Confirmed Signing with Link: Kris Versteeg signs PTO with EDM

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Are you serious?

Traded for Shaw this summer. Next he signed Shaw for 6 years.

He also got Danault last year.

I said OLD ex-hawks player

We heard the same thing about Ladd, Vermette, Vrbata, and a few others
"Bergevin signs any ex-hawks player"
But it didnt seem like Bergevin was interested in signing them

The only ones he signed are the youngs ones (Danault, Shaw)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Since the Hawks basically dont have another choice and would likely prefer not to push Motte and Schmaltz into a top 6 role with no NHL experience I'd have to imagine they would be interested.

Also question does any one know the record in terms of a player rejoining the same team after being traded/unsigned? Versteeg will have been on the Hawks for 3 seperate stints if he decides to try and sign here and I dont know of any players who have more than 2.
Vrbata is about to start his 3rd stint with the Coyotes

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This guys is a legit NHLer. I don't see how a team could do worse by putting Versteeg in the middle-six. Seriously.

Wonder if there are are off-ice issues that teams would take such a hard pass? The Swiss team thing was apparently insurance related though.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
As per SCB he failed the medical test. No reason has been disclosed, due to the medical confidentiality.

Probably just a nice way to sell it to the SCB fans. :naughty:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
SC Bern claims he failed medical test:
http://www.scb.ch/no_cache/news/top-meldung/newsitem//der-scb-und-kris-versteeg-trennen-sich.html

Now I don't know what to think: is the insurance thing just a voice from Versteeg to avoid spoil new contract talk because of medical conditions? Or is bern just ************ his way out of this debacle?

Wow... I can't imagine Bern not wanting a guy like Versteeg. I was thinking that he was the highest profile foreign player in Switzerland this upcoming season. So my guess is that the medical issue feels like the most credible option.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
was thinking that he was the highest profile foreign player in Switzerland this upcoming season

Yeah, me too. If not the best, at least better than Klasen, Zackrisson, Martensson and Sondell! :naughty: ;)

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, me too. If not the best, at least better than Klasen, Zackrisson, Martensson and Sondell! :naughty: ;)

Ahahah naughty, naughty you! Though true. Now if Klasen wouldn't tend to evaporate when things get more physical, things could be different..

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This guys is a legit NHLer. I don't see how a team could do worse by putting Versteeg in the middle-six. Seriously.

Wonder if there are are off-ice issues that teams would take such a hard pass? The Swiss team thing was apparently insurance related though.

players price themselves out of teams cap hits and plans all the time

on top of that who knows maybe he could really use the money/last pay day

its the same reason why hudler and russell dont have contracts. Especially with the rumored asking prices that russell and hudler wanted earlier in the offseason.

Going to guess that versteeg wanted 3-4 mill with some security and people with with cheaper options

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
players price themselves out of teams cap hits and plans all the time

on top of that who knows maybe he could really use the money/last pay day

its the same reason why hudler and russell dont have contracts. Especially with the rumored asking prices that russell and hudler wanted earlier in the offseason.

Going to guess that versteeg wanted 3-4 mill with some security and people with with cheaper options

Hudler will make 2 million dollars with the Dallas Stars next year.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kris, Nashville has a #1LW spot with your name on it. You don't have to worry about playing defense or hustling or anything. Literally just chill out until RyJo or Neal feed you the puck. It's a perfect fit.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Good replacement if Edmonton decides to move Yakupov .

Yakupov for Eakins , sign Versteeg and that creates a nice line up

Lucic McD Eberle
Pouliot RNH Draisaitl
Maroon Eakins Versteeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad