Proposal: Kubalik, Perron, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, F.Forsberg, Domi, Fabbri, Rakell, Namestnikov, Paul to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Neither of those guys was just passed up on in an expansion draft in favour of a nobody that Seattle didn't even keep though. I like Domi, but if he had any real value Seattle would have taken him and flipped him.

When Jarmo is negotiating he can't just say "well I got a good price for Foligno, therefore you should overpay me for Domi". Other GMs will bring up the expansion draft thing though.
Flaws in this argument:
1) The goals of an expansion draft team are markedly different from the goals of a deadline day buyer. An expansion draft is for getting long-term players; the deadline is (if you're a buyer) for short-term reinforcement for the playoffs.
2) At the time, Domi was expected to be damaged goods for a substantial portion of the year. He's expected to have several games in by the deadline, AND is ahead of schedule on his return (he could very well be on the opening night roster). Things have developed since then.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Flaws in this argument:
1) The goals of an expansion draft team are markedly different from the goals of a deadline day buyer. An expansion draft is for getting long-term players; the deadline is (if you're a buyer) for short-term reinforcement for the playoffs.
2) At the time, Domi was expected to be damaged goods for a substantial portion of the year. He's expected to have several games in by the deadline, AND is ahead of schedule on his return (he could very well be on the opening night roster). Things have developed since then.

Your entire first point is irrelevant considering expansion teams not only can make trades, but are expected to. Francis would have felt out the trade market on domi before passing on him to take a player they didn't even try to keep.

The second point still doesn't come anywhere close to justifying a foligno or Savard type return. Still doesn't make him worth more than Taylor hall.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Your entire first point is irrelevant considering expansion teams not only can make trades, but are expected to. Francis would have felt out the trade market on domi before passing on him to take a player they didn't even try to keep.
Ah, but we also know that Francis massively overplayed his hand in this regard. So perhaps there was no valid trade reason to make it happen because he'd gotten himself into a corner.

The second point still doesn't come anywhere close to justifying a foligno or Savard type return. Still doesn't make him worth more than Taylor hall.
Again, Taylor Hall was never a Blue Jacket and therefore was never part of a trade negotiated by Jarmo Kekalainen.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I still think Adrian Kempe would be a good target for the Leafs if the Kings suck come trade deadline.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I still think Adrian Kempe would be a good target for the Leafs if the Kings suck come trade deadline.
Iafallo was the guy I wanted, but now that he is resigned the cost would be high :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad