Low Effort GDT Kraft Hockeyville Presents: Clash at the Sudbury Community Arena | Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! (7PM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I know, I explained that things could have changed had the Senators cashed in their chances.
I think it's worth saying that it's highly unlikely you're going to get a lot of people believing in these moral victories and hypothetical if-this-bounce-had-gone-our-way-we-could-have-won scenarios. Ultimately, results will matter. The preseason does not matter but soon the games will and there will be no room for any of this "things would have been totally different if not for these 3 things!" statements as we talk about losses piling up in the early parts of the season.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Full blown panic here. I don't get it. They've had a relatively decent pre-season and it doesn't really matter in the end. Last year Korpse was lights out in pre-season, then immediately stunk it up once the games mattered, now people want to quote what he's doing in Boston pre-season as if we should miss him. Lunacy. We didn't have our new, real starting goaltender in net last night and didn't lose by much. Also still missing Zub who brings balance to the D. They need to put it together and Forsberg needs to hold it together for 20-25 games or gtfo, but I'm not going to panic without Ullmark in net, he's the biggest positive change they made in the offseason, by far.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
this team just has to start hot.

sick of the season being over after a month.
That would be nice but I am not expecting "hot". If they are at 50% after 20 games, I would be surprised.

Full blown panic here. I don't get it. They've had a relatively decent pre-season and it doesn't really matter in the end. Last year Korpse was lights out in pre-season, then immediately stunk it up once the games mattered, now people want to quote what he's doing in Boston pre-season as if we should miss him. Lunacy. We didn't have our new, real starting goaltender in net last night and didn't lose by much. Also still missing Zub who brings balance to the D. They need to put it together and Forsberg needs to hold it together for 20-25 games or gtfo, but I'm not going to panic without Ullmark in net, he's the biggest positive change they made in the offseason, by far.
Forsberg will be gone at the end of the season.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think it's worth saying that it's highly unlikely you're going to get a lot of people believing in these moral victories and hypothetical if-this-bounce-had-gone-our-way-we-could-have-won scenarios. Ultimately, results will matter. The preseason does not matter but soon the games will and there will be no room for any of this "things would have been totally different if not for these 3 things!" statements as we talk about losses piling up in the early parts of the season.
I don't disagree, but it's pre-season and we're just employing a new system and Mr Greig missed a wide open chance. They all need their timing back etc etc etc

Reactions: bert

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Also, it's incredible that Crosby is out there still being the best player on the ice. The LeBron James of hockey at this point with how he's playing in to the twilight of his career.

Reactions: DrEasy

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I know, I explained that things could have changed had the Senators cashed in their chances.
Fortunately, its still the preseason, so there’s still lots of runway left to take off. Just wanted to mention that as who knows how people might react to posts. Like I’ve said, maybe it will take time for the systems Green is deploying to sink in and perhaps they will find another gear. Having said that, Pittsburgh is a team that the Senators might be competing with for a wild card spot, so maybe there’s a little extra attention & focus on this game while still understanding its preseason and there were no points lost.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Fortunately, its still the preseason, so there’s still lots of runway left to take off. Just wanted to mention that as who knows how people might react to posts. Like I’ve said, maybe it will take time for the systems Green is deploying to sink in and perhaps they will find another gear. Having said that, Pittsburgh is a team that the Senators might be competing with for a wild card spot, so maybe there’s a little extra attention & focus on this game while still understanding its preseason and there were no points lost.
So the system was working it looked like they ran out of gas to excecute it. Which I guess can be looked at two ways, its not sustainable or they dont know how to do it efficiently. I know how the vocal people will look at it. I personally see it as something they have to work at and work on to get through, its gonna take some time but the early results to me were promising.

But I will say this, the one big difference between pre season and regular season is the result doesnt matter. Yeah in the regular season you just want to make sure you get the 2 points thats all that matters, if you get out played but win so be it. In a preseason game id rather be the better team in the game than get the win. The sens were faster and had more chances than Pitt. They lost the game due to a combination of a bad goal against, a lucky goal against and a missed open net. However they were the better team. I will take the process over the result in pre season.

Reactions: Micklebot

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad