Player Discussion Krejci Signs 1 year $1 million, plus an additional $2 million in performance-based incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
In terms of risks a desperate and/or spiteful GM is willing to take, I think it's well within the realm of possibilities
These GM!s are almost all friends and when one gets fired he’s hired by another

I don’t see any spite

Washington could claim in East but they are at LTIR so doubtful

Advantage for Bruins

1. Only one East playoff team below them and don’t need him and on LTIR

2. The West teams picking ahead of bruins I don’t see and almost all on LTIR - Canucks etc

3. You can’t claim and trade

Reactions: trenton1

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A couple of things on this. Given the way this played out literally a few months ago, where the team had the chance to step up and make DK stay instead of going home, but didn't. And the fact that over the entire time he's been gone, DK hasn't exactly given a ringing endorsement to return, why do people think that he wants to come back? I mean I get why they'd hope for it and all that, but given the recent history, why do folks honestly think he wants to come back to an organization that obviously didn't value him enough a few short months ago to make it worth his while to stay? Never mind that they don't get paid in the playoffs and that he'd be signing for pennies on the dollar given it would be prorated over the small amount of games left. Why would he do them the favor?

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
For this season anyway....

1647723922425.png

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Would have been nice if he made his way back.

Time to move on and acquire someone else.
Time to move on was last July (not because of Krejci as a player, but because he wasn't on the roster, and we fully had time to do that), but I guess better to be late than never.

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know the ship has sailed for this year, but if Kretchy came back right now it'd push us into legit contender status

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He looked excellent playing against Dahlin OEL Larsson Forsberg etc

Who knows what happens

Someone told me he was back here but not sure just going by that

I certainly go take a run

Maybe Canes sign him to replace UFA Trochek

All just fantasy stuff but he looks like he can play

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He looked excellent playing against Dahlin OEL Larsson Forsberg etc

Who knows what happens

Someone told me he was back here but not sure just going by that

I certainly go take a run

Maybe Canes sign him to replace UFA Trochek

All just fantasy stuff but he looks like he can play

would love DK back. I see next year as a transition year to see where we're at and what our prospects have. Sweeney needs to hold off on signing more role players and roll the dice with steen and blidh mclaughlin (sp) etc, and see what Lorhei and Lysell can do. Let the team compete, stay healthy, but use vets like bergeron marchand and maybe dk mentor the knew kids on and off the ice

whatever the bruins do, they need to become the hammer and not the nail again. Too many "bad luck" type injuries, too much getting hemmed in their own zone, throwing hits often time's looked like a chore for our boys. They dont need to be big, they just need to be tough. We need more clifton type players and less carlo type players (and I like carlo but man his play was a microcosm of the bruins problems overall)

Reactions: DKH

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Krejci isn't coming back. He wants his kids to grow up in the Czech Republic and be Czech.

His wife's instagram has pictures of her skiing in the Alps, visiting Italy for the weekend, and hanging out in the French Riviera.

Something tells me they are very happy living in Europe.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Krejci isn't coming back. He wants his kids to grow up in the Czech Republic and be Czech.

His wife's instagram has pictures of her skiing in the Alps, visiting Italy for the weekend, and hanging out in the French Riviera.

I'm happy for them and I hope they stay in the Czech Republic. I thought this was over, now he's 2 years older while dominating a beer league.

That chapter in Bruins history needs to stay closed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He wouldn’t be a real solution to anything anymore anyway. I wish the future Bruins HOF’er the best though. Terrific player and an asset to whatever community he’s a part of. He deserves to be home with his family at this point in his career. He’s put in plenty of work in this uniform

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He wouldn’t be a real solution to anything anymore anyway. I wish the future Bruins HOF’er the best though. Terrific player and an asset to whatever community he’s a part of. He deserves to be home with his family at this point in his career. He’s put in plenty of work in this uniform
Honestly, if Sweeney just actually addressed the 2C situation (by actually acquiring newer/younger 2C ) yesterday instead of playing this "will he" or "won't he" game, people could just let Krejci enjoy his euro trip/nhl retirement in peace.

Instead, he let it drag out, a seasons too late.

Reactions: Spooner st and CDJ

Shooksie

D5 Beaut
Jun 19, 2011
sweeney made it seem like he's def. open to DK46 coming back...almost encouraging some of the guys to get in his ear over the summer. i agree the chances of DK46 wanted to come back are slim, especially with us potentially going into a rebuild of sorts

Last edited:

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
sweeney made it seem like he's def. open to DK46 coming back...almost encouraging some of the guys to get in his ear over the summer. i agree the chances of DK46 wanted to come back are slim, especially with us potentially going into a rebuild of sorts
If Krejci comes back Bergy would probably resign, and that puts the rebuild off

yeah but she could ski at waterville valley, visit Providence for the weekend and hang out in the Irish Rivierraahhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad