Kyle Connor vs Jesper Bratt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Connor or Bratt?

• Kyle Connor

• Jesper Bratt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've been seeing a lot of chatter on the boards that Bratt is the superior player. I don't catch a ton of NJ Devils games and this caught me off-guard, as I've seen most of Kyle Connor's career thus far and to me he's one of the top players in the entire league.

Is Bratt actually widely considered the superior player among fans or is it Kyle Connor?

Kyle Connor Career Stats:
1658711354124.png

Jesper Bratt Career Stats:
1658711384253.png

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Voted Connor, but if Bratt can replicate the fantastic season he had last year it could change. Connor is better at creating offence IMO, but Bratt is a better overall play driver.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
2019-22

5v5TOI/GPG/60P/60G/60P/60G/60P/60
Connor15:201.232.221.091.660.841.60
Bratt12.331.002.441.092.650.982.38
When trailing
When trailing by 1

Bratt has a serious disadvantage in ice time and Connor has awful defensive impacts. Additionally, Connor struggles when it actually matters quite frankly and Bratt elevates his game.

It’s not shooting luck, Connor is much better on the rush (because of his lethal wrist shot) but those chances fade when the game tightens up. And it’s also harder to cheat in these tight game situations.

Pacioretty is similar player who has the same struggles and for the same reasons both players struggle in the playoffs.

All in all, Bratt is much better.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Watched most of the Devils games the past two years and just want to apologize that this poll is even close.

The statistical gymnastics used by Devils' fans to paint a one-dimensional winger as a top player in the league is embarrassing.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Only been on HF for a few months and I feel like Devils fans are the most delusional here. And thats not just because of this poll. You would think that team won the cup with how highly they are talked up
Sweeping generalisations are always a way to make yourself look very smart.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Clam Jensen

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Anybody who thinks Connor is one dimensional obviously didn’t watch him last season. He was one of, if not the best PK’er on the Jets

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of chatter on the boards that Bratt is the superior player. I don't catch a ton of NJ Devils games and this caught me off-guard, as I've seen most of Kyle Connor's career thus far and to me he's one of the top players in the entire league.

Is Bratt actually widely considered the superior player among fans or is it Kyle Connor?

Kyle Connor Career Stats:
View attachment 572292

Jesper Bratt Career Stats:
View attachment 572293
The only person on earth that actually thinks Bratt is better is his immediate family. Or some insane Devils fans that don't watch other teams. I like Bratt he is unreal but that's insane that he has 9 votes here.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The only person on earth that actually thinks Bratt is better is his immediate family. Or some insane Devils fans that don't watch other teams. I like Bratt he is unreal but that's insane that he has 9 votes here.
If a Jets fan wants to be dramatic and make a poll based off of one trade proposal where only two Devils fans said Bratt was better then Connor then I think its fair that Devils fans mock it.

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Both great players but in my honest opinion Bratt is closer to Ehlers than he is to Connor.

Connor > Bratt > Ehlers

That being said I would not be surprised in the least if Bratt scores 90 points this year.

Bratt is way too dynamic along with either of the Devil’s stud centres to not replicate his success last year. Just a phenomenal 5 on 5 player.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Voted Connor, but if Bratt can replicate the fantastic season he had last year it could change. Connor is better at creating offence IMO, but Bratt is a better overall play driver.
This is me. Bratt puts up a couple more seasons like last year, this is a real question. But assuming he's going to sustain that is a big ask as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If a Jets fan wants to be dramatic and make a poll based off of one trade proposal where only two Devils fans said Bratt was better then Connor then I think its fair that Devils fans mock it.
If it was isolated to one time sure. But unfortunately the Connor situation isn't the only time this type of thing happens with the Devils fanbase. Again Bratt is unreal but come on.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Watched most of the Devils games the past two years and just want to apologize that this poll is even close.

The statistical gymnastics used by Devils' fans to paint a one-dimensional winger as a top player in the league is embarrassing.
Pretty sure that’s a Vegas fan with the statistical analysis in the post above yours.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Only been on HF for a few months and I feel like Devils fans are the most delusional here. And thats not just because of this poll. You would think that team won the cup with how highly they are talked up

Oh come on, please give examples. Everyone overrates their team's players, you just read a couple of trade proposals here and came to this conclusion. The trade proposals sub is a mess, there's not a single thread where both fanbases agree. Draft is another one that will cause war between whatever two fanbases, especially #1 vs #2 picks. The Devils have been terrible since their last cup final 10 years ago, and the fanbase has been pretty critical about the team, coaching, management, owners and 90% of the players in the team. Now that there's finally some hope in promising prospects and actually good players like Bratt and Hughes, naturally some are gonna wanna mention them to show that the team is not all trash. Once you spend more time here and find yourself against other fanbases, you'll realize it's all the same.

And to get back on topic, it's hard to argue against almost 50goal scorer 90pts player. I'm not saying Bratt is a better player, but there's more to hockey than just pts. Bratt is statistically one of the best 5v5 players in the league, his advanced stats are off the charts in a terrible bottom5 team and he's a play driver that make his linemates better. If you've never really watched him play and only see the points, it's understandable to think he's nothing special.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

It's wilding for sure. Bratt => Connor per the one thread, Severson = Miller in another... I have no idea if it's because it's summer or what, but just some insane takes from a fanbase I didn't think was like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad