Proposal: Kubalik, Perron, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, F.Forsberg, Domi, Fabbri, Rakell, Namestnikov, Paul to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So what would these guys cost?
From the Leafs side it may require 50% retention and Kerfoot going back to cover salary.
The Leafs are trying to go for it so they are not inclined to move any major roster pieces.
all picks and prospects are in play.
In order of highest expected cost to lowest.
Gaudreau
Perron
F.Forsberg
Kubalik
Mangiapane
Domi
Rakell
Fabbri
Namestnikov
N.Paul

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I had a look at some high end LW players on expiring contracts, that can fill in if Ritche and Bunting don't deliver.
Keep in mind this would most likely be at the deadline and if their team is out of the running.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Nothing Toronto would be willing to offer can land them Gaudreau or Mangiapane. No idea why they would want Gaudreau though with Marner already there
As a rental at the deadline I am sure we have the picks/prospects to make a trade.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Half retention and Kerfoot? Even if teams were willing to trade some of the guys on the list you have there, that kills. There is no value Toronto would offer that would make any of these moves a benefit to the selling team. Other teams don't exist as a farm team for the Maple Leafs.

Ledge And Dairy

As a rental at the deadline I am sure we have the picks/prospects to make a trade.
For Mangiapane no, nothing. For Gaudreau, if Calgary somehow finds themselves on the outside looking in in that division and Gaudreau doesnt seem to want to extend (which every source points to he does) then any Leafs offer will get topped by an actual contender or someone willing to resign him. Not that he would waive to Toronto anyways

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Half retention and Kerfoot? Even if teams were willing to trade some of the guys on the list you have there, that kills. There is no value Toronto would offer that would make any of these moves a benefit to the selling team. Other teams don't exist as a farm team for the Maple Leafs.
At the deadline with 50% retention, I don't think we would need to include salary back.
If a trade were to happen now then yes Kerfoot would have to be included. I feel that a pkg of Amirov-Robertson+2022 1st+2022 2nd+Kerfoot is more than enough value for any player on the list(as a rental) @50%

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
For Mangiapane no, nothing. For Gaudreau, if Calgary somehow finds themselves on the outside looking in in that division and Gaudreau doesnt seem to want to extend (which every source points to he does) then any Leafs offer will get topped by an actual contender or someone willing to resign him. Not that he would waive to Toronto anyways
I sense some vitriol, "actual contenders" , "not that he would waive to Toronto". Why are you angry? You should be happy that you don't have to play us 10 or so times this yr.

Reactions: TML1990

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
1st + Sandin for Perron
At this point in time I would make that trade. It hurts but I have faith in Dermott as the 3LD and Lilj as the 3RD.
Perron would add some needed skill to the left side of our top 6

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For 50% retention and a cap dump in the deal, it's probably going to cost something like 1st + Amirov + another prospect for Gaudreau and Forsberg.

Perron isn't available at all. Why would the Blues a playoff/cup hopeful team, have any interest in dealing him away for futures.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
For 50% retention and a cap dump in the deal, it's probably going to cost something like 1st + Amirov + another prospect for Gaudreau and Forsberg.

Perron isn't available at all. Why would the Blues a playoff/cup hopeful team that just extended him, have any interest in dealing him away for futures.
Perron was extended? I thought he was a pending UFA?

Ledge And Dairy

I sense some vitriol, "actual contenders" , "not that he would waive to Toronto". Why are you angry? You should be happy that you don't have to play us 10 or so times this yr.
Im not angry, I just see Toronto as the 4th best team in their division that chokes constantly in the playoffs so they aren't contenders until they can prove to get passed the first round. Gaudreau is from the Philly area, he has no ties to Toronto so probably has little desire to waive there

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
My bad, I thought they extended him back in June when they were talking to him about one but looks like pen to paper never happened.

Either way, why are they trading him when they're pretty likely to be a playoff team?
true, Perron would realistically only be available if the Blues season goes off the rails,

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Im not angry, I just see Toronto as the 4th best team in their division that chokes constantly in the playoffs so they aren't contenders until they can prove to get passed the first round. Gaudreau is from the Philly area, he has no ties to Toronto so probably has little desire to waive there
Him and Matthews are gonna have a killer Olympics together, Cgy is going to struggle. After the chemistry they develop at the Olympics the seed is planted. With Cgy being out of it it become an obvious trade. Cgy gets a serious haul of Robertson+Amirovg+2nd. Just call me Nostragootch
Even Cgy fans will be in favour since a line of Gaudreau-Matthews-Marner would have more dangle than Ron Jeremy.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
My bad, I thought they extended him back in June when they were talking to him about one but looks like pen to paper never happened.

Either way, why are they trading him when they're pretty likely to be a playoff team?

It's not likely, but if Neighbors is really ready for a top-9 role, and Tarasenko no longer wants to be traded, they could be kind of overloaded with wingers, and might be interested in a young D for the bottom pair with potential to usurp Scandella in the top-4. Perron keeps going back to STL, and may intend to retire there, willing to sign a bargain contract to stay. If he wants to max out his last multi-year contract, I could see them trading him to balance out the current team a bit while getting a bit younger. 1st+Sandin would be a good return. Perron only has a 5 team NTC according to capfriendly.
Crazy that a player with ~600 points in 900 games has never had a cap hit over 4mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad