Player Discussion Krejci Signs 1 year $1 million, plus an additional $2 million in performance-based incentives

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bringing back Krejci screams, “We have no idea what we’re doing.”

Don’t get me wrong, the fan inside me would be happy because I love Krejci but if you take a step back:

1.) He went a full year out of the NHL

2.) He’s 36 years old

3.) We have no idea how he’s regressed

You’re not winning a Cup with two 35+ centers, one of which would be returning after a year off from NHL hockey.

So what’s the point? I’d give it a 2% chance of the stars aligning and it working out. I’d literally record myself eating a crow if Bergeron re-signed for one more year, he came back, and Sweeney makes the right moves that lead them to a Cup. I just do not see that happening and it does nothing for this franchise beside a season of nostalgic feels.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Don’t get me wrong, the fan inside me would be happy because I love Krejci but if you take a step back:

2.) He’s 36 years old

You’re not winning a Cup with two 35+ centers, one of which would be returning after a year off from NHL hockey.

So what’s the point? I’d give it a 2% chance of the stars aligning and it working out. I’d literally record myself eating a crow if Bergeron re-signed for one more year, he came back, and Sweeney makes the right moves that lead them to a Cup. I just do not see that happening and it does nothing for this franchise beside a season of nostalgic feels.
if there is one thing I`m almost certain about it`s the fact that Krejci would have outperformed what we just saw from both Haula and Coyle which was literally nothing in that first round but I totally understand and agree with your points.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Krejci isn't coming back. He wants his kids to grow up in the Czech Republic and be Czech.

His wife's instagram has pictures of her skiing in the Alps, visiting Italy for the weekend, and hanging out in the French Riviera.

Something tells me they are very happy living in Europe.
For those who know and understand the way of living in west Europe... there's nothing like it... IMO it's the way life is supposed to be lived. Day to day, no stress, calmly, happily enjoying life to the max. With every country a few steps away with many offerings. Why the hell you want to get out of there. Too dangerous? Spain is only a few steps away.

If Krejci comes back Bergy would probably resign, and that puts the rebuild off

yeah but she could ski at waterville valley, visit Providence for the weekend and hang out in the Irish Rivierraahhh
Why swim at sea when you can swim in a puddle. 🤣

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
For those who know and understand the way of living in west Europe... there's nothing like it... IMO it's the way life is supposed to be lived. Day to day, no stress, calmly, happily enjoying life to the max. With every country a few steps away with many offerings. Why the hell you want to get out of there. Too dangerous? Spain is only a few steps away.

Why swim at sea we you can swim in a puddle. 🤣
I agree ägain¨with you. Huge difference in the of living in Europe and in North America..... they walk, and we run all the time!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Why swim at sea when you can swim in a puddle. 🤣

Only about 1200 miles.

But I agree, I better place to live.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My kid follows their Instagram- nothing last 3 weeks what happened ?

Where are they eating and vacationing in May ?

Krejci isn't coming back. He wants his kids to grow up in the Czech Republic and be Czech.

His wife's instagram has pictures of her skiing in the Alps, visiting Italy for the weekend, and hanging out in the French Riviera.

Something tells me they are very happy living in Europe.
Is he playing for same team in the Czech Extravaganza or retiring after IHFF ?

He looks good enough to probably keep playing over there till 40

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

2.) He’s 36 years old

We have 2 guys who are second/third line centers as well. Him and Bergeron could see some time at wing.

You can't sign first line centers as free agents there is no real downside they take up cap on 1 year deals that would have gone to waste or some shitbag free agent like Foligno.

Jagr came back at a similar age from Europe better than when he left.

If you can bring him and Bergeron back, clear out 2-3 bad salaries like Gryz, Smith, Foligno, and add 1 impact top 6 talent free agent the team is going to look stacked.

Reactions: Gordoff and Yeti34

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We have 2 guys who are second/third line centers as well. Him and Bergeron could see some time at wing.

You can't sign first line centers as free agents there is no real downside they take up cap on 1 year deals that would have gone to waste or some shitbag free agent like Foligno.

Jagr came back at a similar age from Europe better than when he left.

If you can bring him and Bergeron back, clear out 2-3 bad salaries like Gryz, Smith, Foligno, and add 1 impact top 6 talent free agent the team is going to look stacked.

Jagr is a freak of nature. The man put up 66 points at 44 years old in todays NHL. He’s one of the greatest players to ever play hockey. I love Krejci but you’re comparing apples to tires.

You’re just reiterating my “2% of happening” opinion.

Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jagr is a freak of nature. The man put up 66 points at 44 years old in todays NHL. He’s one of the greatest players to ever play hockey. I love Krejci but you’re comparing apples to tires.

That is fine.

No matter what the Bruins do this offseason the bottom of the East is pretty bad and if they don't make the playoffs they will finish 10th or 9th and have a crappy pick.

They need to do whatever they can to improve the team as long as its not signing more Folignos. There is absolutely no downside to DK returning. Taylor Hall deserves it he signed for way less than his market value and didn't get to play with DK. His MVP year in NJ wasn't that long ago.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That is fine.

No matter what the Bruins do this offseason the bottom of the East is pretty bad and if they don't make the playoffs they will finish 10th or 9th and have a crappy pick.

They need to do whatever they can to improve the team as long as its not signing more Folignos. There is absolutely no downside to DK returning. Taylor Hall deserves it he signed for way less than his market value and didn't get to play with DK. His MVP year in NJ wasn't that long ago.
I'm gonna disagree with you on your Taylor Hall comments. His MVP year was a fluke. He's a 20-25 goal a year player who'll average you .66pts/game. He's a good, not great, player and I don't think he's signed well below market value.

That said, since this is a Krejci thread, I'm astounded at the number of people still holding out hope that he'll come back, and even more astounded that people think he'll perform at the level he did 2+ years ago.

Move on, folks. We should be focusing on finding the next generation of talent instead of wasting our time bringing back the Krejci's and Lucic's of the world and hoping to squeeze 1 or 2 more seasons out of them.

Get your heads out of the past, already......

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

You are right, Jagr was a freak of nature...... but also the guy played hockey on half the ice, never or almost never blocked a shot and does not even know defence exist.

playing centre - as a top 6 in the league at 36, 37 and 38 on a schedule of 82 games is extremely tough in modern hockey. At some point, Bruins needs to start finding new talent imo. Bring back 37 and 46, but in in the middle six area!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm gonna disagree with you on your Taylor Hall comments. His MVP year was a fluke. He's a 20-25 goal a year player who'll average you .66pts/game. He's a good, not great, player and I don't think he's signed well below market value.

That said, since this is a Krejci thread, I'm astounded at the number of people still holding out hope that he'll come back, and even more astounded that people think he'll perform at the level he did 2+ years ago.

Move on, folks. We should be focusing on finding the next generation of talent instead of wasting our time bringing back the Krejci's and Lucic's of the world and hoping to squeeze 1 or 2 more seasons out of them.

Get your heads out of the past, already......

So what do you want to do lose on purpose and try to be worse than Buffalo in hopes of #1 overall pick?

Bringing in the Krejci and Lucic's of the world on short term deals save you from doing moronic shit like signing Backes or Foligno.

There is no easy way to get first line centers. It could be 10 years until we get the next guy who's as good as Bergeron. You don't want to take DK back on a deal with no downside to fill the hole next year? You want to trade McAvoy for someone who isn't a generational player and hope it works out? That is what it will cost.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Krejci setting up Pasta at the back door with a beautiful cross-ice pass almost brings a tear to the eye. Good memories. And they're happy to be playing together again. It's really nice to see.

Yea it brings a tear to my eye alright

Tears of regret cassidy didn’t put him with Krejci against the f***ing blues. We’d have another cup goddamnit

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Bringing in the Krejci and Lucic's of the world on short term deals save you from doing moronic shit like signing Backes or Foligno.
So signing the likes of Backes or Foligno at age 33-34 is moronic, but bringing in a 34 year old Lucic or a 36 year old Krejci makes complete sense then??

I get that we are thin at Center, especially if Bergy retires, but what you are proposing isn't going to solve the problem and smacks of desperation...

Reactions: pearljamvs5

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

2.) He’s 36 years old

Hot Take

I’m bring him back but I didn’t take Advanced Hockey Knowledge & Armchair GM at Sports Hub U

I’m watching him right now with Pastrnak and they look fantastic together

Hopefully for Cassidy sake Sweeney is outside spreading mulch

Reactions: KnightofBoston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad