Proposal: Kubalik, Perron, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, F.Forsberg, Domi, Fabbri, Rakell, Namestnikov, Paul to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
So what would these guys cost?
From the Leafs side it may require 50% retention and Kerfoot going back to cover salary.
The Leafs are trying to go for it so they are not inclined to move any major roster pieces.
all picks and prospects are in play.
In order of highest expected cost to lowest.
Gaudreau
Perron
F.Forsberg
Kubalik
Mangiapane
Domi
Rakell
Fabbri
Namestnikov
N.Paul
You think Rakell will cost you less than Domi? Lol.

You’re very Wrong.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Kubalik is a guaranteed 30 + goal scorer in the top 6 (last season he played mostly in the bottom six for some reason) and a very good point player on the powerplay. His two-way game is also above average. He isn’t a player the Hawks should be interested in entertaining letting go. Strome on the other hand…

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
The strong majority of these players wouldn’t even be available. Even if the contacts are expiring 1 Kubailk and Mani are RFAs and the blues wouldn’t trade Perron. I don’t understand the logic behind why these players would be traded and especially for the spare pieces that the leafs would offer.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That’s a lot extra to spare. Domi’s value seems more in the 2nd+prospect range than a 1st. Retaining 50% should get you the 1st, and taking on Kerfoot should be worth a 2nd. I don’t see how the Leafs add here.
The bolded is probably where we most significantly disagree. Kerfoot here is... it's a bit overly dramatic to claim "negative value", but I'm struggling for a better phrase. He's not an upgrade on anyone we've got at the position already, and he costs so much more than any of them (unnecessarily), and the extra year of term is really inconvenient. It's not crippling per se to take him on, but it's so needless and unnecessary and troublesome that getting back just a late 2nd (woo hoo) seems insufficient. We're just not that desperate for picks anymore.

* * *​
But Taylor Hall only got a 2nd and he's a s significantly better player then Domi. So I guess Domi is actually only worth a 5th?
Counterpoint: Taylor Hall was never a Blue Jacket and therefore was never part of any trade negotiated by Jarmo Kekalainen. Nick Foligno was. David Savard was.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Him and Matthews are gonna have a killer Olympics together, Cgy is going to struggle. After the chemistry they develop at the Olympics the seed is planted. With Cgy being out of it it become an obvious trade. Cgy gets a serious haul of Robertson+Amirovg+2nd. Just call me Nostragootch
Even Cgy fans will be in favour since a line of Gaudreau-Matthews-Marner would have more dangle than Ron Jeremy.
That would the softest line in the history of the NHL. Johnny g doesn't move the needle for leaf land.
The only player that instantly helps them be that much better on that list is forsberg.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
fabbri has become worth alot more than he was traded for . hes a serious o zone / pp weapon thats a very smart passer with an excellent wrister . i dont think yzerman would trade him though unless a good future came back as hes the proper age for detroits window , 25 , and has good chemistrywith this roster having played with bertuzzi n suter

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toronto has THEIR top prospects. And Perron isn’t worth a top prospect.
Perron is older so I’m not sure how he’s valued. But Perron would make TML top six easily. He’d wing a top six spot easily for Toronto. That guy is a good hockey player. He’s a better player than Hyman, a very good player in his own right.

But I recall Perron ~33 years old so the value part of the equation I don’t know.

he’d definitely make Toronto better this season. And since Toronto doesn’t have A top prospect, just a couple from tiers below elite prospects, Toronto doesn’t have some excellent trade chips. Toronto’s trade chip prospects are good, but no one that is great. A
Sandin, Robertson and the like don’t get you a Forsberg straight up. Toronto would need to add.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So what would these guys cost?
From the Leafs side it may require 50% retention and Kerfoot going back to cover salary.
The Leafs are trying to go for it so they are not inclined to move any major roster pieces.
all picks and prospects are in play.
In order of highest expected cost to lowest.
Gaudreau
Perron
F.Forsberg
Kubalik
Mangiapane
Domi
Rakell
Fabbri
Namestnikov
N.Paul

You think rakell costs less than Domi? i'm not sure about that

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
From an outsiders perspective top six forwards shouldn't be a top priority for Dubas right now (ie Gaudreau). I think the Leafs should focus on improving their defense.

Teams that are looking to rebuild should be their preferred trading partners. Maybe a trade deadline deal between Anaheim and Toronto for Lindholm could make sense?

Do Leaf fans agree?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I find it hard to believe the Blues entertain trading Perron unless they are doing him a favor getting him a chance at another cup with a large haul in return. I’d venture to guess that GMDA has every intention of re-signing DP57 and I’d venture to guess that’s on track with Perrons wishes as well

Reactions: 67Blues

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
As a rental at the deadline I am sure we have the picks/prospects to make a trade.
That is a good package. But I’m guessing if Calgary or Nash fans say that’s what they want many leaf fans will say it’s an absolute overpay and how bad Forsberg and Gaudreau actually are. You can’t just list all you’re most valuable assests if they’re not attainable.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Why don’t you post the rest of his stats for his entire career. Plus he’s 33.

What difference does it make what he did 5-7 years ago? Over a point per game last season means more anyhow. At age 33, he had his BEST YEAR.

But go ahead, ignore the numbers that really matter.

Reactions: TK 421

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The bolded is probably where we most significantly disagree. Kerfoot here is... it's a bit overly dramatic to claim "negative value", but I'm struggling for a better phrase. He's not an upgrade on anyone we've got at the position already, and he costs so much more than any of them (unnecessarily), and the extra year of term is really inconvenient. It's not crippling per se to take him on, but it's so needless and unnecessary and troublesome that getting back just a late 2nd (woo hoo) seems insufficient. We're just not that desperate for picks anymore.

* * *​

Counterpoint: Taylor Hall was never a Blue Jacket and therefore was never part of any trade negotiated by Jarmo Kekalainen. Nick Foligno was. David Savard was.

Neither of those guys was just passed up on in an expansion draft in favour of a nobody that Seattle didn't even keep though. I like Domi, but if he had any real value Seattle would have taken him and flipped him.

When Jarmo is negotiating he can't just say "well I got a good price for Foligno, therefore you should overpay me for Domi". Other GMs will bring up the expansion draft thing though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad