Proposal: Kubalik, Perron, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, F.Forsberg, Domi, Fabbri, Rakell, Namestnikov, Paul to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I think Gaudreau would do well on Toronto but ya they don't have anything that would interest Calgary.

No idea why we would trade mangiapane though

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
At the deadline with 50% retention, I don't think we would need to include salary back.
If a trade were to happen now then yes Kerfoot would have to be included. I feel that a pkg of Amirov-Robertson+2022 1st+2022 2nd+Kerfoot is more than enough value for any player on the list(as a rental) @50%
Here are the things in that package which interest the Jackets and get their attention:
2022 1st
2022 2nd (maybe)

That covers getting Domi at 50% retention, with a little extra to spare (recall what it cost to get Foligno). What else are we getting in exchange for taking on the term on Kerfoot's contract that we don't want because it's money that should rightfully be going to any or all of Laine or Roslovic or Bemstrom or Boqvist or Foudy or Kukan or any number of other guys we would actually find useful? Decent-looking prospect wingers that look to have some useful upside? That's nice. We've got, like, a metric bloody f***ton of those already at every single level. That's not going to garner interest.

Reactions: Stubu

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Paul would cost a ton. Sens will do everything in their power to sign him. I wont even say what it would need to start with because Leafs fans will hate it and its not worth getting into.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Here are the things in that package which interest the Jackets and get their attention:
2022 1st
2022 2nd (maybe)

That covers getting Domi at 50% retention, with a little extra to spare (recall what it cost to get Foligno). What else are we getting in exchange for taking on the term on Kerfoot's contract that we don't want because it's money that should rightfully be going to any or all of Laine or Roslovic or Bemstrom or Boqvist or Foudy or Kukan or any number of other guys we would actually find useful? Decent-looking prospect wingers that look to have some useful upside? That's nice. We've got, like, a metric bloody f***ton of those already at every single level. That's not going to garner interest.
I don’t see how Domi is worth all that. He’s not that good.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Another “I would like one of your better players but I will give you nothing of value” threads.
All these players are on expiring deals, also a 1st+2nd+Robertson+Amirov is not nothing of value that pkg is probably more than any other team would offer for a rental

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
If Calgary were to trade Gaudreau or Mangiapane, it's for an upgrade. Matthews probably is the only piece that interests me for Gaudreau.

Now IF he isn't re-signing, that obviously makes his price way less, but we need to keep him

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I have helpfully highlighted the parts you missed.
That’s a lot extra to spare. Domi’s value seems more in the 2nd+prospect range than a 1st. Retaining 50% should get you the 1st, and taking on Kerfoot should be worth a 2nd. I don’t see how the Leafs add here.

Ledge And Dairy

Him and Matthews are gonna have a killer Olympics together, Cgy is going to struggle. After the chemistry they develop at the Olympics the seed is planted. With Cgy being out of it it become an obvious trade. Cgy gets a serious haul of Robertson+Amirovg+2nd. Just call me Nostragootch
Even Cgy fans will be in favour since a line of Gaudreau-Matthews-Marner would have more dangle than Ron Jeremy.
What kind of fantasy are you living?

Reactions: Stubu

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I actually think as just a rental Perron is worth more than Gaudreau, probably worth as much or more than any rental we have seen in the last few years

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
No from Ottawa on Nick Paul. Coach loves him, and the team has several bottom 6 players injured so need to add - not remove - NHL bottom 6 veterans.

They would possibly take on Kerfoot as a camp dump though. No retention required.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Personally, this can easily be done for Rakell as the Ducks cap situation can handle the cap dump and 50% retained. The price would just reflect taking on what is essentially 9 mil in cap space over the 2 years and that’s easily a 1st/former 1st round pick added onto the price of Rakell.

Pick 3 of these:
2021 1st
2022 1st
Sandin
Amirov

So probably no deal.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Perron was extended? I thought he was a pending UFA?

Perron will extend and at a sweetheart rate. He has never signed a contract with any other NHL team despite playing for several. We traded him to Edmonton. When his contract was up, he re-signed with us. We exposed him to Vegas' expansion. When his contract was up, he re-signed with us. On the Blues side, not only is he a ppg player last year but he and O'Reilly are really tight and play well together. We really want to re-sign O'Reilly, so we will re-sign his partner too.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At the deadline with 50% retention, I don't think we would need to include salary back.
If a trade were to happen now then yes Kerfoot would have to be included. I feel that a pkg of Amirov-Robertson+2022 1st+2022 2nd+Kerfoot is more than enough value for any player on the list(as a rental) @50%
Regardless of the trade return, why would you even consider this as a Leafs fan? This would literally signal the end of their competitive window. How would you even convince Matthews, Marner or Reilly to re-sign?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad