Treliving to work out an acceptable deal to both sides. He's always been a very good negotiator when it comes to negotiating current players contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad