Player Discussion Krejci Signs 1 year $1 million, plus an additional $2 million in performance-based incentives

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Montreal would absolutely claim him just to f*** with the Bruins, no question in my mind

I'm here for it. Montreal has 3 RFAs on July 1 and they already have an enemy in Carolina. Caulfield is an RFA after next season too.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
To the uninformed out there who say almost other playoff teams have the capspace to claim Krejci "even with a maximum contract" and that the Bruins only have $1m in capspace:

Capfriendly shows you deadline space. Start by looking at that. Second, realize that you can put Zboril on the LTIR. So add that space too. Third, you can do the same for Vaak and/or send him to Providence when he's healthy. Fourth, realize that capspace is counted and accumulated daily. Fifth, go ahead and count how many players are on Boston's capfriendly roster right now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
To the uninformed out there who say almost other playoff teams have the capspace to claim Krejci "even with a maximum contract" and that the Bruins only have $1m in capspace:

Capfriendly shows you deadline space. Start by looking at that. Second, realize that you can put Zboril on the LTIR. So add that space too. Third, you can do the same for Vaak and/or send him to Providence when he's healthy. Fourth, realize that capspace is counted and accumulated daily. Fifth, go ahead and count how many players are on Boston's capfriendly roster right now.

No, you can't add Zboril to the LTIR and get any real benefit until the cap space available is smaller than his salary. You can't just "add that space." Same would go for Vaak.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
for a lot of reasons stated (if people care to actually consider them), I think there is a path to bring him back. Sure a team could try to screw it up, but there are ways to minimize that risk.

I've said it before but I don't think the issue with bringing him back is the logistics. I think it's just that he has given zero indication that he wants to come back.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
for a lot of reasons stated (if people care to actually consider them), I think there is a path to bring him back. Sure a team could try to screw it up, but there are ways to minimize that risk.

I've said it before but I don't think the issue with bringing him back is the logistics. I think it's just that he has given zero indication that he wants to come back.
That's pretty much it in my view too, so all the gymnastics to figure out how he could get added are kind of pointless.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
There are other issues as Im sure other have pointed out. Europe is crazy right now. DK46 to Boston, there is an outside chance...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Yep. That ship has sailed

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So just as a reminder, what day would he theoretically have to sign in order to process through waivers and make it onto an NHL roster with playoff eligibility.

Also, is it correct that he signs the contract first? I also wonder were poison pills removed? I thought after poison pills were removed, some team still used one it was just more generic then the previous pills. The team simply had to be more creative I thought.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
No, you can't add Zboril to the LTIR and get any real benefit until the cap space available is smaller than his salary. You can't just "add that space." Same would go for Vaak.

Well we're talking about adding a bigger salary for Krejci... so that would be the cap space used. Is it that hard to follow what I'm saying???

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Interesting that Krejci's totals this year were nearly identical to his NHL numbers last year,but.... His goals were up 250% but his assists were down 25%.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well we're talking about adding a bigger salary for Krejci... so that would be the cap space used. Is it that hard to follow what I'm saying???
No, overall I get what you are trying to say, but if you are going to "educate" people on how it all works, you should at least get that part correct.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
That's a new wrinkle and a serious factor.

Family first guy may want to get them all out now. Czechia does border the Ukraine.

The Czech Republic does not border Ukraine.
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 12.25.46 PM.jpg

That being said, he still might be nervous about the state of affairs in Europe and look to bring the family to North America for a prolonged visit. Whether that may include playing hockey is another matter.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Czech Republic does not border Ukraine.View attachment 517635

That being said, he still might be nervous about the state of affairs in Europe and look to bring the family to North America for a prolonged visit. Whether that may include playing hockey is another matter.

My apologies.

That's Slovakia bordering the Ukraine, not Czechia.

Still pretty close though and probably on Putin's map as part of Russia.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad